Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:57 PM   #26
Onetwothree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin
(snuggles up to Porphyria) Thank you for saying what my abstract nervousness cannot.
Are you equally as stupid as this dumbass? *sighs*

Appeals to EMOTIONS are just that...APPEALS. Not truth! If a person asks me about God, I am not going to be nice about it. There is no reason to be, because the belief itself is fundamentally for the INSANE. There are people in crazy houses that believe EXACTLY the same shit as you believe. More criminally insane people are theists, more criminals are theists. And not, not by number, but by percentage. Atheists make up a small portion of the prison population. If I recall correctly, it was only .2%. That's pretty amazing.

Agnostics and atheists make up 10% of the population, but .2% of the prison population.

Christians make up 80% of the population, and 75% of the prison population.

I'd say that Christianity must lead people to believe in irrational beliefs, and thus lead them to crime. Because it's pretty obvious your chances of getting away with any crime is slim. They must be applying the same insane logic of God to their criminal career.

Oh well, I win.
Onetwothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:58 PM   #27
Cappinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by badteccy
Didn't read a word.
I did, but all I remember reading is "bla bla bla..."
Old 08-03-2007, 03:58 PM   #28
Onetwothree

Quote:
I am not dodging the question.

You believe one thing, I believe another.

Logic says a lot of things. Faith does too.

I believe you're insulting and snobby. But I respect your want to believe something else.
*sighs* If someone had faith in the fact that you are actually a space monster, would you respect their belief as they axe your face in half?

Don't patronize logic. Logic is the only thing keeping your ass still alive. If you were totally 'faithful' about everything, then you would die very easily.

Also, this is not a matter of belief at all. This is a matter of evidence and fact. I believe absolutely nothing. You believe something. It's kind of hard to believe anything when you're an atheist. But I suppose you don't grasp what atheism is either, do you, kid?
Old 08-03-2007, 04:00 PM   #29
Cappinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onetwothree
Forget it. I fucking win, and all of your belief systems, and beliefs are utterly invalidated, indefinitely because you cannot even support a single fucking one.

Whatever, I'm content now. I now know there is no hope for any of you here. What did I expect anyway...you're all stupid ass emo kids anyway. *sighs*
Yay! Now will you drop it?
Old 08-03-2007, 04:00 PM   #30
Onetwothree

Quote:
A pedestal? What pedestal? I don't think I'm better than you. I just think we believe seperate things, and you need to learn to be more accepting.

Just because people have faith doesn't make them stupid. It just means they have faith.
1) Atheism is not a belief. So I don't believe in anything, which makes me a bit wiser in terms of reality. Perhaps you know more about being a dipshit (which I honestly know nothing about) but in the end, you may know more about it.

2) Having faith makes you stupid about what you have faith about. Nothing else. Faith is a reaction to the unknown. It has no basis in reality, or fact. It's totally harmful to the human mind to hold irrational beliefs. Just look at the past 2,000 years. It's only recently that religion has been castrated enough that all we have are suicide bombings.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:01 PM   #31
Lapin

Quote:

Oh well, I win.
You know what? You do win.

I'm done now.

Faith gets me through my bad days. That's all I care about.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:02 PM   #32
Onetwothree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappinator
Yay! Now will you drop it?
Man, these forums are seriously filled with way too many emo teeny-boppers. I haven't found one rational human being in here besides Jillian.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:03 PM   #33
Onetwothree

Quote:
You know what? You do win.

I'm done now.

Faith gets me through my bad days. That's all I care about.
That's delusion though. Don't you know they put people on pills for delusions, hallucinations, etc?

You are just as crazy as the people in mental hospitals. You just aren't physically dangerous right now. But you are polluting the minds of others by reinforcing other insensitive, and generally irrational beliefs such as "God."
Old 08-03-2007, 04:04 PM   #34
Cappinator

Seriously though, I wonder if you'd be as forthcoming with the truth if you had ... say, a couple of extremist Muslims standing in front of you.

It's easy here on the forum, ranting on about how people's beliefs are stupid. But I bet in real life you'd either shut up, or spend your life in sad solitude.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:05 PM   #35
Onetwothree

Quote:
Seriously though, I wonder if you'd be as forthcoming with the truth if you had ... say, a couple of extremist Muslims standing in front of you.

