Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 08:39 AM   #1751
gingerbreadwench

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbreadwench
We'll have honey and simple syrup and (gag) Splenda available for idiots who demand it though.
i'm one of those idiots. a good glass of lipton iced tea or a bottle of arizona helps chase the thirst-demons away.

maybe you could have two sections - one for the unsweetened elite and one for the idiotic flavor-cravers. what do you think?
I'm not saying the people who drink their tea sweetened are idiots-- I'm saying that the people who refuse to try it unsweetened are idiots.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:08 AM   #1752
Rhapsody

Things have been way chaotic lately, but in such an amazing way. I was told that I'll be loosing my job at the end of August, so I went into state of contained panic for a little while, trying to make sure that everything was going to be ok. The boyfriend has told me that I've got nothing to worry about; he'll take care of me, blah, blah, etcetera... I can't operate that way. I have to work. I have to support myself. The funny thing is, this couldn't have happened at a better time. With my severance and my ability to fall back on bartending if needed, I'm going to college. In the mean time, I'm buying a bigger house, and renting out my current one. I figured it was now or never. The finance people want stellar credit and a job history before they hand out the really good rates.
So I found the house. Now I’m just praying that it’s structurally sound. I’ve hired a Structural Engineer to take a look at the place tomorrow, before I go ahead and close the deal. It was built in 1896, and has a lot of its original woodwork and stained glass. The walls are uneven, the plaster is cracked, the ceiling is falling in a couple of places, the sub-flooring is weak… That’s all ok. I can fix all of that. I can’t do anything about a bad foundation. Here’s praying that the Engineer has good news for me. I’ve always dreamed of saving a Victorian from demolition. So many have been lost in the last ten years to make room for apartment complexes and parking lots.

Please, please, please let this one be salvageable.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:22 AM   #1753
edible_eye

Quote:
I'm not saying the people who drink their tea sweetened are idiots-- I'm saying that the people who refuse to try it unsweetened are idiots.
i'm just busting your chops, gbw.

and pardon me while i drool but rhapsody's back in town.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:27 PM   #1754
drgnlvr

LOL! Wipe your chin, E_E! :lol:
Old 03-16-2005, 01:41 PM   #1755
Solumina

Rhapsody that house is absolutely adorable, I hope everything works out for you
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-16-2005, 11:39 PM   #1756
TeapotScar

Quote:
That's so cool, EPS. I remember reacting the same way about "strawbaby" plants when I was little. I have fantasies of having a garden now. Well... I have fantasies of having a window box with more than one plant in it. I dream low.

One fantasy that is my current fixation is the tea bar.

I want to open a tea bar in Honolulu. I chose Honolulu because it's hot all the time there and it wouldn't be financially idiotic to open a place that serves specialty iced teas year-round, as opposed to say, Seattle, where I'd shut down in two days. Perhaps not because of failing business, but more because I can't handle the cold there. I nearly froze to death in August a few years ago.

ANYWAY, yes. I'd like to open a tea bar in Honolulu that serves iced tea. I love making my own blends of iced tea from the huge tea drawer that we have at home. Best blends so far: Passion/lemongrass, Passion/grapefruit, Hibiscus/lemongrass. I LOVE LOVE LOVE iced tea. And I only drink it unsweetened. If I open my tea bar, I'd like to have a little sign up that says "We respectfully request that you enjoy our teas unsweetened." We'll have honey and simple syrup and (gag) Splenda available for idiots who demand it though.

Really, though, the iced teas that I make are so delicious and flavorful that you shouldn't need sweetener. I already consider myself a bit of an iced tea conoisseuse, if there is such a thing.

So, anyway... lately I've been having this vision of me and four or five tea-bar employees sitting in the bar after closing time, filling and tying tea bags while "talking story" and listening to Hanson.

Well, perhaps some things I'll have to sacrifice.
This is one of the cutest posts in all of ever. GBW you light up my world.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
Old 03-16-2005, 11:55 PM   #1757
pitseleh

I second that, TeapotScar. Is there a cuter business than running a tea-bar? I think not. Just make sure your tea is fair trade if you ever do that, gingerbreadwench. Actually, I'm a bit of a tea connoisseur myself, so if you ever need anybody to fill teabags or make iced chai, please give me a call. I'm dying to get away from the cold north.

On a random note, I have this annoying crackling sound in my right ear when i yawn and stuff like that. It's like tin foil popping or something, and I'm getting worried it's my eardrum starting to cave in after years of exposure to loud music. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 03-16-2005, 11:59 PM   #1758
TeapotScar

Hmm, no, I don't have that problem pitseleh, maybe you should ask a doctor? I hope it's nothing serious.

And yeah, I also would like to apply for a job at GBW's tea house. Please. I heart tea- my name is TeapotScar for goodness sake- I love it so much it burns, and I don't mind.

On a random note, I definitely just painted my face with black eyeliner. Weird designs, not all-over paintage.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
Old 03-17-2005, 12:10 AM   #1759
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh

On a random note, I have this annoying crackling sound in my right ear when i yawn and stuff like that. It's like tin foil popping or something, and I'm getting worried it's my eardrum starting to cave in after years of exposure to loud music. Anyone else have this problem?

Yeah I have that as well..

It is probably your jaw.

I have TMJ ( TempoMandibular Jaw Disorder ) Sp?

It caused by your jaw being out of alignment.

That would be my best guess, but imma Guinea Pig not a doctor.

Here's a link with some info:

http://www.tmj.org/
Old 03-17-2005, 12:26 AM   #1760
pitseleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Quote:

It is probably your jaw.

Thanks, EPS! Never heard of this condition before, but now that I read about it, it makes a lot of sense. I sometimes have this pain in the joints of my jaw, popping sounds and problems with my jaw locking open when I eat burgers and stuff. Interesting... I'm actually kinda relieved now.

