Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-26-2007, 09:03 AM   #151
KontanKarite

Wow, Mollymac is on a role.

Guys, I know my reactions to this thread was less than stellar and I'm sorry you had to see those cliche' reactions that many have, but I never really learned how to deal with the doom sayers. Where I come from, I was heavily outnumbered. So I kind of deal with it by trying to hold back my aggression, but it's hard sometimes.

And HP, I know this guy plays on the same team, but I appreciate how you handle things. You are, as always, the man, HP. Thank you for rocking.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:31 PM   #152
MollyMac

Never apologize for your reactions as long as they are honest ones. This whole thing can be a touchy subject, especially from left Jerusalem.

HP is what I tend to think of when I think of Christians- kind, caring, versed in their faith, willing to talk and engage in religious discussions (usually over some good wine and a lovely afternoon), but never pushing and selling it, never soliciting. Even though it is a religion that is heavy on conversion- there are ways to spread the word that do not make the rest of the worlds' collective ass twitch.

IE:

You may have a foot in the door, but that is only because the door was shutting and your foot is padded. Only come in where you are welcome.

Respect the faith of others and all, even if they do not respect yours.

Never assume that just because someone does not agree that they think you are wrong ot that they do not like you. (one of my fave lines is "I may not agree with you, but I did not say you were wrong")

Discuss, do not preach.

Raise a glass, not your voice.

Take comfort the these insecure prostelethyzers are the exceotion, not the rule.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:36 PM   #153
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Amen Molly. And thanks Kontan.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:29 PM   #154
orionedarnell

[quote=MollyMac][quote=orionedarnell]I am not gone but I don't see what the point is since we won't agree.
Quote:

That was a full on Freudian negligee and red fuck-me pumps....

The point is that we do not have to agree and some of us are okie dokie with thinking for our selves an not having you do it for us. What a fabulous pedestal you see yourself on.

Sorry we didn't change our minds and you didn't make quota. Maybe you'll get the toaster next month.

You don't get it. It is not about you trying to change our minds, you can't chang anyone's mind but your own. And if YOU do change someone's mind, and they did not come to it of their own accord, then you have only converted the mentally weak or emotionally needy.

Then again, a warm body is a warm body and their 10% adds up like everyone else's.

Do not tell your god to bless me. DO not tell your god what to do or assume that i either want or need it. Go Chick somewhere else.

That was ignorant of you to say to me. I am not trying to fill a quota I am just giving you somthing to think about. It is up to you whether you believe in God and the resurrection of Jesus or not. ANd whether you belive or not does not change the fact that God and Jesus do exist. It is the foolish heart that believeth not in God. If God blesses you then that is good for you but I will not stop saying that to anyone.
orionedarnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:40 PM   #155
maggot

It wasn't ignorant.
Ignorant doesn't mean insulting. It means uninformed or stupid.
On the other hand, it was blasphemous to some degree. No one here cares if it was blasphemous, though.

It was ignorant that you chose a goth site for your attempts at conversion,which I am assuming are based on the preconceived notion that we all worship the devil.

[By the way, you're preaching again. Not very heavenly.]
Old 04-07-2007, 11:47 PM   #156
Drake Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionedarnell
I am not trying to fill a quota I am just giving you somthing to think about.
She intended it sardonically. What she's pointing out is that you have repeatedly posted the same venemous trash ad verbatim. Why is that?

Take your spiritual conquest elsewhere, zealot. You will find no foothold for it here.

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:40 AM   #157
MollyMac

[quote=orionedarnell][quote=MollyMac]
Quote:
I am not gone but I don't see what the point is since we won't agree.

That was ignorant of you to say to me. I am not trying to fill a quota I am just giving you somthing to think about. It is up to you whether you believe in God and the resurrection of Jesus or not. ANd whether you belive or not does not change the fact that God and Jesus do exist. It is the foolish heart that believeth not in God. If God blesses you then that is good for you but I will not stop saying that to anyone.