It's easy here on the forum, ranting on about how people's beliefs are stupid. But I bet in real life you'd either shut up, or spend your life in sad solitude.
What? Are you fucking serious? No really, are you? Just tell me you are serious and I'll explain why that is by far the most fucked up thing I have ever heard, and this is why I HAAAAAAAAAATE irrational belief.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:05 PM   #36
honeythorn

Quote:

They are harming me. I can't say what I want, and I can't live how I feel like living because of religious persecution. Because I don't believe in God, I've been treated like shit my entire life, and I did not lash out until recently, because I have to.

No you do not have to. No one here has tried to convert you to anything, so there was no need for you to start shooting down peoples beliefs and opinions.

Oh dear people don't like your views? what a shame.

This may be the way you have been treated by some fundamentalist wherever you live. You know what? you are not the only fucking person on the planet to have been treated this way . Get over it and move on.

You don't believe in any kind of god? You are an atheist. Good for you. That is your decision, your choice, your way of thinking. I don't care if you are going anywhere when you die. I don't give a shit if you dissappear. If you believe that you will simply cease to exist and just rot away, great. At least you'll feed some insects, moulds, fungi and bacteria.

I believe in what I like to call deity. I do not call it god. I am a pagan .I also get a load of shit from those of a different faith for not believing as they do, for not reading and believing their holy book or their prophet or saviour. But that is my choice , my decision and my way of thinking.

If I don't agree with those who scream at me in the street whilst they smack the cover of a book ( and I am sorry to say that it is predominantly christians who do this, I am not picking at random, but from actual experience )
Then I simply say no thank you, I am happy with what I believe, goodbye. What I believe is my business. If I choose to reveal it, I do so on my own terms, not on demand. I do not support proselytisation, I have no desire to convert anyone to anything, and therefore I owe no one, least of all you, any proof of anything.

Why is this so hard for you?

And more to the point, why come here, of all places and start berating people's spiritual beliefs and demanding proof? why should anyone prove anything to you?
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:06 PM   #37
Cappinator

Quote:
Man, these forums are seriously filled with way too many emo teeny-boppers. I haven't found one rational human being in here besides Jillian.
Oh my God (yes, God)!

What an amazingly accurate description of my persona!
All that from that short sentence?

You are awesome!

Do you randomly pull stuff out of your ass? It certainly seems so sometimes.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:11 PM   #38
Cappinator

Quote:
What? Are you fucking serious? No really, are you? Just tell me you are serious and I'll explain why that is by far the most fucked up thing I have ever heard, and this is why I HAAAAAAAAAATE irrational belief.
Now I get it. You get your kicks from people disagreeing with you. Or telling you off.

That must be it, because you are the most irrational person I've ever heard

Yes, I read your first post on here and ... well, the contents of my toilet have made more sense than you.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:14 PM   #39
Lapin

Quote:
That's delusion though. Don't you know they put people on pills for delusions, hallucinations, etc?

You are just as crazy as the people in mental hospitals. You just aren't physically dangerous right now. But you are polluting the minds of others by reinforcing other insensitive, and generally irrational beliefs such as "God."
You have no right to demean me because of my beliefs. And you have even less right to ponder my mental state.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:16 PM   #40
Onetwothree

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
No you do not have to. No one here has tried to convert you to anything, so there was no need for you to start shooting down peoples beliefs and opinions.
If beliefs are so bullet-proof, then why does it piss you off so much? I love having my beliefs challenged, because mine are bullet-proof--I have none.

Quote:
Oh dear people don't like your views? what a shame.
It's not a view. Truth is not as subjective as you'd like to believe. There are objective truths in this universe. One of them has been stated ad naseum, God vis-a-vis probability is vanishingly small.

Quote:
This may be the way you have been treated by some fundamentalist wherever you live. You know what? you are not the only fucking person on the planet to have been treated this way . Get over it and move on.
That's your attitude? How about I peel out on your face. Get over it. You are not the only fucking person on the planet to have been treated that way. Get over it and move on.

Quote:
You don't believe in any kind of god? You are an atheist. Good for you. That is your decision, your choice, your way of thinking.
The only correct way of thinking is to be skeptical about everything you can't prove.

Quote:
I don't care if you are going anywhere when you die. I don't give a shit if you dissappear. If you believe that you will simply cease to exist and just rot away, great. At least you'll feed some insects, moulds, fungi and bacteria.
So will you. That's what you are not getting. You are going to the same place I am--nowhere.