I have a theory as to how it could have happened as well... One time in gymnastics class when I was 12, I was doing backflips on the biggest trampoline when one of the instructors thought it would be cool to give me a 'boost'. That's when you jump simultaneously on the trampoline so the other person goes way higher than normal. So, I flew up and nearly hit the roof, but when I landed I couldn't stay on my feet. I had my mouth open, and my knee came up fast and hit me in the jaw, slamming it shut. Damn, that hurt... It stayed that way for several weeks before I could open my mouth normally again. I don't know if that was what caused it, but maybe.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:33 AM   #1761
Suiside_Kitty

Quote:
So, anyway... lately I've been having this vision of me and four or five tea-bar employees sitting in the bar after closing time, filling and tying tea bags while "talking story" and listening to Hanson.

i could work there.... i Love Hanson!

*edit
and also.. i love tea. and also.. i have waitressing experence. :lol:
Inside you.
+++++++++++

http://www.myspace.com/social_phobic
Old 03-17-2005, 12:47 AM   #1762
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It is probably your jaw.

Thanks, EPS! Never heard of this condition before, but now that I read about it, it makes a lot of sense. I sometimes have this pain in the joints of my jaw, popping sounds and problems with my jaw locking open when I eat burgers and stuff. Interesting... I'm actually kinda relieved now.

I have a theory as to how it could have happened as well... One time in gymnastics class when I was 12, I was doing backflips on the biggest trampoline when one of the instructors thought it would be cool to give me a 'boost'. That's when you jump simultaneously on the trampoline so the other person goes way higher than normal. So, I flew up and nearly hit the roof, but when I landed I couldn't stay on my feet. I had my mouth open, and my knee came up fast and hit me in the jaw, slamming it shut. Damn, that hurt... It stayed that way for several weeks before I could open my mouth normally again. I don't know if that was what caused it, but maybe.
Yeah that sounds like TMJ totally.

My jaw used to lock open when eating burgers and stuff too. Plus it gave me terrible headaches.

I had surgery for mine. ( BLECK ) But that was in the nineties, and they have much less invasive ways of treating it now. Like mouthpieces you can wear while you sleep. Surgery didnt totally correct mine either, it came back on my right side. That creaking sound is super friggin annoying though isn't it?

But yeah its totally treatable, and you should probably go to an Orthodontist when you can to have it looked at.

But dont worry nothing is going to fall off..

Umm unless you want it too..

Ha..

:roll:
Old 03-17-2005, 01:34 AM   #1763
gingerbreadwench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiside_Kitty
Quote:

i could work there.... i Love Hanson!

W-w-will... you... marry me?
Old 03-17-2005, 01:54 AM   #1764
Suiside_Kitty

Yes! :wink:
Inside you.
+++++++++++

http://www.myspace.com/social_phobic
Old 03-17-2005, 01:24 PM   #1765
drgnlvr

Quote:
I second that, TeapotScar. Is there a cuter business than running a tea-bar? I think not. Just make sure your tea is fair trade if you ever do that, gingerbreadwench. Actually, I'm a bit of a tea connoisseur myself, so if you ever need anybody to fill teabags or make iced chai, please give me a call. I'm dying to get away from the cold north.

I'll get that every now and then when my allergies act up. In my case, it's just excess fluid build up behind the ear drum. Try an antihistamine and see if that clears it up.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:27 PM   #1766
drgnlvr

Quote:
Quote:

It is probably your jaw.

Oh! Now I didn't think about that possibility! I just went by what I experienced.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:34 PM   #1767
AlKilyu

*sigh*

It's called COCK-JAW. :roll:

And you all know how you got it.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:56 PM   #1768
winged_dreams

Al, funny as always. I have no accounting class today because my teacher's on a business trip. A story I'm writing is starting to approach novel length and I'm entertaining ideas of trying to get it published.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
Old 03-17-2005, 02:04 PM   #1769
Jane13

I'd love to read your novel, Winged! What's it about?
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 03-17-2005, 02:44 PM   #1770
winged_dreams

Would you shoot me if I said it was about vampires? I'm trying not to make it too stereotypical. What I have written of my story can be found on the link in my signature. The story is called A Walk in the Moonlight.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
Old 03-18-2005, 05:13 AM   #1771
edible_eye

for maelstrom, teapot, granny and whomever else enjoys a good toke now and then...

http://www.hybridworks.jp/icorn/top.shtml

http://www.freeworldgroup.com/freegames/bike/index.html

http://www.toolzbydaman.com/flash/le...20dead%20girl/
Old 03-18-2005, 10:12 AM   #1772
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged_dreams
Would you shoot me if I said it was about vampires? I'm trying not to make it too stereotypical. What I have written of my story can be found on the link in my signature. The story is called A Walk in the Moonlight.

I would never shoot you ^.^ Uh... the link didn't work :oops:
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 03-18-2005, 10:21 AM   #1773
Jane13

Earlier today I was cleaning the living room, while my dad was walking on the treadmill, singing along to the Ibrahem Fahrara(sp?)(Latin music some guy from Cuba or something). he wanted for his birthday. My mom gets mad at my dad because he doesn't wear shoes on the treadmill >.<
-Cinema Strange
Old 03-18-2005, 05:19 PM   #1774
Solumina

Thanks for the oh so entertaining links e_e I love the icorn one it is so random and stupidly awesome

On a different note I leave for Greece tomorrow. Saddly I will not have access to the internet so I wont be on at all until I get back on the 28th, which also happens to be my 18th birthday!!!!
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-18-2005, 05:33 PM   #1775
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
I love the lenore one! Super!

Closed Thread