Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:03 PM   #1
Senor_Sadomachism

Emo Patrol

I wasn't sure where to post this so I'll just put it here since I found it on youtube.

Emo Patrol
Senor_Sadomachism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:16 PM   #2
KontanKarite

Yuck...

Dark humor. Funny, but the message of hate is clear.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:18 PM   #3
Vyvian Blackthorne

I agree with Kontan. The same people that made that are simply arrogant douchebags that want to encourage such a stereotype, even including goth with that, they even tagged words like "gay" "fags" and "emo crap" on that video. It's outragerous.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:34 PM   #4
Senor_Sadomachism

I know... F'd UP!!! I felt for that guy, not all Emo kids claim to be suicidal, I know a lot of kids like that at school and they don't claim to be like that. My friends are just bi-polar and they can't control their emotions so it's not their fault, and I can understand that even though I managed to forgive them for talking shit. Still like I said not all are suicidal just emotional. Okies? Can we pweez stop the hate?
Old 03-12-2007, 11:40 PM   #5
KontanKarite

Honestly, I think this is kind of a reaction that's been waiting to happen. I suppose some goths are so willing to make people understand the difference between emo and goth that they would pull something like this to prove the point.

This is indeed sad, because if this kind of trend continues, the gothic sub culture could take a risk of losing flamboyance and stigmatize repressive gender roles.

Back to the basics, people. A goth is someone who listens to gothic music and has a liking for a dark aesthetic and decadence.

Last time I checked, we were never desperate to help people understand the gothic subculture, now it seems there are goths out there that would do anything to have people not call them emo. Remember, people, the misunderstandings comes with the territory. We know what we are, do we really need others to know as well? When was the last time you needed someone else to justify your existence?
Old 03-13-2007, 02:10 PM   #6
Underwater Ophelia

I thought it was hilarious.

People...it was just a joke. I think you all need to relax.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:56 PM   #7
KontanKarite

It's funny now, but the whole emo hating is old. VERY old.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:06 PM   #8
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I thought it was funny too. The guy who plays the hearse driver has some other photos and videos on the internet, where he is driving his first hearse to the junkyard for the last time (actually, he is steering it while it is being towed with a rope), where he is doing some hearse "Drifting", and other funny stuff. One Halloween he parks one of his hearses in front of his house with a smoke machine like it's on fire.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:20 PM   #9
Senor_Sadomachism

Honestly you don't think those teeth were real... were they? If so then that must've hurt like a bitch!!!
Old 03-14-2007, 01:37 AM   #10
emeraldlonewoulf

I saw this some months ago, and its frigging hilarious. It was a staged stunt people, nobody was actually curbed. (Hellllooo!!!)

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:09 AM   #11
Dark Templar

I thought it was funny. But personally i see nothing wrong about Emo's, some of them are rely nice people!

-Stephen King
Dark Templar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:34 PM   #12
OMSuperGothzorsFG

Location: 12-533 Alacaster PL. Waianae, Hawaii, USA. Go ahead, send me hate mail =D!
Lol. That was hilarious, and so much so that I'd bare the children of whomever made that video.

mmm...emo people are alright....they just so happen to attract a whoooollleeeee bunch of poseurs and generally a bunch of people who think they're just being cool.

A lot of 'em deserve to be teased for being over dramatic at times and being much too quick to be showy. It seems they feel too ready to label themselves and flash their new found "cool and dark" look. In short, majority of them just seem fake.

Goth seems to be similar in the sense that both subcultures give their participants somewhat defined labels and both share a certain intrigue with dark things, yet I respect Gothic subculture for passing my bullshit test. That is, majority of Goths and Gothic subculture in general seem not to display fake tendencies.

Now, I'm not trying to "spread hate" or anything. It's just that....well.....when you buy into a fad that can be righteously equated to the hair band fad of the 80's.......can you NOT expect criticism?
OMSuperGothzorsFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:04 PM   #13
the-broken-harlequin

Love that guy's haircut!
the-broken-harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:28 PM   #14
Lapin

There is nothing wrong with flamboyance and melodramatics.