Quote:
I believe in what I like to call deity. I do not call it god. I am a pagan .I also get a load of shit from those of a different faith for not believing as they do, for not reading and believing their holy book or their prophet or saviour. But that is my choice , my decision and my way of thinking.
It's misguided, illogical, irrational, dangerous, psychotic, and borderline misanthropic. I don't approve of belief because most are anti-human religions. Most religions do not appreciate human beings as even remotely worth of their existence. Do you really believe there is a cosmic being somewhere that is more powerful than you, and that you must humble yourself to whatever this thing is? If so, you are also in the anti-human religions.

Quote:
If I don't agree with those who scream at me in the street whilst they smack the cover of a book ( and I am sorry to say that it is predominantly christians who do this, I am not picking at random, but from actual experience )
Then I simply say no thank you, I am happy with what I believe, goodbye. What I believe is my business. If I choose to reveal it, I do so on my own terms, not on demand. I do not support proselytisation, I have no desire to convert anyone to anything, and therefore I owe no one, least of all you, any proof of anything.
If you don't owe me proof, then you don't have a belief. You have a fantasy. Believing that the sun will rise is a reasonable belief. We do it every morning. But if the sun were not to rise, I would change my beliefs. There is plenty of evidence against everything you've just said, but you are too intellectually lazy, or stupid, to do the research yourself.

Quote:
Why is this so hard for you?
Clean up the spit on your face, tool.

Quote:
And more to the point, why come here, of all places and start berating people's spiritual beliefs and demanding proof? why should anyone prove anything to you?
You can't prove anything. Can you prove anything? You know you can't. It's kind of the point here. Your beliefs mean nothing, because they are imaginary.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:16 PM   #41
Onetwothree

Quote:
You have no right to demean me because of my beliefs. And you have even less right to ponder my mental state.
Last time I checked, pondering was an unalienable right, and so was free-speech.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:17 PM   #42
Lapin

I think I have to agree with Cappinator.

You get off on this somehow.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:18 PM   #43
Onetwothree

Quote:
Now I get it. You get your kicks from people disagreeing with you. Or telling you off.

That must be it, because you are the most irrational person I've ever heard

Yes, I read your first post on here and ... well, the contents of my toilet have made more sense than you.
So you were serious? You were threatening me with violence like I suspected, or supposing that I'd chicken out if a few militant-Muslims were in front of me?

What would you do? Would you 'die' for your beliefs, that are totally unfounded, and impossible to prove if they said, "convert or die"?

I have a bit more moral fiber than you do. You're just a pussy.

--

Show me something I've said that is irrational.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:19 PM   #44
Lapin

Quote:
Last time I checked, pondering was an unalienable right, and so was free-speech.
Careful on that. It might be what the BA goes after next.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:20 PM   #45
Onetwothree

Quote:
Careful on that. It might be what the BA goes after next.
Stop speaking in acronyms like you're a starcraft player.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:23 PM   #46
Lapin

Oh come on then. Make me.

(What's Starcraft?)
Old 08-03-2007, 04:24 PM   #47
Onetwothree

Quote:
Oh come on then. Make me.

(What's Starcraft?)
A video-game dominated by Koreans, and their ilk. I do not know what the acronym BA means.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:26 PM   #48
Lapin

Come on, think about it with all that reasoning of yours.

They're trampling on civil rights...illegal wire taps...
Old 08-03-2007, 04:26 PM   #49
Cappinator

Quote:
So you were serious? You were threatening me with violence like I suspected, or supposing that I'd chicken out if a few militant-Muslims were in front of me?

What would you do? Would you 'die' for your beliefs, that are totally unfounded, and impossible to prove if they said, "convert or die"?

I have a bit more moral fiber than you do. You're just a pussy.

--

Show me something I've said that is irrational.
I'll make this short and sweet:
1. I did not threaten you with violence
2. You would chicken out. If you didn't, you're stupid and/or suicidal.
3. I never said I was religious (maybe I am, maybe I'm not. But it's none of your business )
4. Please stop pulling random elitist slogans out of your ass.

Actually, scratch number 4... Do whatever you want
I'm done and going to bed!

Good night!
Old 08-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #50
honeythorn

I would really love to know how you consider modern paganism to be " dangerous ". I mean paganism itself ( which is my belief system of choice ) not just belief in general.

I have yet to hear, read or see any form of evidence of pagans blowing them selves up, killing people for not believing the same as them, or screaming in the streets waving their pentacles . I have yet to see any evidence of militant paganism.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote