Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 01-07-2007, 03:31 PM   #1
Encaitare

Encaitare

Hey, all! My name's Encaitare (that's En-CAI-tah-ray), which is an Elvish translation of my real name. *is a Tolkien nerd* I respond to Encai, Jamie, and just about anything except "Hey, stupid!" =P

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

- I love to read; my favorite genres are fantasy and science fiction. I'm a total bookworm and always have been. I have also been known to write... I've written a lot of fanfiction and am currently working on some original short stories.
- I am a musician and play the flute, but more on that later.
- A very large portion of my time is spent on my arse in front of the laptop, and I fear this will only get worse as I sign up to yet another site!
- I really, really love Star Trek. A lot. Too much.
- I like doing crafty things, like making shirts and doing cross-stitch. Sometimes I can draw.
- I enjoy studying theology and learning why people believe the things they do. Personally, I think religion is a mistake, but it's really interesting to learn about.

2.Where are you from?

New York, USA.

3.Who is your favorite author?

Favorite living author: Neil Gaiman. I've read most of his books and each one I read just makes me love him even more. The Sandman is my favorite of all his works, but my other faves are Good Omens and American Gods.

Favorite dead author: J. R. R. Tolkien. The Lord of the Rings is another unhealthy obsession of mine.

Others that I like are Douglas Adams, Edgar Allan Poe, Alexandre Dumas, and Orson Scott Card. If anyone ever wants to talk books, I'm so there. :-D

4. What are your favorite films?

The Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, Moulin Rouge, Star Trek II: the Wrath of Khan, Star Trek: First Contact, Mirrormask, V for Vendetta, Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

If I should ever marry, I don't plan on having much of a ceremony. I guess if there were to be a reception where music was played, I'd want a full orchestra to play Beethoven's 6th Symphony, because that is one huge piece of awesome right there. Or for a generic one, Pachelbel's Canon in D. I don't care how overused it is; it's a lovely piece.

6. At your funeral?

“Further” by VNV Nation. If you're not familiar with it, download it or at least look up the lyrics. They're very beautiful.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

In my sleep. Death isn't scary if you don't know it's coming. =P

8. What kind of casket would you want?

I'll probably be cremated, but if I am buried, I wanna be in one of these!
http://knuttz.net/hosted_pages/Artfull-Coffins-20060928

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

I only get to pick one?! Oh, very well. My current favorite is probably a black Tripp corset with black lacing up the front and panels of tiny Chinese dragons, with a greenish brown off-the-shoulder shirt underneath, with a long skirt of deep green, and these suede-like black boots that I got at Payless. All this with some kind of awesome necklace and big bangles and wavy hair makes me very, very happy.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

Bill Nye the Science Guy!

11. What's your favorite band?

I shall not be limited to one again! I was always into all kinds of rock and gradually discovered the wonders of metal and eventually symphonic metal. I've recently gotten interested in synthpop and other electronica too. So here's a list of my top bands/artists:
Assemblage 23, Bauhaus, Bjork, Blind Guardian, Children of Bodom, Coldplay, the Decemberists, DragonForce, the Dresden Dolls, Enya, Jethro Tull, Leaves' Eyes, Marilyn Manson, the Mediaeval Baebes, Metallica, Nightwish, Pink Floyd, the Planet Smashers, Rammstein, Rasputina, Regina Spektor, Sigur Ros, the Smashing Pumpkins, Switchblade Symphony, the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Type O Negative, VNV Nation, Voltaire, the Who.

I listen to a bunch of classical music too... Beethoven is my favorite composer.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

I go to the Crane School of Music for music education and flute performance. It's fun but a lot of work. I spend entirely too much time in practice rooms that very closely resemble jail cells.

13. Why did you join?

I was Googling for goggles and one of the threads here came up. Of course, I had to investigate further and then discovered the DIY thread and a lot of other cool things. Everyone here seems pretty nifty and like the kind of people I'd enjoy talking to.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

Female... although I took the quiz below and it told me I'm exactly gender neutral. O_o
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbo....shtml?users=1

But really, I'm a chica! Here's photographic proof:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/...ff/Photo74.jpg
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 03:41 PM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encaitare
I'm a chica!
Lies, you're a peacock and you know it!

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 03:50 PM   #3
DarkHeartedDemoness

<3's Quenya.

Welcome!
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 04:12 PM   #4
Clockwork

Heh, Googling for goggles. That's priceless.
o_O And those are about the ugliest caskets I've ever seen, save for maybe the second. In my humble opinion. I like that you like Douglas Adams though, and that you bolded Voltaire in your music list.

Welcome.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:36 PM   #5
Pyre

Blind Guarding. Heh. People sometimes make fun of me for liking them, though they are a silly band. . . But, anyone who has songs based on LotR would be!
Welcome to the boards.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 05:18 PM   #6
Pyre

I just took that gender test.
I scored 50 on the female side.
And I am very proud of myself! My memory is terrible, but on the displacement test there was only one object that I failed to find displaced. I made a 93% on that, while on average women make 46%. Win.
Though, apparently I do prefer feminine faces over male faces. . .
I found that one difficult, however, as none of the men were attractive.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:18 PM   #7
PersephoneX

Hi! i like you! you made me giggle!
So welcome!
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:52 PM   #8
Encaitare

Thanks for the nice welcome, everyone!
Old 01-10-2007, 06:06 PM   #9
korinna5555

welcome!
i am a bit of a tolkien nerd as well....i taught myself to write and read quenya elvish

voltaire
Old 01-10-2007, 06:30 PM   #10
Encaitare

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
welcome!
i am a bit of a tolkien nerd as well....i taught myself to write and read quenya elvish

voltaire

Very nifty. I can write Tengwar quite well, but my Elvish studies haven't been very fruitful. =(

And Voltaire... I loff him. He always cheers me up when I'm in a foul mood. =)
Old 01-10-2007, 06:31 PM   #11
korinna5555

goooodnight demonslayerrrr goooodnighttttt......