Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-14-2007, 12:45 AM   #1
eternalcrimson

What's your biggest regret?

I realize in life we all have regrets. What’s yours?

I think the biggest one for me happened back at college 7 years ago. I was taking a voice class on the third floor. Every morning I would show up early to rehearse and practice. Across the other side of the building was this gorgeous Goth guy. He was waiting to take an art class. He would always bring his stencil book and pencils. Did I mention he was gorgeous? He had long straight black hair, blue eyes, a nice chiseled roman nose, and the most kissable lips you have ever seen on a human being. He always wore the most interesting clothes too. Before class while I was reading over the sheet music he would draw. One day I noticed exactly what he was drawing or should I say who…me. He would look at me for a couple minutes, draw, and repeat. He would do this every week. Then one week our eyes locked. I was stuck in his gaze and he was stuck in mine. Sadly though that was as far as it got. I was far too shy at the time to approach him and was too afraid of what he would think.

Since then I’ve always wondered a bunch of things. What did those drawings of me look like? What did he really think about me? What if I would have approached him? These are some of the regrets that I lived with since then. I’ve always fantasized that we would meet again and we would talk, he would bring me back to his place and he would show me what the drawings looked like then he would give me one of the pictures to remember him by. After that we would make out passionately until dawn.

It still makes me sad thinking about it.
eternalcrimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:14 PM   #2
Minyaliel

My biggest regret is not being able to tell my grandfather just how much I loved him before he died. Because of this, I still cannot bear to visit his grave.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:54 AM   #3
ghettogoth69

My biggest regret is joining this dumb goth forum..... SIKE
ghettogoth69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:58 AM   #4
MollyMac

It's spelled "psyche", slumtwat.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:27 AM   #5
eternalcrimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
It's spelled "psyche", slumtwat.
It's Bloopie being a attention whore. Just put him on ignore. That's what I'm going to do.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:51 PM   #6
BlackWidow

Oh god his name is everywhere!
Anyway, my biggest regret....? Hm there are so many. Giving my virginity to that piece of shit I thought I was in love with...Rrrrr! Letting my now-husband break up with me the first time we dated in 8th grade.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:54 PM   #7
MollyMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalcrimson
It's Bloopie being a attention whore. Just put him on ignore. That's what I'm going to do.

*You* are telling *me* to put someone on ignore? Go fuck yourself with a pine tree of irony.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:12 PM   #8
Linen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow
Anyway, my biggest regret....? Hm there are so many. Giving my virginity to that piece of shit I thought I was in love with...Rrrrr!
That's exactly one of my regrets too, but not my biggest.

My biggest regret is that I am taking way too long to finish college, and sometimes I wonder if I will ever finish (financial issues mostly).
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:08 PM   #9
Vako

My biggest regret is being chronically alone.
Vako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:05 PM   #10
eternalcrimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
*You* are telling *me* to put someone on ignore? Go fuck yourself with a pine tree of irony.
Jesus it was just a suggestion. How about getting a sense of humor? You can go take the pine cone from that pine tree and......well I don't need to tell you where it goes because it's probably already there.

Speaking of irony, guess who is getting put on ignore now? How's that for irony? Have a nice life. CUNT!
Old 04-26-2007, 05:14 PM   #11
Vako

I also regret never having traveled as much as I'd like to. There's always time for that, though. First I want to see Ireland, then Australia and New Zealand.
Vako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:44 PM   #12
KontanKarite

I try not to think about my regrets.

I do regret not staying honest with myself growing up. I regret not having much of a sense of self growing up, that the acceptance of my parents meant more to me than what I felt inside.

Now I'm dealing with it. Now I'm trying to fix what damage has been done and it's fucking hard.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:46 PM   #13
eternalcrimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vako
I also regret never having traveled as much as I'd like to. There's always time for that, though. First I want to see Ireland, then Australia and New Zealand.
You're a young man and you still have a lot of time to travel. I bet you'll visit all of those places and then some.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:36 PM   #14
alshio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vako
You hace plenty of time. My parents didn't really start travelling untill they were over 45.

My biggest regret is probably my hesitancy (that's the best way I can describe it really). I am hesitant to try and connect with people and to speak my mind (even here where the worst that could happen is probably a flame war).
In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed – they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo, Brunelleschi, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.
- Orson Wells
alshio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:28 PM   #15
Crying_Crimson_Tears

My biggest regret would be cheating on my now boyfriend in the past and us breaking up last year for that really long period of time. I mean things are great now I have changed and gotten myself professional (because I certainly needed it) but I still regret it and I still ache over it sometimes.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:19 PM   #16
LiUsAiDh

My biggest regret is being so damn shy, it really sucks, I hardly ever say what I really think of people ( good or bad ), and now I feel dishonest because of it....

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:13 PM   #17
MollyMac

Don't think of it as being dishonest, think of it as being tactful... XD

or that you are waiting them out... seeing if they prove your initial thoughts of them wrong.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:37 AM   #18
Underwater Ophelia

My biggest regret is not going home with him that night.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:09 PM   #19
invaders_say_ni

Breaking up with my then-girlfriend for no reason...while in a foreign country...over AIM.
invaders_say_ni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:57 AM   #20
vampyremage

My biggest regret is not having the confidence to be true to myself and what I wanted in my earlier years. Giving into the pressure that my father put on me to make certain decisions in my life that I wouldn't have made otherwise. Thankfully, I have grown some since my teenage years and have built more confidence than I ever thought I would have, but its an ongoing battle and even though things are beginning to change for me its hard not to regret, at least a little, the fact that I didn't allow things to change sooner.
vampyremage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:01 AM   #21
Kraven de Sade

My biggest regret? Picking up smoking. I hate it, but it's so hard to quit.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:21 PM   #22
Raptor

Losing a wonderful girl and knowing it was because of me taking her for granted and not spending as much time with her as I should have.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:32 PM   #23
Spyro

My biggest regret is having an argument with my father the night before and wishing he was dead!Only to wake up and walk into his room finding him lying in a pool of blood!(murdered)
Spyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:34 PM   #24
Spyro

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor
Losing a wonderful girl and knowing it was because of me taking her for granted and not spending as much time with her as I should have.
Same here, now that you have reminded me about her!
Spyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:04 AM   #25
Lapin

My biggest regret is telling so many lies to people I really cared about.

My second is not telling J that I felt the same way before he went away to school in Georgia.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote