Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-30-2007, 08:26 AM   #51
vehemently

Of course we are. The only girls who are ever sent home for their skirts are the gothy types, or the scene kids, whom I find adorable..

And when people were writing on the school bathroom walls that there were bombs in the cafeteria [which there weren't...] my tall, adorable, wouldn't-hurt-a-fly friend got singled out for his trench coat and told he's "scaring the other students" and is forbidden to wear it again. Though he still does...
vehemently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:39 AM   #52
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by vehemently
In a school of 3000, no one really cares. Unless my skirt is 1/2 too short. Then I must be sent home immediately!
Um. Just don't wear skimpy skirts, then. I don't really see a problem with that.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:58 AM   #53
maggot

Vehemently, I don't wanna seem rude, but you can you try to mention your friend with the trench coat and you being sent home for skirts about once a year, instead of twice a day?
Old 03-31-2007, 12:24 PM   #54
darkness before dawn

I'm always pissed off when dealing with assholes but I get particularly enraged when I'm with my son and people ask if he is indeed my son, because of the way I look. I have black hair, very dark eyes and loads of tattoos, so then they see this adorable blonde haired blue eyed moppet and just stare at me, like what, I shouldn't be breeding or something? When in fact, it's the judgemental pricks out there who shouldn't be breeding.
darkness before dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:23 PM   #55
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Using sex in responses usually works. They either get very offended and shut up, or admit they're madly in love with you.

Either way, works for me.
So there's this face you can make.... Take your right hand, and place your index finger pointing upward to the right of your mouth. Place your middle finger to the left of your mouth. Now put all the rest of your fingers in your right hand into a loose fist. Stick your tongue out and wiggle it.

Now direct this face at whomever is pestering you. That person will no longer be able to make eye contact with you. They will, however, talk about this incident to everyone they know.

Hey, you can't have everything.

No, I don't really do this. I just think it, in my head, and giggle.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 04:05 PM   #56
Delicate_Torture

Personally, I love the idiots who yell something like "LOOK AT THE FAT GOTH DYKE!!" as I'm walking past them on the street. I usually stop and politely ask them...

"I'm curious as to what tipped you off that I'm a fat goth dyke? Could it be that I'm overweight? That I'm wearing a black corset and skirt? Or is it that affair I had with your mother?"
Old 03-31-2007, 04:17 PM   #57
alshio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicate_Torture
Personally, I love the idiots who yell something like "LOOK AT THE FAT GOTH DYKE!!" as I'm walking past them on the street. I usually stop and politely ask them...

"I'm curious as to what tipped you off that I'm a fat goth dyke? Could it be that I'm overweight? That I'm wearing a black corset and skirt? Or is it that affair I had with your mother?"
You almost made me fall out of my chair...
In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed – they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo, Brunelleschi, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.
- Orson Wells
alshio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 06:58 PM   #58
Minyaliel

Usually, I just start laughing loudly (or hurry past trying not to giggle). People don't comment on it much, but my hawk seems to be a stare- magnet. For some unexplainable reason, I find this wonderfully hilarious. Some days, though, I take out my poker face and practise my acting skills on people like that... I've found that doing the scary badass act will make people drag their children to the other side of the street, preferrably by crossing the road and using the other pavement until I've passed them, and pretty much everyone else will quickly forget anything they might feel like saying. However, doing the cutesey- hyperactive- hypersocial part will make people think I'm crazy and scare them even more (which I find rather interesting). Actually, it all depends on my mood and the volume of my mp3 player...
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:12 PM   #59
BlackDahlia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicate_Torture

*snerk* Bahahaha...that is pure awesome. XD

I let the weird looks slide, but if the offense is verbal, I give them a hearty one-finger salute. ^_^
BlackDahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:38 PM   #60
Dancing_in_rain

This guy called Ben asked me if I was a zombie today. His friend looked at him, looked at me, cocked an eyebrow, and told Ben to shut the f*ck up. Now that was funny. Then he looked at me and complimented me on my look. Ahhh...I'm in love.

Yawn. This is rather tedious, is it not?

www.chansondeplume.blogspot.com
^Mon blog d'ecriture en francais. Veuillez lire et commenter!
Translation: My writing blog in french. Feel free to read and comment.

Dancing_in_rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:00 PM   #61
Catch

Quote:
Using sex in responses usually works. They either get very offended and shut up, or admit they're madly in love with you.