There is just something about the stereotypical attitudes most emo kids put on that grates on my one last nerve though. I would never dream about hurting someone just because they were different, but still, there was something very satisfying about seeing an emo kid get their ass kicked. Which scared me a little. I do not want to be like the people I criticize for prejudice.

Maybe it's just because I tend to hate the music . . . I mean, come on . . . they broke up with you/your parents and you fought/kids at school dislike you . . . as my cousins in Texas say, either suck it up and get over it, or do something about it. Just don't whine.

Plus . . . the make-up. I just want to fix it. And I want to get them a pair of jeans that fit.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:57 PM   #15
DarkGentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin
There is nothing wrong with flamboyance and melodramatics.

There is just something about the stereotypical attitudes most emo kids put on that grates on my one last nerve though. I would never dream about hurting someone just because they were different, but still, there was something very satisfying about seeing an emo kid get their ass kicked. Which scared me a little. I do not want to be like the people I criticize for prejudice.

Maybe it's just because I tend to hate the music . . . I mean, come on . . . they broke up with you/your parents and you fought/kids at school dislike you . . . as my cousins in Texas say, either suck it up and get over it, or do something about it. Just don't whine.

Plus . . . the make-up. I just want to fix it. And I want to get them a pair of jeans that fit.
I guess that depends on the emos, some are nice and some are not. I do know some nice emos and they've shown me some respect (I knew some since they were little ones). I have seen some other emos get there asses kicked all over high heaven after they caused a disturbance or offended someone/people.

I don't like prejudice either but when one shows me disrespect, it hits a nerve and I can choose to walk away like it never happened or politely confront whoever.

I agree about the music, some lyrics I find are sending the wrong impressions on things in life. No wonder some emos go "You will love me or I will cut myself to death!" and I'd say "Do whatever turns your raspberries red kiddo". Otherwise I would say "get some serious help".

Why change their pants? I get a kick out seeing them squirm and cussing in those tight jeans, LOL.
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:43 PM   #16
killer_asian_Dax

Funny stuff there. I especially liked the part about shedding hair and luring the kid out by baiting him with poetry and feelings. LMAO. Definitely brightened my mood there a bit.

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:02 AM   #17
the-broken-harlequin

I really mean it I am in love with his hair.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:31 AM   #18
Minyaliel

I didn't think that was funny at all...
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:36 AM   #19
Lykaios

If this widespread hatred continues much longer--as odd as this will sound--I foresee a kind of "Emo genocide".

That wasn't funny.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:26 AM   #20
Jarl

I don't see what the big deal is, it's fucking funny. Sure it might be.. er tasteless, but the emos had it coming...
Jarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:29 AM   #21
Jarl

Oh and, it's not like they were attacking the entire emo fad, they only mentioned and beat the shit out of, a stereotype emo. They didn't say "the entire emo population are like this"
Jarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:43 AM   #22
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I would venture to say that there are even more parodies and satirical jests made of goths than emos. If goths accept that satire is part of the artistic medium, and they can accept satire of themselves, then why not of other social groups?

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:27 AM   #23
killer_asian_Dax

To say that "the emos had it coming" could just as easily be applied to the goths if somebody made/has made a video like that about goths. I don't know you at all, but I'm guessing you'd be a tad cheesed if you saw a video like the emo one about goths.

Nobody "has it coming" except stupid kids who try so hard to be something they are so not and pull others along for the larf.

Things like that should only be taken with a grain of salt. It was obviously made with humor in mind, albeit questionable humor, so it really can't be taken all too seriously no matter how good, bad or otherwise.

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:12 PM   #24
Minyaliel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarl
I don't see what the big deal is, it's fucking funny. Sure it might be.. er tasteless, but the emos had it coming...
Yeah, well, I would probably have laughed if it hadn't been for the fact that I've been beaten up several times because of the way I dress, think and my general cultural preferences. I just can't see what's so funny about having your teeth smashed against the pavement. Perhaps I just haven't played enough violent video games to understand this kind of humour.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:49 PM   #25
the-broken-harlequin

But i really mean it. His hair. Look at it. beautiful.