Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 07-12-2005, 10:33 PM   #26
last_miricle

Punk Rock

ok...so i havent been to that many concerts...but i gotta say Simple Plan and Good Charlotte totally rock at live concerts!

I saw Simple Plan at the big rock day in Bangkok(that's in Thailand) Other band were there...some of the thai rock band...Avril was there too! Anyways Simple plan totally rock that concert man...they like woke up the ppl!!...it was really cool
I went to that one with my 2 other friend Rachel and Miriam(that was b4 i found out they hate me..) We got a backstage pass for that concert coz Rachel's dad like organises it n everything...very cool. Simple Plan were really friendly even if they had to talk to all of us AFTER their performance. Avril was a big snob though. But it was all cool.

On sunday i went to c Good Charlotte live in Bangkok...they were really rockin coz they played with the drowd and everything...i went with Demi...so it was better coz she's more lively and brave and everything. So we went right up to the front...i went on Demi's back..lol...coz im smaller...but it was cool....

Basicly they rock!!!!
last_miricle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 03:31 PM   #27
Flirting_With_Suicide

Location: In the darkest corner,of your darkest thought,is were you will find me and you will find your self..
The best shows i have ever saw are AFI, and the letters orginize. Tiger Army Was the last one i saw. That was kick ass cuz it was at the gothic theater here in dever colorado. ITs wicked.. But like they other two bands that played with tiger army on the dark romance tour were ok. 12 step rebels were better then the other band i think. But like when afi came a long wile back that was kick ass. And then when the letters organize came about a year after that was also cool. I cant say which is my favorite......
Flirting_With_Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 03:00 AM   #28
FenrisQueen

I've been to quite a few Bar and/or club shows, but this summer I finally got to go to two big concerts, and they will always stick out in my mind.

At Warped tour, I got to see MXPX, Fall Out Boy, Dropkick Murphys (I also met the band) Hawthorne Heights, My Chemical Romance, The Transplants, the Offspring, Relient K, the Starting Line, Thrice, Something Corporate,Avenged Sevenfold, Matchbook Romance, Atreyu, Millencolin, Story of the Year, Senses Fail, Motion City Soundtrack and a million other bands.

Then I went to see Green Day with Special Guests Jimmy Eat World. They blew my ears off. I loved it. Billie Joe repeatedly stuck his hand down his pants and made out with a guy onstage. He really knew how to get the crowd going, and I'm definitely going to see them again.
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
FenrisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 05:46 AM   #29
Demonista_Ravenesque

Ok...first of all, Avril Lavigne sucks ass live (See what you do when you're young and wreckless? you go to worthless concerts!) , but the band that played before her was absolutly fucking hilarious! Go GOB!

And Lately, I've saw NIN live, it was sooo crowded, I got crushed and I was shocked at Trent Reznor's new *bold* look EMPHASIS ON THE BOLD

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 06:26 AM   #30
pitseleh

You mean "bald", right?
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 07:14 AM   #31
Demonista_Ravenesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh
You mean "bald", right?
heh, its a terrible pun

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 10:28 AM   #32
Jakadi

Ok...one of my favorite band is Evanescence...yes I like Eva....cry about it.I went to there show and it was HORRIBLE!!!She didnt sing like herself...she couldnt even pronouce the words of the song...I was VERY disapointed.The best show I went to was Disturbed.It was kickass.
Jakadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 10:29 AM   #33
Jakadi

Oh yea...and COF was kickass because he sound JUST LIKE the CD..the band was awsome,his voice kicked ass,and he was ever so sexy.
Jakadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 11:47 AM   #34
1TOOMANY

My favorite shows would have to be; Slayer, Circle Jerks, Beastie Boys, Clutch, Agent Orange, Murphy's Law. Wow I can write my favorite shows all day.

The worst;

House of Pain, L7, Misfits (with that new singer Michael Graves)
There's a lot more but those were the shittiest ones that immediately came to mind.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:43 PM   #35
Black Gestalt

Well, I would have to say that I have a personal love for The Blood Brothers live. Got nothing to do with goth, but no matter, I listen to many genre's. Their lives are fucking amazing.

The worst band I ever saw was Athletic Automaton, who, amusingly, opened for The Blood Brothers.
Black Gestalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 04:46 PM   #36
Black Gestalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenrisQueen
I've been to quite a few Bar and/or club shows, but this summer I finally got to go to two big concerts, and they will always stick out in my mind.

At Warped tour, I got to see MXPX, Fall Out Boy, Dropkick Murphys (I also met the band) Hawthorne Heights, My Chemical Romance, The Transplants, the Offspring, Relient K, the Starting Line, Thrice, Something Corporate,Avenged Sevenfold, Matchbook Romance, Atreyu, Millencolin, Story of the Year, Senses Fail, Motion City Soundtrack and a million other bands.

