Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:12 PM   #1
DeathChii

Depersonalization/Derealization... still

It's been about 4 months now and it still hasn't gone away... is that normal? I'm starting to loose hope and I'm starting to feel completely dead... I just really want it to stop ='(
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:11 PM   #2
Graveyard.Crow

This is the kind of thing only you can snap yourself out of. Yes you can have pills
But I was prescribed those, and the side effects sounded bad enough. So don't go that route.
Meditate, convince yourself that you are the capitan of your brain and not the other way around.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:54 PM   #3
DeathChii

yeah =( it's like I keep trying to snap myself out of it but I can't =\ I guess I just haven't been doing the right things =(
I'll try some meditation thank you!
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 09-22-2007, 09:57 PM   #4
Graveyard.Crow

Like you have to come up with a logic that will just click in your mind. It's hard to explain
Old 09-23-2007, 04:22 AM   #5
Valerius

Yeah, like GC said, only you can snap yourself out of this rut you're in. You just gotta be strong about this kind of shit, and don't let the anxiety about it taking over your life affect you and you should be good.

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:01 AM   #6
Underwater Ophelia

Maybe you should see a doctor?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 09:20 AM   #7
DeathChii

Yeah I saw a phsycologist and she helped me with my anxiety, but the DPD hasn't gone away... that's why I was so confused. I got all better but it hasn't helped this situation =\ she said I just had to wait it out until it eventually fixed itself >.<
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 09-23-2007, 11:34 PM   #8
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard.Crow
This is the kind of thing only you can snap yourself out of. Yes you can have pills
But I was prescribed those, and the side effects sounded bad enough. So don't go that route.
Meditate, convince yourself that you are the capitan of your brain and not the other way around.
Sometimes one needs help snapping out of it. And pills work for some people, especially people who just randomly have severe depression that's not really linked to anything in particular (aka, chemical imbalance). Also, it can be that the first pills aren't the right ones; I've heard of people taking years to find one that works, and then some more time to find the right dose.
But if you don't like the idea of taking meds, you don't have to take them.
That's just based on my experience and what I've heard... And some psyc classes.
The med I'm on right now (Wellbutrin) keeps me happy enough, but it also makes me kinda loopy and spacey and confused (like, I don't see things that are there, even if I look directly at them, sometimes, like the bread board in the caf. I completely missed that today, despite it being there. Or I forget the last 3 minutes, or start talking about something that's vaguely related to what I was talking about, or forget what I was talking about, or even that I was talking at all), so I'm not sure about it. The other med I'm on (seroquel) has the exact opposite effect of Wellbutrin, which is lowering dopamine... so I'm not sure about it, either. :\

But yes, meditation would prolly work, especially once you get practiced at it. (I tried it a few times, but it made me nervous-sick, but then I'm weird like that, so don't not meditate based on my reaction to it...:P)

Apparently, too, if you put on a certain expression, you'll kinda feel that way, like your brain follows your face (it's a scientifically studied thing).
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:15 AM   #9
DeathChii

lol weird bout the expression thing.

I understand pills work for some people, but I am not a med person =P I'm one of those "all natural"-ish people.

but yeah... I just hope it goes away soon =( thx for the help everyone
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 09-24-2007, 07:16 PM   #10
LaBelleDameSansMerci

All the power to you. Meds have caused me problems. It's just, the problems they help with are more serious than the problems they cause. :\
The other thing about psychologists (or councellors especially) is that it can be difficult to find the right one. I like directness, and can't stand euphemisms. Most councellors I've encounterd use little of the former, and many of the latter.

Hope you get better, DeathChii.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:25 PM   #11
Green.Lady

I totally understand about the all-natural thing, DeathChii, I've been on several meds for several things but got freaked out at the idea of taking drugs that alter your brain... I like my brain, even if it's got problems. I also seriously don't trust doctors that are really eager to give meds. And they rarely work for anyone I know, it seems. However, I know people that have tried light and behavioral therapy and it has worked wonders. It's an idea...

I'm sort of in the same boat as you, feeling like your mind is "floating away" or something like that. I really wish I could help, but I can't, as I can't even help myself with this...

Sorry for the depressing post, i just feel really shitty today...
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:55 PM   #12
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Light is used mostly for Seasonal Affective Disorder, so if you find yourself consistently feeling shitty every winter, and fine (or less shitty) in the summer, it could be SAD.
I've always loved that acronym, by the way....
Behavioural therapy and cognitive-behavioural therapy seem to be the ones that work most often.... At least according to studies.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:41 PM   #13
TopHaggardDoll

I never took meds, they have pills for everything these days. My mindstate never caused me any distress so I never needed them.

I think it's always relaxing to purge negative emotions by creating something. Anything. I think you could create something very powerful.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:08 PM   #14
DeathChii

It's just been so long... and it's so strong... It doesn't seem to be going down or going away, and it makes me want to jump out the window xD
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 10-04-2007, 06:52 PM   #15
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Feel free to jump out of as many windows as you want as long as there is somthing on the outside to cushon your fall. One thing you might want to try is more than just one psychologist, it's like with physical ailments one doctor can't solve all or know all. For me I have enough for a volleyball team, a Psychiatrist, a Psychologist (more specific for autism), a county appointed therapist, the school psych team, and a county appointed trauma therapist. Too much? When help is desperately needed there is never enough.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:26 PM   #16
StasisInDarkness

Just stay safe. Hurting yourself won't make you feel real.
StasisInDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:09 AM   #17
DeathChii

Thanks Renatus, I'll take that advice =]
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 10-05-2007, 09:16 AM   #18
delicti

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChii
I understand pills work for some people, but I am not a med person =P I'm one of those "all natural"-ish people.
Hey, I totally understand where you're coming from with that. I have felt similarly for a very long time, and recently finally went on medicine to address my ADHD.

Once the "load in" phase of the medication was complete, I noticed an immediate, positive effect in my life. When I first started taking the medication, I felt like I was admitting defeat; now I feel like I've taken control of my life in places where I had little to none.

Some times the "all natural" is exactly what is causing the disorder, and psych meds can help. You should probably ask your doctor for lists of side-effects and case studies or other resources they may have that you can read up on the drugs that they're recommending. It may be worth a shot; you can always take yourself off medications if you feel they aren't helpful.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:13 PM   #19
Catch

Um actually, DeathChii, you should see a medical doctor and get checked out. Psychologists are nice, but if you are ill, words won't fix this. If you feel too out of it and people are saying you're just crazy, maybe they are wrong. It happens.

Note: St. John's Wart can be used a substitute for Zoloft. Probably want to go with a multi-vitamin. Health issues can cause depression.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:19 AM   #20
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I did mention the need for a psychiatrist.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote