Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 04-04-2006, 06:36 PM   #51
CptSternn

Sobeh. I'm in Ireland. Catholicism says condoms are bad so until 2 years ago possession of them was illegal.

Thats where that came from.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 02:39 AM   #52
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
Sobeh. I'm in Ireland. Catholicism says condoms are bad so until 2 years ago possession of them was illegal.

Thats where that came from.
Perhaps 2 years ago was the first time you had the opportunity to use a condom but it's not true that possession of them was illegal 2 years ago.
It's true Catholicism preaches that sex is only for procreational purposes, and therefore forbids the use of contraception. What with the tight bond between government and church in Ireland this made the availability of any contraception restricted until recently, but not a recent as just 2 years ago!
Condoms were available legally by prescription and only to married couples until 1985 when they were allowed to be sold to over 18s only. The sale of condoms was made completely unrestricted in 1993 - 13 years ago.
And perhaps when you said "women here" you were pointing to the space between your ears...
Old 04-07-2006, 07:08 AM   #53
CptSternn

ok a 'few' years ago. And even after '93, they were virtually unseen outside of possibly Dublin - and many County Councils STILL barred the sale in areas.

In Clare, they were not allowed to be sold at pubs and in machines until 2 years ago. Also, no chemists had them here. Even today, they are only found in Dunnes here, and only one brand in one box in one size (Durex - big box, 12 quid).

The pubs have them in the jacks, but 99% of the time the machines are busted as gurrier bastards rob the machines.

Ever watch that episode of Killnaskully when they get the condom machine in the pub? Yeah, it's like that.

Good man the Dan!
Old 04-15-2006, 01:52 PM   #54
Cambodian Breakfast

How do you think the American public would react to a Satanic President that was doing what Bush is doing now? Do you think that they would let it pass so easley. I don't think so.
Cambodian Breakfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 01:22 PM   #55
CptSternn

You won't see a satanic president, well, unless you consider bush satanic. Satanism is not the worshipping of satan, it's the idea of doing or worshipping what you want. If the quest for money trumps your moral beliefs, then techincally you are a satanist.

Bush could be techincally considered a satanist.

However thats all schemantics. I know what yer asking - and the answe is no, it wouldnt, but thats not an issue as the president, like congress is comprised of white, middle aged, prodestants.

Oh, there are a few Catholics, and a mormon or two, but how many Muslims are in in congress or running for president or sitting in Federal judge seats?

Even more importantly, how many black republicans are there in congress?
Old 04-16-2006, 02:05 PM   #56
Cambodian Breakfast

Trust me I know about being a satanist. I want a president to out and say hail SATAN. I may nor aggree. I think that it would be neat to see the reaction.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:20 PM   #57
CptSternn

This is a close as you can find...

http://www.benfrank.net/nuke/inaug_p...bush-sign.html
Old 04-17-2006, 08:10 AM   #58
Cambodian Breakfast

Becuase Bush did the texas long horn sing. They have doing that for years.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:44 PM   #59
CptSternn

...but if you look at the pictures, fo r some reason all those othe rbush conies give the same sign, and none of them went to college there.

Not claiming the admin is satanic, just think the whole thing is funny. Especially when yer man claims to be so Christian, and knows the hand sign is linked to satanism, but yet still flashes it all the time, knowing is pisses of his own base and forces them to make excuses for it.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:58 PM   #60
Godslayer Jillian

Being serious, why do you think he keeps making that sign?
Does he think he's cool if he makes that sign?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:59 AM   #61
Morrigan_Dubh

As the infamous Dick Valentine said "Mr.Predident, I don't like you. You don't know how to rock!"
Old 04-18-2006, 05:27 PM   #62
CptSternn

I also think its funny ozzy osbourne, professed satanist, master of demons, student of anton levy, who wrote songs about Alister Crowley and other satanistic symbols, has now visited bush and had dinner at the white house no less than three times.

Bush, a right-wing conservative hanging out with the poster boy for satanism, inviting him to dinner at the white house.

Anyone else see that as extremely ironic?
Old 04-21-2006, 10:13 PM   #63
|BlackOps| Master Ch33f

that is indeed ironicly ironic. i am impressed by your observatory skills in the irony department.
|BlackOps| Master Ch33f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 01:52 PM   #64
|BlackOps|Tweeker

I think bush is cool.
|BlackOps|Tweeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 07:31 PM   #65
Godslayer Jillian

At least one disagrees with the other

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:29 AM   #66
Dreaming Vendetta

It's okay to like Bush (even if I don't). After all, what good is a debate where everyone agrees? Now, if you can just support your positive opinion of Bush...

The way I see it, religion should stay as far away from politics as is physically possible. Obviously, not everyone is of the same religion, and thus people's beliefs vary immensely. Call me an anarchist, but I think it is wrong for a majority, Christian or otherwise, to impose its beliefs on the minority. If a person opposes abortion, or anything else as a matter of faith, then they can simply avoid that practice. What's the point of forcing everyone to follow one particular religion's moral guidelines?
Dreaming Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:49 AM   #67
Cambodian Breakfast

That Dosen't make you an anarchist. I makes you liberal.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:23 AM   #68
Binkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
I also think its funny ozzy osbourne, professed satanist,
Someone call VH1 and tell them Ozzy lied to them in a recent interview when he said, "We have the image of being these satanic followers of rock and roll. But I am a family man. I do care what goes on in the world. It's only an image ... I can speak for myself. I'm not a Satanist. I'm kind of a likable loony."

Inform them that Sternn knows the truth and that he's exposing him with his infinite knowledge! Ozzy is a liar! No, wait! It's a conpiracy theory that he's not a Satanist! You tell 'em, Sternn.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 03:03 PM   #69
MrMaelstrom

Exploding pigeons (a thousand years too late).... who'da thunk it?
Old 04-23-2006, 04:31 PM   #70
Blushing Heliophobe

Not only did he uncover the fact that Ozzy is a Satanist, but he uncovered the fact that Bush is one as well! It's a mass US conspiracy, holy shit!

I know someone who could make good money writing for the Enquirer...
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 06:09 PM   #71
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom
Exploding pigeons (a thousand years too late).... who'da thunk it?
Hehe, yay! Someone got my post

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 04-23-2006, 07:11 PM   #72
|BlackOps| Mindless One

bumpbumpbumpbump
|BlackOps| Mindless One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 04:30 AM   #73
CptSternn

Ozzy is a family man? You must never watch the osbournes. They are a disgrace if at best. Greedy, lethargic, overeight bitchy letchers chocked full of drugs complaining that their $2,500 dog shat on their $10,000 rug in their $4,000,000 house.

What exactly do they contribute to the community to make them such a 'good family'? The fact his eldest daughter is not even on the show as she feels its an embarressment? The fact both kids have been in and out of rehab and jail for drugs, assualt, DUI, etc? The fact Ozzy himself claims he can't remember a majority of his own life as he has done so many drugs?

Oh yes, there is a shining example of a good 'family man', worthy of praise and invitation to sit with bush. They probably have lots in common.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:56 AM   #74
Blushing Heliophobe

Kind of like yourself with your self proclaimed record of arrests in numerous countries and fraud, tax evasion, and so forth.

You should accompany Ozzy on a visit to go hang out with Bush and praise Satan together like one big, happy family.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:41 PM   #75
MrMaelstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Hehe, yay! Someone got my post
I'm not that thick, doll