Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:21 PM   #1
Kodachi

Hello! I'm new!

I know the title is very cliche'd at most but, hey, I'm dead tired and I want to introduce myself before I go to bed.

Believe it or not, I actually have floated around on this site on many past occasions since I was looking up the gothic and ****** fashions (my personal favorites) and possibly other gothic culture tips. I may not pertain 100% to the goth culture but I certainly do admire it for what it is and love to learn as well as to participate somewhat. Only now have I really decided to follow that spark which has tailed me for years now. (I'm really sounding awkward now, oi.) I really do like this site as I have found it to be very down-to-earth and full of knowledgeable people (sorry if there's a typo. My brain stopped fully functioning hours ago) instead of teenie-boppers just doing goth/****** as a fashion trend and having completely no idea the whole frame, structure and history at least of it all.

I certainly do not know everything so I'll be attentive but I do know quite a bit enough enable to engage myself into this community without looking like a complete idiot. Maybe just half of one.

I would post more about myself but I'm quite tired so I cannot think of anything else - and sorry if I was long-winded for an introduction. Hopefully I will be recieved well on these boards. Thanks!
Kodachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:28 PM   #2
Kodachi

Errr, sorry to double post but exactly why is (sorry if I'm breaking any rules but I need it for clarification) lol.ita bleeped out? I understand that there's a slight riff between those two styles in certain areas, especially due to background but I don't quite understand this. Can someone enlighten me on this? And no I'm not here for the loli fashion, mostly gothic in case that is what someone was thinking.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:32 PM   #3
biohazard

Hello and welcome. Please answer the questions in the sticky thread so we can get to know you better. About the loli thing, I honestly don`t know.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:39 PM   #4
Totschläger

Welcome to the place that will keep you busy this summer.
Totschläger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:56 PM   #5
Darkest tiger

greetings from the grave. im also new
Darkest tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:05 PM   #6
Totschläger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkest tiger
greetings from the grave. im also new
Make your own intro post, man.
Totschläger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:19 PM   #7
Darkest tiger

"Make your own intro post, man."

i have been on the site for about a week but havent had a chance to get online for aaaaaaaaaaaaages.
i am also new to the great goth world, after becoming greatly deprepesed for many reasons, and wearing black all the time my friends started calling me goth so i thought well, ive always been really into goth stuff so why not go goth? now i spend my days (& nyts) in black, putting white powder on my face, writing dark poetry, drawing dark designs, and just being depressed.
Darkest tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:31 PM   #8
Draconysius

The word "lo-lita" is bleeped out because it's often associated with child p0rn0graphy, I think because of that movie by the same name. Basically, this site does NOT want to show up in a search engine and be associated with you-know-what.

Welcome to Gnet.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:40 PM   #9
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkest tiger
i have been on the site for about a week but havent had a chance to get online for aaaaaaaaaaaaages.
i am also new to the great goth world, after becoming greatly deprepesed for many reasons, and wearing black all the time my friends started calling me goth so i thought well, ive always been really into goth stuff so why not go goth? now i spend my days (& nyts) in black, putting white powder on my face, writing dark poetry, drawing dark designs, and just being depressed.
You're quite an idiot.
Nothing you mentioned is goth, except for wearing black, and even that is questionable.
Goths do not have a monopoly in black. Ergo, you're not goth just because you wear black.
You definitely are not goth if you do shit like using white powder and being depressed and (heaven save us) believe you write dark poetry!
You can stay, albeit stealing another person's thread, and you WILL learn what the gothic subculture is about, but you better not believe you are a goth, and you better not bitch about how I'm being mean to you, because you're the one that pissed me off to begin with; I don't care if it was your intention or not.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:06 AM   #10
Kodachi

Ooo thankies a lot for explaining the loli censor for me. That really does make sense.

Sorry I saw the stickie after I made even the double post (I was massive tired!)

Here that goes:

I'm from Baltimore, Maryland, USA, born and raised. I kinda like the city but there are things about Baltimore that does get me hot under the collar such as the murder rate and things like that. My list of hobbies are really extensive, running from the mundane to the really unusual (well, it may not be very unusual here). I like to knit, crochet, do origami, make things (as if you couldn't already tell. I want to learn how to make hair falls), I write poetry, stories (I adore the dark romantist type) and novels. I study a lot too as I am quite the bookworm. I love studying psychology, philosophy and metaphysics.

I love to read and I love music. My favorite authors are Chris Wooding, Amelia Atwater-Rhodes, and I like some Charles De Lint or basically anything that's good. I'll read pretty much anything so long the storyline, the story itself or the writing is so crappy I can't bear it. I love mangas as well. Some of my favorite mangas are Bizenghast (I love that book), Alita: Battle Angel, Ranma 1/2, Confidential Confessions, Megatokyo and Alien Nine. I'm not so big on animes however since one is more easier to obtain than the other. Nonetheless, I like the animes Getbackers, Tenchi Muyo (both the manga and the anime), Gatekeepers 21, and Cutie Honey (OAV, 2004 and the live action movie). I don't have many favorite movies but I do have a few; I like Mystery Men, Cutie Honey, Unleashed and Kung Fu Hustle. I mentioned that I have a love for music. To be honest I love all the fine arts. My music tendencies run pretty distant but I like rock for the most part. Following that I love classical and 1920s Jazz. A collab between hip hop and classical or rock and classical with a classy swag is completely awesome to me. My favorite instrument is the violin. My top favorite band is Payable on Death but in the same breath it's Linkin Park too but if I had to split hairs, it's P.O.D.. I know music somewhat as well. I know how to play multiple instruments such as the piano and flute but I want to learn violin. I'm a stickler about pefection in those parts.