Then I went to see Green Day with Special Guests Jimmy Eat World. They blew my ears off. I loved it. Billie Joe repeatedly stuck his hand down his pants and made out with a guy onstage. He really knew how to get the crowd going, and I'm definitely going to see them again.
Avenged Sevenfold is pretty sweet live, I saw them a long long time ago.
Black Gestalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 04:56 PM   #37
Star of Blight

Curosia when it was here in Sacramento wasn't that bad, though I hear the folks who saw it a couple days before in SF got a better show.....not that I'm suprised I mean this is Sacramento afterall.

And you know, I saw KMFDM and Black Japan on the same tour, and I really do have to agree with what you said. It's nice to see people out there actually doing industrial instead of rock washed through a synth.

I think the most horrific concert I ever saw was for some local group called Warp 11. Some people think they're great, but honestly I don't see the appeal and the people have the stage presence of a septic tank.

Though, by and far the best concert I've ever been to was when I saw Alice Cooper last halloween up in Reno. Yeah he's getting a little old and showing it, but the man still puts on one hell of a show. If you've never seen Alice live then you really need to go out and do it. Even if your not a big Alice Cooper fan (which I assure you I'm not) you'll still have a fun time.
Star of Blight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 12:51 PM   #38
debaserPixie

the best concert ive been 2 was korns greatest hits tour.some of u probably think that they suck,but they're my favorite ban d-so fuck you. Jonathan played the bagpipes and munky played by the side of the stage i sat by. munky pointed at the crowd-i thought it was me;iwaved and he waved back.i'm just glad i got 2 see them before head turn christan-which im all 4.More korn 2 go around.
debaserPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 09:32 AM   #39
Junk Bond Trader

Recently, I've seen The dBs. They are an old school indie/college rock band from the 80s. They rocked. Saw them at our local indie rock venue Maxwells.

I've also recently seen The Posies. They were great also.

Other recent shows include Duran Duran twice (they were also the very first concert I went to at the age of ten-- it was 1983 for Seven and The Ragged Tiger)

Peter Murphy BB Kings. Certainly very good, but I've seen him about five times before. Each show was good in its own way. The venue sucks.

Robyn Hitchcock. Always good, and Ira Kaplan of Yo La Tengo did a cameo. Saw him at Maxwells.

KMFDM - that show was sort of disappointing, mainly because I haven't liked an album since Adios, so I'm really not much for their new stuff. Also at BB King. House lighting sucks always and the beer is way too much $$.

Julianna Hatfield - good as can be expected. I casually like her stuff. She was in town and with Maxwell's a short walk for me, I couldn't pass it up.

Psychedelic Furs - Also up close and personal at Maxwells.

Sonic Youth - at Maxwells. I admit I got a little bored. I like them, but I remember the shows being alot more fun at The Academy in NYC.
Junk Bond Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 09:25 PM   #40
Tall One In Black

Worst concert was when I went with a friend to see Living Colour. They kept having technical difficulties, as if they'd never played on a real stage before. And the guitarist was obviously wasted; he tripped over the cord and unplugged the guitar no less than three times. We left after 30 minutes.

For best concerts, I'll go with the two most recent. Sigur Ros because they're an amazingly unique band, plus I had second-row seats in a beautiful new concert hall. And Tapping the Vein last year because I'd been dying to see them live; it was a one-off show and I was lucky enough to catch it. Their songs are powerful to me, so seeing and hearing them live was a great experience.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:31 AM   #41
mortalitas incomitatus

OH....... SLIPKNOT!!!!!
(yes...and i know i'll get flamed for liking them but i dont give a ......)
Absolutly awesome.....i was 15, came out of the mosh bleeding and covered in sweat. plus the mental shit they pulled was absolutly funny, they set fire to the stage the one of em jumped off the balcony not once but twice, so the venue call in the paramedics and cut the concert short due to damage to the stage.

also fear factory was fabulous!!!
until i took a boot to the temple and woke up on the bathroom floor with about six people throwing water on me.
but the first 3/4 was great to watch and they sounded awesome.

ummmm......the static X, system of a down and Korn show was sweet as.

TOOL ahhhhhhh yes TOOL...........ABSOLUTLY BRILLIANT!!!!!!!
soo good to watch.....just visually amazing.
contortionists, jugglers, fire breathers, the works.......was a feast for the senses.

Live was great to watch plus they have a lot of interaction with the crowd which is always good.

