Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:23 AM   #51
delicti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsavanna
the only reason i put this thread up cuz im getting very tired of ppl putting me through hell, every time i walk at night i get pulled over by cops and serched.
That's the spelling police. Expect them to come more regularly.

The site is satire. Get over it. Even if it were real, we should look at it as an opportunity to see what people who think like that think about us. Whatever someone is going to put on the internet is almost always far less than what they'll tell each other in private.

People distrust things that are different, and are quick to hate them. Goths look different than most people. Comes with the territory, really, even if it is a pain.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:31 AM   #52
badteccy

Quote:
words
Oh, just shut up.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 06:48 AM   #53
chelseagirl

Quote:
*accepts peace pipe* ty nevan

already in my town i am automatically not allowed to own a firearm as long as i wear a long coat. normally i wouldn't care, but when they took my collection of knives and swords cuz it was a "hazard to people around me"
_-PAT-_
You've got me curious about this. Exactly WHO confiscated your knives and swords. Was it the authorities? Did they raid your home or something? I'm a licensed firearm collector and a lifetime member of the NRA. I have NEVER heard of any states that have a law restricting gun ownership based on the clothing people wear, and I just have a hard time believing this to be true. Would you mind sharing where you live?
Old 08-23-2007, 08:41 AM   #54
Ulfilas

Actually I'd be happy to see all guns taken away and destroyed, and swords too... Oh - and world peace and an end to war would be nice
Ulfilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:06 AM   #55
Breathless Horror

I see swords as more of beautiful works of art rather then weapons. I would never use one of my blades on anything living. They are something akin to the paintings on my walls.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:37 AM   #56
Godslayer Jillian

What you must understand, Patsavanna, is that regardless of whatever struggles you have had, you cannot blame a parody site, because it is stil la parody site.
You know how you can know?
Reberend Green is another name for pot. It's not a real reverend.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:13 AM   #57
Saphyra Runa

Patsavanna it sounds like there is more going on that you aren't telling us because your not looking at the real and whole picture of why you are being profiled. I don't think it is because you are "Goth".

Pardon the unfinishedness of it all
Saphyra Runa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:21 AM   #58
chelseagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphyra Runa
Patsavanna it sounds like there is more going on that you aren't telling us because your not looking at the real and whole picture of why you are being profiled. I don't think it is because you are "Goth".
exactly what I was thinking...
Old 08-23-2007, 12:33 PM   #59
Ulfilas

Oh! I wish we could all just have a great big group HUG!
Old 08-23-2007, 12:54 PM   #60
Metztli

I just realized this, even though it's got nothing to do with this argument, but Patsavanna spelled threatened wrong... I don't know if anyone else noticed that.

Back on topic--And all I have to say to him is: If you really want your opinions to count for anything, by anyone, I suggest you use spell check. No body will take you seriously if continue to mispell completely simple words. I may be totally new here, but these people don't treat me like shit like they are to you because you're acting like a moron.

No body in real life treat me like shit because of the way I am. They actually accpet me, and when I make my views which are "considered" goth, they just ignore it because they don't want to get into an argument with me. I have a friend that calls me the "gothic freak" but we've been friends for many years and we've both accepted the nicknames we've given each other.

Maybe you're just going way overboard here with this whole rally B.S. and that's why people don't take you seriously. Yes, I've seen that website, and yes, it offended me. But I accepted the fact that it's a joke, and I've gotten over it like seconds later.

So I suggest you grow the fuck up snd get over the fact that no one wants to "follow" you in this stupid ass feat to get people to understand the gothic subculture. No one will understand it, unless they've experienced it. My mother doesn't accept it, but she knows it makes me happy and she doesn't give two shits about it as long as I don't injure myself in some way, shape, or form. And she won't care if I don't join a cult.

Yes, I'm new, and I know that my opinion doesn't matter as much as the people that have been here for months/years, but please shut the fuck up and kill yourself. You do not matter to ANYONE here. No body cares about your feable attempts, and you should just give up.
Metztli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:07 PM   #61
Ulfilas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metztli
I just realized this, even though it's got nothing to do with this argument, but Patsavanna spelled threatened wrong... I don't know if anyone else noticed that.