Some of my more odd interests are mostly metaphysical and paranormal. I practice Witchcraft (I'm Pagan too. Nice to meet cha) and do divination. What I do in divination is a list on its own. I do: cartomancy (think tarot but with playing cards), tarot, palmistry, graphology, dream interpretation (I actually have a successful dream thread on a different site) and other stuff that I do but didn't name. I like to combine psychology and psychism since that creates the most helpful mix. I'm plain psychic too.

I never thought I would forsee a wedding since I'm not that big on relationships for me but if so, something pleasant but also a mixture of music. I want nice hip hop and house music but some rock and some classical wouldn't kill either.

Now at my funeral, wow. I hope that's faaaaar into the future. I want some somber music but nothing that would actually provoke people to cry. Maybe Jazz and gentle classical. How I want to die: Not a grim death. I want it to be peaceful, without regrets, grudges or anything and when I'm very old. A wooden oak casket would be nice. Something classic and Southern. Oak wood with a nice finish. I'm Black so it's in my blood to make that pick. I'm also female.

My favorite outfit is my big blue longsleeve shirt with my khaki pants or my trinity longsleeve, grey cardigan hoodie and grey flaired pants that have lace-fringed straps that criss cross on the side booted off with plaform mary jane wedges. Very cute.

The one thing I miss about being a little kid, not really much but I do have a nostalgia-like personality as a whole. I'm currently attending University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC for short) as an English major pursuing a Library Science masters. Oh yeah, I also adore the Martial Arts as well as take a style. I'm a big fan of wushu and tai chi but I take Wing Chun Kung Fu and use to take Tae Kwon Do but my list of styles are also extensive. Basically, I do practically everything except anything dangerous or stupid.

In regards to the to-be fight that's about to occur on my very first thread.

Seriously, while I'm glad there's someone sticking up for me and everything, no arguing. Period. I don't like it when people toss around insults firstly and if you must fuss, do it either on PM or do it elsewhere but not the neither one of you are doing it here.

Darkest Tiger, I may not have a Ph. D in the goth culture but I do know enough to say that what you just said had pretty much nothing to do with the gothic culture. You're simply appearing to just adhere to some random culture you think you like without truly studying it first. I see it a lot of times with religion and culture so personally, it is quite vexing. You wear white makeup and dark clothing, so what? That doesn't pin you as goth, maybe stereotypically goth but not actual goth, but simply something that you like doing. I don't call myself goth at all but I love gothic styles, ideas and clothing. However there's a bunch of things I like that I'm not apart of, not just the gothic culture, I just simply appreciate it. Depression isn't goth either, it's everybody. Everyone has a down day and as a teen, you're going to have a lot of them due to either hormones or actual events. I write poetry too but I have a mixture between poetry that describes my emotions and political. Just saying all that you did made you sound more like a pathetic teeny bopper that's trying to be someone other than themselves and feeding into stereotypes than an actual goth, an actual person. Seriously do some research and try to learn about this subculture before you make any solid decisions about whether you want to be part of it so you won't happen upon any life mistakes and you'll get an idea of who you really are. I'm not railing you, even if I sound like it, but I'd rather squash things than let it fester. I know you were trying to gain friendship and all but this really isn't the way.

Godslayer Jillian, thanks for sticking up for me and everything but it seems like there's about to be war here. I normally let people who say such stereotypical things about goths slide since it isn't much of a bother and this thread can't be hijacked if I don't let it. No point in calling someone an idiot and using foul language however.(I don't curse. At all.) That just causes more issues and then this thread won't be hijacked, it'll just erode until a mod shuts it down. Not very cool or fun on anyone's part since then it will just turn into an offend party and I'll be the one ultimately pissed. If the kid decides to mouth off more and you have a swift rebuttal, do it in the PM boxes or let me take care of it. Thanks anyway for the help tho. ^.^ <-- Happy face

Now that everything has been taken care of, I want to hear no more of this squabbling in my very first thread. Everything else can commence, yay!
Old 07-24-2007, 12:24 AM   #11
Godslayer Jillian

I like you.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:50 AM   #12
Cappinator

Woa, long post! Nevertheless: Welcome to gnet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
The word "lo-lita" is bleeped out because it's often associated with child p0rn0graphy, I think because of that movie by the same name.
Also probably maybe perhaps... the book by Nabokov?
Old 07-24-2007, 08:19 AM   #13
DeathChii

Welcome! You're from Maryland!? I have a friend there!! ^___^
I hear it's such a small town, maybe you actually know him!
Anyway, have a nice stay here- very detailed intro!
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:22 AM   #14
Underwater Ophelia

Welcome to our little...spot. You seem at least somewhat intelligent, and I like the l.olita fashion, too.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:25 AM   #15
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazard
Hello and welcome. Please answer the questions in the sticky thread so we can get to know you better. About the loli thing, I honestly don`t know.
I think that when someone makes an intro like hers, the questions aren't important. We've established that the questions were designed so we could tell everyone apart, but she did that fine without them.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:47 AM   #16
Romantic Raven

Welcome! It's nice to meet someone interested in mysticism. I have been studying different branches of the Occult Arts for quite a while, so it would be nice to have a chat sometime.
"I have cultivated my hysteria with delight and terror. Now I suffer continually from vertigo, and today, 23rd of January, 1862, I have received a singular warning, I have felt the wind of the wing of madness pass over me." - Charles Baudelaire
Romantic Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:08 PM   #17
Aaroneet

Welcome to Gnet.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:34 PM   #18
Kodachi

Thanks a lot! I'm glad I'm being recieved very well! Well, Baltimore may be small but I'm not the socialite so I may not know your friend, DeathChii. RomanticRaven, IM me sometime then. I love meeting new people within the the occultic and magickal arts. Anybody like the martial arts? I'm quite the fanatic.