M. Manson was great to watch. the sound was a bit off though but that was mainly an acoustics problem.

Rammstein........one word......MENTAL!!!
the music was mental!
they were mental.
the pit was mental.
everything was just f**king mental!
aggghhhhh....i'm all excited just remembering it.

pearl jam was a let down as it was seated and we couldnt see, or stand on the seats.....too much security telling everyong off so it was too hard to get into it.
but it sounded good played all to old faves.

embodiment 12:14.was the absolute WORST.
we boo-ed them off stage within 20 minutes and DAMAGED took over. they were fantastic without a doubt.

ummmmm.......who else??
NIN - good, but i was not overly impressed with Mr Reznor.....dont think his heart is in it anymore....but thats just my opinion.

Pantera....Fantabulous!!!
(ps.fantabulous is my own creation...it is cross between fantastic and fabulous. yes yes i know i'm wierd!!!)

red hot chilli peppers......great fun

metallica....awesome

prodigy.......what can i say....i love 'em.

i think thats about it.

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 07:20 AM   #42
MrMaelstrom

Some of the best:
The Sneaker Pimps '99
The Iron Maiden '92
Metallica '91
Suicidal Tendencies '91
Smashing Pumpkins '96 '98 '99
dEUS '98
Pixies '04
Radiohead '01
Siouxsie & the Banshees '95
Massive Attack '98
Bauhaus '98
Pearl Jam '96
Soul 2 Soul '89
Perry Blake '05
Placebo '99
Pantera '94
Carl Cox '95
Josh Wink '95
The Chemical Brothers '02
The Cure '95 '02
The Prodigy '95
Rammstein '98 '00
David Bowie '95
The Young Gods '98
Morcheeba '98
The Creatures '99
PJ Harvey '02
Muse '02
Morphine '99 (the concert before the one where he died onstage. They played a hard 4 hours non-stop...)

Worst: Paradise Lost '99. That and buying a Bon Jovi ticket so I could watch Billy Idol do the openers...

Last edited by MrMaelstrom; 10-16-2005 at 07:50 AM.
MrMaelstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 07:38 AM   #43
mortalitas incomitatus

yeah MrM.......
placebo, chem bros, were awesome too.
missed the cure tho ~sob~ was too sick to go so my ticket went to waste.

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 11:35 AM   #44
hendrix

the rolling stones rock n' roll circus & woodstock - jimi hendrix
hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 01:13 PM   #45
Haunted House

I saw the Misfits twice and they were amazing both times. I saw the Sisters back in March and that was just pure awesomeness. I was suprised because a pit broke out during 'Vision Thing'.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:32 AM   #46
Somber Illusions

I'm a bit of a n00be when it comes to concerts, so I don't really know what a good concert is. I've only been aloud to attend concerts for about two years now. (Hardcore Parents)

I have seen a few while I lived in Hawaii though. Being the small island that it is, its difficult to attract decent bands.

Here are the ones I've seen so far:

Surf Fest 2004 which included:

Pennylane, Yellowcard, Rise Against, New Found Glory, The Vandals, and various other local bands.

This one was my first and most dramatic. I fought for my life to keep my position in front of the stage, sadly, the Mohawks got the best of me and I found myself face first in the dirt. I came out with a bloody nose and various bruising. I had Punk Rock Shock and ran up a hill to get air, and that's where I stayed.

This was my favorite out of the four I attended, I also had a great view of Stevo's (The Vandals) drunken stage hump.

And to mention I got free beer and weed, it was thrown at me, literally.

Coheed and Cambria: Its true, he really does wear a poodle.

The Eagles: No Comment

311: Again, No Comment

Coming up Ozzfest 2006, ticket money finally well spent.
Somber Illusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:29 PM   #47
Monsosin

Lets see... In order from best to worst.
Rob Zombie and ozzy, I sang to loud with zombie that I tasted blood.
Static-X, some one was hit in the face for being a dick in the pit, and I had more fun then I should have.
Mortiis, only went to see them, I got to meet the band and they signed stuff for me and gave me free stuff because I gave them Sharpies!
Static-X, It rained and I was cold and wet the whole time, and my dreads were cold and dripping down my back.
Ozz fest (all of them) bad
Monsosin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 01:27 AM   #48
Somber Illusions

Quote:
Ozz fest (all of them) bad
As I said above, I'm attending this year's Ozzfest. This will be the first Ozzfest show that I've ever attended. You said they were all bad, why is that?
Old 05-24-2006, 12:19 AM   #49
Monsosin

Some were kind of good. I did see lots of bands I like, but I was in the Sod fights each year at the Chicago land Ozz fest. I got hit with a rock in the face, every year I get stalkers who want in my pants, the sun this ball of dirt orbits wants me dead (bad sun burn), and shit costs to much there. This year is the first year I'm not going, but thats because I don't want to see any of the bands this year. My favorit Ozz Fest was 2001, I went for free and had sky box. Have fun though, and if I miss anything good feel free to rub it in my face.
Monsosin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 04:04 AM   #50
Somber Illusions

I'll be sure to, thanks.