Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 05-12-2007, 03:53 PM   #1
Breathless Horror

Question Rainbow Warrior?

Does anyone know the story of the Rainbow Warrior, the Greenpeace flagship? All I know is that something untoward happened to it, and my curiosity has been piqued. Please educate me if you can.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:07 PM   #2
Delicate_Torture

It is so tragic that you sit at your computer, literally with the entire world wide web at your fingertips and yet you are too lazy.. (or is it that you truly don't know how?) to research something as simple as the destruction of the Rainbow Warrior.

Google it, Sherlock.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:11 PM   #3
Dread Affliction

The rainbow warrior was this guy that went around with a purple broadsword that looked suspiciously like a cock and a rainbow cape. being an extreme activist in the gay rights movement.
Dread Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:09 AM   #4
Delicate_Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Affliction
The rainbow warrior was this guy that went around with a purple broadsword that looked suspiciously like a cock and a rainbow cape. being an extreme activist in the gay rights movement.
ROFLMFAO

Brilliant.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:40 AM   #5
Breathless Horror

Well, don't I feel smart. I googled it, and all I could find was that the French special forces blew it up. I was kind of hoping someone could give me a bit more than that. Perhaps why they blew the living shit out of it? None of the sites would tell me that. Lol, extreme gay rights activist, nice touch.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:43 AM   #6
killer_asian_Dax

For a second, I thought 'Rainbow Warrior" was some sort of fruity story novel thing.

How wrong I was. I should look it up though as I'm not too savvy on the particulars myself. Off I go!.................. Google!

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:48 PM   #7
Ishkabibble

Wikipedia works better, there's too much crap on Google.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:38 PM   #8
Vyvian Blackthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishkabibble
Wikipedia works better, there's too much crap on Google.
Guess it's true, but Wiki ANYONE can edit and/or delete articles.

Goth Forever
Old 07-20-2007, 09:20 PM   #9
Corpsey

*Ba-hump*

Just to be the Protagonist here I'll tell you. I was searching for old threads and found this, even though it should be in the politics section.

The Rainbow Warrior is now a wreak where divers can go and dive on it, somewhere north of New Zealand. It was bombed in a terrorist attack done by the French special forces who came from New Caledonia in a Yacht. They placed a mine and blew it up at night-time in New Zealand waters. They thought nobody would find out who it was... But the Kiwi bobby's proved to be smarter than they looked and picked up those who did it In New Zealand. A murder was involved after all.

A sad piece in naval history all over nuclear testing.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:45 PM   #10
Drake Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey
...But the Kiwi bobby's proved to be smarter than they looked and picked up those who did it In New Zealand. A murder was involved after all.
Of half a dozen French agents involved in the bombing, only two were ever punished in any fashion. They served about one year of a ten year sentence for manslaughter in New Zealand before being transfered to French custody to serve a reduced sentence. One was freed after a year and a half. The other was freed after two years because she was pregnant, having been living with her husband in her confinement (presumably not in a prison cell). Both remained in the military and were promoted after being freed.

Remember, boys and girls, you can blow things up and kill people all you want as long as you do it for a government. Remember that next time you think about what the primary function of the state is.

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:56 PM   #11
Corpsey

Yeah... that was a huge disappointment and kinda killed the relationship between the New Zealand and French military forces. I participated in a program that was trying to bridge the gap... It wasn't terribly successful because of the language barrier, but I thrived in it.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote