Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:45 AM   #26
MrTangent

Quote:
Originally Posted by c130
They're vintage BAO Safety Division welding goggles from ***, and I got them after spending a couple of months waiting for a pair like them to be listed. I'll need to get the lenses changed though because they're dark green and slightly too dark to see through safely in regular daylight.

Your best bet is to check the American Ebay for Willsons vintage goggles - they're the most common type to be listed, though there are usually quite a few folk elbowing each other to get hold of them any time a pair do go up.
I could kiss you, c130. Thank you very much! I already bought three goggles (although not the ones you mentioned) just after you gave me new search words to look for. I look forward to getting a pair of the Willsons.

By the way, how did you like the Atomefabrik goggles? Did you get the glacier goggles? I wonder how dark they are? Do you have any more photos of them up anywhere? I'd love to see the insides of them and generally more angles than the website provided. I want actual wearable glasses and not fashion accouterments.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

-- John (aka Mr. Tangent)
MrTangent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:48 AM   #27
c130

'Fraid my Atomefabriks are the original model. The lenses are removable though - I've got red, orange, blue and yellow, and they're all vibrant and easy to see through. Field of view is quite restricted though; wearing them feels like wearing blinders, where you can only see straight ahead unless you turn your whole head to see around. You'd want to go for the Glaciers if you wanted to wear them properly.

Side
Back
Front 1
Front 2
Old 10-18-2007, 06:55 AM   #28
MrTangent

Quote:
'Fraid my Atomefabriks are the original model. The lenses are removable though - I've got red, orange, blue and yellow, and they're all vibrant and easy to see through. Field of view is quite restricted though; wearing them feels like wearing blinders, where you can only see straight ahead unless you turn your whole head to see around. You'd want to go for the Glaciers if you wanted to wear them properly.
Thanks! You, my dear, rock. I appreciate your taking the time to take those pictures for me and all your very helpful suggestions.

-- John
MrTangent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 07:08 AM   #29
c130

You're welcome.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:19 AM   #30
DarkGentleman

Quote:

Side
Back
Front 1
Front 2
Those are awesome, Those made of aluminum and leather? I bet they must have been pricey too.
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 01:52 PM   #31
c130

50 quid, yeah. Aluminium for the metal parts, leather for the padding, elastic for the headband. Great workmanship, they'd survive a nuclear apocalypse.

I'll need to respray them black soon though, the paint's getting worn off where they rub against my shirt when they're round my neck.