Back on topic--And all I have to say to him is: If you really want your opinions to count for anything, by anyone, I suggest you use spell check. No body will take you seriously if continue to mispell completely simple words...
...So I suggest you grow the fuck up snd get over the
oops! Now who's spelling simple words wrong!?

Hypocrisy - EEEK!

Can't we all just be friends. For goodness sake. What's a small typo amongst grown-ups.

Can I speak to a grown up please?

It's bad enough that there are people going out of their way to attack gothic looking people, let alone all the in-fighting.

It's getting silly.

Now all of you go and sit on the naughty step and calm down
Old 08-23-2007, 01:11 PM   #62
Metztli

Well, I was on the phone...Using one hand.

And I don't want to sit on the naughty step.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:28 PM   #63
Ulfilas

I don't want to hear excuses. Go and sit on the step! I'm going to count to 3....

ONE...
Old 08-23-2007, 03:40 PM   #64
DeathChii

ok
1) it's a parody site, so let's stop talking about the stupid site and get in to some real descremanation.
It's EVERYWHERE. To EVERYONE. Not just goths. Black people, asians, midgits, fat people, hippies, teenagers xD, women etc. there's always going to be someone out there who will descremenate you for SOMETHING. that's just how it works. I wish it didn't, but it does -_- the best you can do is to not descremenate and hope others will follow =P
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:51 PM   #65
Metztli

Well, technically, if you get into race and sexual orientation, it's considered a hate crime. Dressing according to your "label" and your gender, it's considered discrimination. There are also some people that can't even take jokes like someone I'm not mentioning 'cause I'll be sent to the naughty step.

And I'm not going to the naughty step. =P

I'm a rebel. And why does everyone keep calling me Emo?
Old 08-23-2007, 06:05 PM   #66
DeathChii

lol yeah I know but I mean, my point was just that it's not only 'goths' getting attacked =P Pats was just acting I uno I can't explain it, like goths are the only ones that are judged over stupid things >.< which is not true >_> but yeah
Plus, maybe people where throwing stuff at him cause they don't like him, not cause he dresses goth. Trust me =P Goths are cool xD lol peolpe like us, we're liked! except for my parents O_o
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:19 PM   #67
Metztli

Yeah. And I kind of wonder why people don't like him...Not really. I know why. And no one has ever thrown stuff at me because they don't like me. They just talk shit thinking it's going to phase me in some way, shape, or form. But I'm too mature to get myself into a squabble that's going to lead to no where.

Goths are cool, we're just misunderstood. A lot of people think we're necropheliacs and such...>.> Either that, or people just think I am. But in my town, and a lot of the world, are closed minded and they don't actually think the way Goths do--realistically. They think, I don't know the word, I forget..Oh! Idealistically, that's the word.

Everyone /is/ judged by their appearance, but Goth's are the only ones that actually stand out and that's why we're judged the most. I just feel bad sometimes because our style is based on the 18th century style, and before that. Whereas people from hip-hop or something, their style is like... 70's-ish, 80's style. And they just continue going in the 20th century. Our styles don't actually change unless you're one of those kinky goths that are into bondage and cyberwear.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:25 PM   #68
KontanKarite

I Need An Adult!!!

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:37 PM   #69
raggedyanne

Sorry, but it's hard to find any of those around here. ; D

I hope that the couple will make a quick recovery and that the attackers will be forced to face the karma.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:45 PM   #70
Metztli

RaggedyAnne, I think you're on the wrong thread...
And, why do you need an adult?
Old 08-23-2007, 08:47 PM   #71
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metztli
RaggedyAnne, I think you're on the wrong thread...
And, why do you need an adult?

Cuz bein that ima kid, i dont really git the point of these pressin adult issues.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:53 PM   #72
Metztli

Oh, I have no idea. I guess it's fun to have conversations like these. I mean, I have fun having these conversations, and I'm only 17. I can't really have these conversations with any of my friends because they don't actually think of anything like this, and because they don't really have the mentality to hold such information and hold serious topics like these for a long time or whatever.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:01 PM   #73
raggedyanne

Oops, metzil, you're right. My bad folks, I'm trying to do homework while posting.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:02 PM   #74
Metztli

It's no problem. =]
Old 08-23-2007, 09:16 PM   #75
raggedyanne

Thanks. I'll pay more attention to what box I'm writing in next time. ; D