Either way, works for me.
That wouldn't work on me. I think of being crass as a fun game.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:24 PM   #62
raggedyanne

If people ask me if I'm goth or emo, I just explain that I identify with goth. If they ask again, I tell them to f*ck off. If anyone bothers me more than twice, I order my army of tall non-conformist hotties to deal with them.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:48 PM   #63
orionedarnell

Jesus was not hated for being different, He was hated by some for claiming He was the Son of God. BIG DIFFERENCE. Being a Christian myself, I don't stare or make fun of anyone. Those who do, are not living in the righteousness of God. The only judgement I make is a righteous judgement, which is in the Bible.
This message is for anyone who doesn't know Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.
Have you ever stolen anything no matter how big or small. What does that make

you? A thief right? yes. Have you ever told a lie? What does that make you? A liar

yes? yes. Have you ever had lustful thoughts toward anyone? Well Jesus said that if

you have lusted then you are an adulterer at heart and adultery is against the ten

commandments. It is number 7. Have you ever hated someone? Jesus said that if

you have ever hated anyone then you are a murderer at heart. Thou shalt not kill

(murder) is number 6.
So if God were to judge you by the ten commandments would you go to heaven or

hell. We would all go to hell if that were the case. No man has followed the ten

commandments. But you know what God did to save us from going to hell. He sent

His Son to die on the cross for us and suffer for all of our sins. Then He rose from

the dead to defeat death forever that we may live forever in Heaven and not suffer

eternal damnation.
If you deny this belief let me tell you that the Gospels were written within one

generation of the life of Christ and they were written by eyewitnesses or by people

who interviewed witnesses. This has been proven by historians.
I just want you to realize that I care for you and I want to see you in Heaven and

God Loved this world so much that He gave His only begotten Son that whosover

believes in Him shall not parish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
I ask you to please think about your eternity and this message and come to Jesus

and repent (turn away) from your sins.
orionedarnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:09 PM   #64
BlackWidow

Hm, good topic. Depends on the situation really. If it's old people I just smile really big because I believe highly in respecting "elders." But if it's some young little teeny bopper and they look at me and laugh I just kinda look them up and down and laugh back and roll my eyes. If I am with my son, I just turn to him and tell him I love him so they feel like a piece of shit for judging someone who is a good mother just because I dress in black, have piercings and worship the devil. ( just kidding) I try to ignore stupid people who look at me weird but I've never really been confronted about it so I'm not sure what I would say to a person. Like I said it depends on what they say.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:58 AM   #65
whispertwist

I've only been accosted once. I was dressed in black priest shirt and slacks with big boots, and the gal I was walking with was dressed in pink ******, neither in particularly flashy outfits, and both of us with grey hair.

A pickup drove past and guys leaned out and screamed "WHORES" at us. We were too astounded to react. Then it happened again.

The thing is we were both outside the hall of a science fiction convention and there were HUNDREDS of people in WONDERFUL, SPECTACULAR costumes. Dozens of gorgeous, scantily dressed women. For the life of me, i cannot figure out why they chose us to harass.

How did we react? We laughed so hard we had to hang onto each other until the tears stopped.

And next year, i'm wearing a leather corset, dammit, so if i get hollered at again i can stick my chest out and wobble my tits at them.
whispertwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:49 AM   #66
maggot

Hey Orione, guess what?

TL;DR.

Your god can shove it if he told you to be judgmental to people OUTSIDE OF YOUR RELIGION. That's bigotry.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:34 AM   #67
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionedarnell
Jesus was not hated for being different, He was hated by some for claiming He was the Son of God. BIG DIFFERENCE. Being a Christian myself, I don't stare or make fun of anyone. Those who do, are not living in the righteousness of God. The only judgement I make is a righteous judgement, which is in the Bible.
I'm no bible scholar, but I don't recall Jesus ever actually claiming to be the son of God. He just kinda let other people put that title on him without contradicting them. Oh, and in your self righteous little diatribe you forgot gluttony. I like that one. A lot. Now, where did I leave my turkey leg and flagon of port?
Old 04-06-2007, 04:01 PM   #68
Epsilon

I just generally giggle and point at arseholes. They giggle back and all is well with the world, I shake my head and forget they exist. They go back to their campfires and recount the story to the rest of their tribe. Least that's how things go in my mind.

I'll probably regret saying this, but...

"The only judgement I make is a righteous judgement."

Every religious person on the planet says that, regardless of which religion they live by... Tell me, how many have died because their righteous judgements are the will of God, against everyone else who sees things slightly different... Doesn't it just smack of 'my group's better than yours and this is the only way to live! All else is lies.' I've never had a problem with God (Never met him/her to my knowledge), just the people that serve him/her.

"I ask you to please think about your eternity and this message and come to Jesus

and repent (turn away) from your sins."

Please, is this a joke!? Are some people really that pretentious... I'm with Maggot... Fuck eternity; I have the attention span of a squirrel, I'll get so bored in the Void, let me have my fun.
Epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #69
Minyaliel

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionedarnell
Have you ever stolen anything no matter how big or small. What does that make

you? A thief right? yes. Have you ever told a lie? What does that make you? A liar

yes? yes. Have you ever had lustful thoughts toward anyone? Well Jesus said that if

you have lusted then you are an adulterer at heart and adultery is against the ten

commandments. It is number 7. Have you ever hated someone? Jesus said that if

you have ever hated anyone then you are a murderer at heart. Thou shalt not kill

(murder) is number 6.
So if God were to judge you by the ten commandments would you go to heaven or

hell. We would all go to hell if that were the case. No man has followed the ten

commandments. But you know what God did to save us from going to hell. He sent

His Son to die on the cross for us and suffer for all of our sins. Then He rose from

the dead to defeat death forever that we may live forever in Heaven and not suffer

eternal damnation.
If you deny this belief let me tell you that the Gospels were written within one

generation of the life of Christ and they were written by eyewitnesses or by people

who interviewed witnesses. This has been proven by historians.
I just want you to realize that I care for you and I want to see you in Heaven and

God Loved this world so much that He gave His only begotten Son that whosover

believes in Him shall not parish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
I ask you to please think about your eternity and this message and come to Jesus

and repent (turn away) from your sins.
Ironic that this post should appear in a thread like this one... as for myself, I have only one comment - hail Satan!
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:40 PM   #70
MollyMac

Oh, Christ....

You copied and pasted this poorly.

You say you do not make fun of, but you sure as fuck judge. What makes you think that the people here want to hear this or else have not already decided for themselves. Take your message and conditional charity to the third world.

People have been using the "I sinned in my heart so I may as well sin in action" line for years. Amazing what it has been used to justify. Which is better- the ability to choose against a sin or to go along with it because it crossed your mind? Having options and choosing the one for the better good defines us; knowing WHY we choose it the next step up. If you do not know why you follow, if you do not question and seek answers then there is no reason to pursue. No reason to know. Blind faith kills.

You know what god wants unquestioning devotion?

An insecure one.

I guess Yahweh was the runt of the litter, eh?

Eyewitnesses to Christ? What, like Pilates' new book "If I did It- If I ordered Christ to be killed, how I would have done it"? I'll buy Paul's letters, but those were politics, not religion.

And "historians"? Which ones? History is nothing but a slant with some archaeology chosen to back up the slant and it was written.. BY THE LITERATE (ie, the wealthy and the victorious). History is theory, history is not fact. It is a timeline of accepted events and little more.

What you see depends on where you stand.

And no, the earliest canon gospel was John written approximately 90-94 CE. Sixty years after the death of JC. Far more than one generation. What about "Q"? NIcene? A basic education?
Old 04-07-2007, 09:13 AM   #71
raggedyanne

MollyMac is totally right. The bible was written way after jesus' death, so even if some parts are true, it's all been twisted by word of mouth. Heppens to everyone. Also, Jesus didn't say all that stuff about heaven or "great paradise in the sky", that was Paul or someone. All jesus wanted was for people to respect and love each other. If we listened to what jesus said, the world would be a peaceful utopia. But then people get all twisted up in the other stuff about going to heaven and propriety and it all goes to shit.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:57 AM   #72
MollyMac

You might like "The Jefferson Bible". Thomas Jefferson removed the mysticism from the New testament and boiled Jesus's life down to a philosophy. Good stuff, that.

Edit:

Not saying that there is anything wrong with the "accept this on faith" aspect of Christianity or Christian Mysticism, mind you. It's not my belief, but I am not saying it is wrong. Just saying that the Jefferson Bible is a good book for the New Testament oeuvre
Old 04-08-2007, 09:16 PM   #73
raggedyanne

I'll check it out, Jefferson's a genious. I swear I'm THIS close to becoming and athiest, but my mom would hunt me down and kill me in my sleep.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:21 PM   #74
maggot

Well then aren't you already an atheist?
Old 04-08-2007, 09:26 PM   #75
Vyvian Blackthorne

Pagans Rock