Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:29 AM   #26
Mon Coeur Noir

Oh good! I was happy to see this post. Yeah, the can "I wear goth if... "had gotten out of hand.

Thank you for writing this. I picked up a nifty new trick for the under eyeliner. God! I'm sick of it running. I don't wanna look like alice cooper!
Mon Coeur Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:24 PM   #27
Miss_Hazie_Lane

I don't think Alice Cooper wants to look like Alice Cooper hehe
Old 12-16-2007, 10:39 AM   #28
crucifix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre
Redheads can also, depending on how their hair is, leave it natural- mine's entirely natural and reaches down to my waist. It attracts much attention and many compliments at goth clubs because it's so unusual and in good condition.
I am naturally strawberry blonde and I dye my hair bright copper red. Thank you clairol nice n easy natural reddish blonde! I leave that baby on for 40 minutes (twice the time they tell you to) and my hair is bright flaming copper red. I love birght red hair. I wish desperately my natural color was redder and not as pale as it is.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:19 AM   #29
Miss_Hazie_Lane

^_^ that was my point exactly, just make sure to deep conditioner your hair frequently as dyeing can dry it.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:14 PM   #30
KontanKarite

I have done just about every one of those styles you mentioned. I find, personally, that the victorian or romantic look and the old school 80s deathrock look does best for me.

I will say, however, that for black lips, I find black eyeliner to be SO much better than lipstick. A coat of black eyeliner with a small touch of lip gloss can really give you a lasting color that wont be gone in an hour or so. Also, and I'm sure if you mentioned this, but if you close your eyes tightly enough, you can give your make up a small spritz of hairspray to get it to stay in its place for hours and hours.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:22 PM   #31
clockworkcoffin

wow, that was a surprisingly insightful piece of writing hazie! i personally gained a lot from it, being a very thin person. i love poofy poet shirts!!!
clockworkcoffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:51 PM   #32
Wormboy

This thread is positively amazing!! Well done indeed!

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:22 PM   #33
Miss_Hazie_Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
I have done just about every one of those styles you mentioned. I find, personally, that the victorian or romantic look and the old school 80s deathrock look does best for me.

I will say, however, that for black lips, I find black eyeliner to be SO much better than lipstick. A coat of black eyeliner with a small touch of lip gloss can really give you a lasting color that wont be gone in an hour or so. Also, and I'm sure if you mentioned this, but if you close your eyes tightly enough, you can give your make up a small spritz of hairspray to get it to stay in its place for hours and hours.
Exactly what I said, however I find that black eyeliner under lipstick stays on longest... if you blot it with a single ply of tissue it helps too. In the extended article on my blog I mention the use of fixative on makeup. Hairspray isn't terribly good for your skin
Old 12-16-2007, 05:22 PM   #34
Miss_Hazie_Lane

And thank you to everyone else ^_^