Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 02-19-2007, 08:17 AM   #1
LaKeesha

Smile "O.P." (NOT Ocean Pacific)

Hi, folks.

I hope I am posting this thread in the correct place.

Anyway, I was just wondering (and I mean no offense or harm against anyone in any way)

how many "older people" are on this list? I know I am one of them and so is HumainPain. I have also noticed that there are some children on here and that is OK too. (To me, under 21 is STILL a child and I mean NO offense by that.)

I mean NO offense by the term "older people" that is just what I am called. he he. I am "older". I am 40. That to me, is OLDER than most of the so-called "gothic" people these days. Well, I FEEL old. He he.

So, I was wondering how many other people are around my age here.

AGAIN, I am sorry if I offended anyone.
LaKeesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:07 AM   #2
maggot

Your mom is an older person.

SKot is in his 30s, I think. Does that count? I mean, most gawths are in their 20s.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:43 PM   #3
LaKeesha

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot
Your mom is an older person.

SKot is in his 30s, I think. Does that count? I mean, most gawths are in their 20s.
My mother is dead 25 years. My father is 74. I see what you mean though.
LaKeesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:01 PM   #4
maggot

Ick. Sorry.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:12 PM   #5
Tin_Lizzie

No offense taken. In chronological years, I am an older person. I was born in 1959 but technically I don’t count myself as a babyboomer because my father was a vet of the Korean War not WW2 and we didn’t have all the advantages of those suburban brats (who shunned us poor kids). We didn’t have the “Goth” label, so I was just “weird” growing up. Now I think of myself as a hybrid Zen-Boho- Eurotrash-Goth. I’m not so much into the music scene, although a friend introduced me to Irish Punk last summer (is Flogging Molly a sort of Goth-punk?). I enjoy gothic literature, both classic and modern. I wear as much black as I can without looking like a widow, and my preferred jewelry is museum copies from antiques (some are from Viking graves). I’m sort of a slacker, as soon as I get good at something I lose interest, which must be the boho influence. Oh, and I live an unglamorous life in SE Europe at the moment, mooching off my husband (lots of people tell me to grow up and get a real job, sigh).
Tin_Lizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:51 PM   #6
MotherofMercies

I love this site for it widespread age group. All the other sites I go on have mainly teens. For the record I'm nineteen.
MotherofMercies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:41 PM   #7
alshio

I'm one of those young'ns. I'm 18 in just over two weeks.
In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed – they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo, Brunelleschi, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.
- Orson Wells
alshio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:44 AM   #8
Vako

34, yet I have taken good care of myself so I feel like I'm in my 20's.
Vako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:55 AM   #9

Hi Lakeesha,
I'm somewhere between you and your definition of a child.
I wonder at what point you become old.
I will consider myself young until I have to wear nappies. There's no deluding yourself that you're not old, when you are in a pair of nappies.
Nice to meet you.
655322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:20 PM   #10
luna-

I'm still a child! Yay! I'm 18 on friday...
I can't say about other places, but in my hometown, in Mexico, the oldest goth I know is 32 years old. The whole movement is left to us kids... and most have a weird idea of what goth is about.
I was talking to a friend the other day about how cool it would be to actually meet a person that lived the scene in 70's or 80´s, but that's not gonna happen here.
luna- is offline   Reply With Quote