No, it was rather well informed, actually. Been on both sides of the Christian fence, and made my decision. What makes you think that anyone here needs to be saved or needs your spam-text "information" to think upon?

It is ignorant for you to assume that there are no Christians here or that, after repeated requests for you to stop- that you would continue. Willfully ignorant.

Why should we hear you when you do not hear us?

And do not use the words "fact" and "faith" interchangeably. Fact is proven, Faith is accepted by some. Know the world in which you walk, learn the lingo and use it correctly. it will get your egg-selling further.

And yes, you are trying to fill a quota. Although I meant it as a joke (Jesus would have thought it was funny), your path to salvation lies in a conversionist tenet of your choice of religion. Your quota is underifned save in the effort that you believe will pave your steps to a better afterlife instead of focusing on this life.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:42 AM   #158
Firestorm

Quote:
ANd whether you belive or not does not change the fact that God and Jesus do exist.
Prove it.

Awaiting response.
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:14 PM   #159
the-broken-harlequin

SSSAATTANN!! LOL sorry, i just had to because i am the ghost of goth stereotype.
the-broken-harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:53 PM   #160
DarkGentleman

Sounds like a witchhunt to me. Perhaps they are so eager to bring the stake burning back. LOL
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 03:09 PM   #161
MollyMac

Mmmmmmm. Steak. I got me some A-1 'round here, I think.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:18 PM   #162
CLV

Quote:
ANd whether you belive or not does not change the fact that God and Jesus do exist.
read that back orion...and then think about it for a bit.

It truly is a pile of pants.
CLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 03:21 PM   #163
MollyMac

Orion doesn't read. he recites, spouts, cuts and pastes. If he read at all, he would be able to have a valid argument.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:25 PM   #164
orionedarnell

I never said that there were no christians here and my arguments are precise and exact and very thought out and very read. I don't cut and paste. Everything I have said to you has been from me. My job here on this earth isn't to convert it is to tell the people of the life death and resurrection of Jesus The Christ. It is only by Him that we will live forever in paradise with God. If all you unbelivers would actually study this you would know that what I say is truth. You don't see it because you don't want to believe there is somone who rules your life and will judge you for your sins at the end.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:43 PM   #165
HumanePain

Quote:
I never said that there were no christians here and my arguments are precise and exact and very thought out and very read. I don't cut and paste. Everything I have said to you has been from me. My job here on this earth isn't to convert it is to tell the people of the life death and resurrection of Jesus The Christ. It is only by Him that we will live forever in paradise with God. If all you unbelivers would actually study this you would know that what I say is truth. You don't see it because you don't want to believe there is somone who rules your life and will judge you for your sins at the end.
Orion, did you read my earlier post with the hint/advice on approaching Gnetters? (Post #134 below) I get the feeling you did not.

More advice from a Gnet member and Born-Again Christian, once-Catholic :
again, these are very intelligent people. To begin with, if you want them to listen to you and take you seriously, begin with correct spelling. It is hard enough to accept someone else's faith, but to see it preached with poor spelling loses your audience right from the start. Please use a spell checker, and you may hold the reader's attention a little longer.

Next: prove your faith has value. When someone is posting that their relative or friend died, are you there to offer comfort? No. You are here posting verbatim. That says to others that you are not practicing what you preach.

Jesus said to love one another, and to love God were the two most important of commandments. By posting verbatim quotes without application makes it useless and shallow to people. The Holy Bible says good works please The Father. (Yes, I know, by good works alone we do not enter the kingdom of Heaven, that is not the point, I am talking about reaching out to other's about Jesus, and showing how he remakes us).

Try letting Jesus live out his life in you. THAT is the best way to connect with other's about Christ.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:46 PM   #166
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
I don't cut and paste.
So you are saying that you hijacked at least four threads with exactly the same words, but you didn't copied and pasted, you wrote it again and again?
Quote:
My job here on this earth isn't to convert it is to tell the people of the life death and resurrection of Jesus The Christ.
Tell me the difference.
Quote:
It is only by Him that we will live forever in paradise with God.
I think if there were a god, its own existence would be a big enough reason for praise; not for just a reward.
Quote:
If all you unbelivers would actually study this you would know that what I say is truth.
I bet you I can recite more of the Bible than you.
Quote:
You don't see it because you don't want to believe there is somone who rules your life and will judge you for your sins at the end.
Do you know me? Do you stalk me? Or are you pulling this argument right out of your ass? Trust me, there are not many things I'd rather have than eternal life, and if that meant worshiping a deity, then so be it. But I can't believe something just because I want it to be true.
As for not wanting to be judged by my sins; I would gladly stand in front of that god of yours and recite every single thing I have done since my conception.
Believe it or not, I have lived a more Christian life than most of you Christians.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:50 PM   #167
mrs.wes straker

Oh, dear, not another arguing-about-Christianity thread. Puh-lease. I was so glad when that Evolution one disappeared.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:58 PM   #168
maggot

It is not fact. It's only accepted as fact by you, as you have faith that the subject matter in that book is truth.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:59 PM   #169
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.wes straker
Oh, dear, not another arguing-about-Christianity thread. Puh-lease. I was so glad when that Evolution one disappeared.
Another pigeon parade.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:11 AM   #170
Firestorm

Quote:
You do not argument. All you do is post propaganda argumentum verbosium.

1. Whenever someone tries to argument with you, one or more of these things happen:
- You ignore them
- you sidestep the question by throwing red herrings at it
- you forget to use quote tags
- you post more gospel propaganda

Which brings me to my second and final point.

2. Fuck you.

~ Gospel of Firestorm: 18.10
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:02 PM   #171
orionedarnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm
Prove it.

Awaiting response.
It isn't logical and it doesn't make sense that this universe just appeared out of nowhere. Even if the "big bang theory" were correct, how did the big ball of gas appear. How is it possible that the perfection of what has been created on this earth just appeared or eveolved from a single cell organism. It is not. As for Jesus, His followers that actually knew Him died and became martyrs for christianity. Why would they do that if Jesus did not raise from the dead. It doesn't make sense. Even if you don't believe that Jesus is the Messiah, he did exist.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:26 PM   #172
DarkHeartedDemoness

Orione, you need to stop now.

You're not doing your religion any favors by shoving it down our throats in the most abrasive way possible. If there was anyone among us questioning, you would likely have tipped them away from Christianity with your rude and poorly-written posts.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:41 PM   #173
maggot

Actually, I was slightly questioning, and he pushed me away.

Also, it isn't logical and doesn't make sense that there was something at the time of nothing that decided there would be something.

IT IS NOT LOGICAL.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:05 PM   #174
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
It isn't logical and it doesn't make sense that this universe just appeared out of nowhere.
Read Maggz's above post.
Quote:
Even if the "big bang theory" were correct, how did the big ball of gas appear.
In the same fashion God did.
Quote:
How is it possible that the perfection of what has been created on this earth just appeared or eveolved from a single cell organism.
There's nothing perfect about this world and universe. We only think it is perfect because this is all we know. It's a clear example of how egocentric we humans are.
Quote:
Why would they do that if Jesus did not raise from the dead. It doesn't make sense.
Read just about any other cult you can think of. Most attribute supernatural powers to their leader and will die for their convictions. It definitely doesn't make sense.
Quote:
Even if you don't believe that Jesus is the Messiah, he did exist.
Yes, he existed, but he was not the messiah.
Let me reverse this statement back to you:
Even if you believe that Jesus is the Messiah, he still isn't.
What makes your statement more valid than mine?
Nothing. This is why this statement should always be avoided.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:15 PM   #175
maggot

Woo! Tagteam Flaming!