Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:28 PM   #26
DepthsofSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Sekhmet~
Ha! Bringing forth a life! Are we not over populated enough yet?

Oh, fuck, I'm sure you will come around to limited totalitarianism (as in population control) once there is food shortages and starvation and sickness where you and I live.
Nah, that's nature's job.

Natural selection, bitches.

Goffs think you have to rip off the wings of a butterfly to show your love.

Goths know that love has already broken the wings of a butterfly on a wheel.
DepthsofSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:28 PM   #27
Godslayer Jillian

There should be incentives to control the population, not sanctions!
OR would you rather prefer we all follow Dr. Strangelove's strategy, only let the smartest people plus the politicians and businessmen live, with a female to male ratio of 10 because there's no need for more males than that?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:33 PM   #28
Signe

Well, personally, I avoid sex. I am nearly asexual actually, sex does not interest me. But then I am a slightly autistic eccentric individual, so nobody would expect me to be^.^

People usually do not expect me to be normal, because I have always been weird anyway
Signe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:45 PM   #29
Godslayer Jillian

And because of this you'd rather take away our primary drive rather than compensate those who willingly sacrifice the future of their lineage?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:48 PM   #30
Signe

I think people fight to much about sexuality. "Sexuality is much holier than chastity" "Virgins are pure and ones that have had sex are dirty" What the fuck. People are the way they are.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:49 PM   #31
Signe

OK, maybe that was a bit untopic. Anyway, though, pregnancy is a related subject to sexuality. What I mean is, I am allowed my opinion and others are allowed theirs, but I think people do not have to fight so much about it, you are allowed to live your own life.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:50 PM   #32
Signe

oops OFFtopic
Old 01-08-2008, 02:51 PM   #33
Signe

Well, I did not say you were.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:58 PM   #34
Godslayer Jillian

Limited to how much? It is only natural to want to have two children, that's the minimum to keep a species numerically fruitful.
If you sanctioned people with, say, 4 people or more, the population would still be growing. And if you sanctioned anyone with 2 or more, you're already interfering with our basic drives.
And still, you advocated for an authoritarian examination of good parenting. Who in hell can get off by saying they know what's good parenting? How is it any different than forcing children to pledge their allegiance to the flag? Or making people study the 'right' positions in ethics?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 01-08-2008, 02:59 PM   #35
Signe

Ehm. I do not know if you people have noticed. We are mammals. Humans are primitive creatures. You can not tell people what to do.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:07 PM   #36
Signe

Oh my parents did all of that.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:07 PM   #37
Signe

Not beating me, fed me healthy food, taught me to be tolerant.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:08 PM   #38
Signe

Oh I guess that was kind of off-topic.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:11 PM   #39
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
What is good parenting? Well, for one, not beating your children, feeding them healthy food, teaching them to be tolerant of others. Is that asking too much?
Yeah, and there's going to be tons of people answering the "Would you beat up your kids on a regular basis?" with "Fuck yeah"
And are you willing to sacrifice all the people that would have risen against their circumstances just because it's not pretty?
My high school counselor lived in a terrible household, yet he turned up amazingly because he didn't want to be like his father. His family is almost perfect; not phony perfect, but they all love each other and everyone always strives to being better every day; his son has been the only National Hispanic Scholar besides me on our high school. That counselor helped me become a part of what I am today.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 01-08-2008, 03:11 PM   #40
Signe

"I really hope you are fucking joking. The masses are always being told what to do. & you know what? Most of the fucking time, the mindless sheep do as they are told. You keep getting me off topic. ;|"

Arrgh, well, you can not really control people, I did not know you could do that, I mean I always followed my own emotions and not cared what others said.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:44 PM   #41
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Do you think that if people where kinder, the children growing with them would not be as great as they could be? Please explain more on what you mean!
Indeed. There's nothing to admire from a wealthy person if his family was already wealthy. There's not much that is amazing about a kid knowing piano if he was forced to play it by his parents. Equally, someone with good manners and nice upbringing is a nice person and a good role model, but there is nothing to admire in him. There were no obstacles in his life, he hasn't risen above anything. He is a mere byproduct of his circumstances.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 01-08-2008, 08:52 PM   #42
raggedyanne

Wow! All of you have made valid points to your respective topics. I agree with Jillian, as usual. Sekhmet, you' seem intelligent yet overly cynical. I want to thank korinna555 and others for their support. I'll know the results by tomorrow evening. It is my opinion that if a teenager is mature and able to take responsibility and care for their child, they should. Sadly, I am not in a position where that is an option and at this time do not view it as fair to the child or my self to bring another human into the world if I cannot properly care for it.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:16 PM   #43
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Ranty-wanty
Hardcore childfree, eh?
Lolly PopMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:18 PM   #44
raggedyanne

He's the kind of person that makes women want to go all angelina jolie. Lolz, no offense dude.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:22 AM   #45
L'Oiseau Noir

Just keep your legs closed, and all will be fine.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #46
Miss Cogs

It's not something that bothers me, unless its me. It's their live and if they have a rich enough parent they can easily get along with the kid. Plus, they can just drop the kid's ass at their parents house while they go out at night having more sex without a condom. But hey, it's their life.

There's a preg. teen at our school now. She looks like she's due in a few more months.
Miss Cogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:05 PM   #47
raggedyanne

Miss Cogs, I wish luck to the girl at your school. L'Oiseau Noir, lol, so true.

Well, the tests came out positive. My boyfriend and I are trying to figure out what to do and how to tell my parents. Abortion always seems like more of an option when you aren't quite sure. I'm really freaked out and confused right now. I talked to the pastor of the church I sometimes go to (I may not be religious, but the guy's awesome) and he's going to help me tell my parents. I really don't know what to do right now.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:15 PM   #48
raggedyanne

I'm definitely considering adoption. Fostering sounds reasonable. Can you pick where the child is fostered?
Old 01-10-2008, 12:44 AM   #49
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppenwolf
I refuse to believe a 20 yr old can you know ... And some 25 ... Some 35 too ...

Come to germany and see about babies beaten to death by his/her mother or father , misstreaten , forgotten until they die because of hunger ... Much worst are emotional problems , which nobody can see or fully identify .
It doesn't have to turn into a whole legal fiasco, in regard to your last paragraph...people just need to stop being stupid.

In the UK 16, 17 and 18 year olds are getting pregnant on purpose to live off the state. They get a free house and everything....they're using their kids as a way to live for free. That doesn't seem like maturity to me.
I went to an all girls secondary school....alot of the girls got pregnant so they could have a house and benefits right after their GCSEs.
Using your child to get what you want is also cruel.

It's difficult...because you can't leave a child and a mother out on the street but you also have to stop this sort of appalling attitude which is turning this country into such a bloody shit hole. I wouldn't mind if they were good parents and i'm sorry if I offend anyone....but in my area with alot of single, young mothers...it's the children of those mothers that cause such a problem. They vandalise, they insult perfect strangers and they steal, and I am fed up of it.

We already have sex education but I think that it's important to teach them about being a parent...what it involves and teach them how hard it is. Do it seriously and drum it into them. Tell them that a baby isn't a ticket to a free ride.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:00 AM   #50
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne
Miss Cogs, I wish luck to the girl at your school. L'Oiseau Noir, lol, so true.

Well, the tests came out positive. My boyfriend and I are trying to figure out what to do and how to tell my parents. Abortion always seems like more of an option when you aren't quite sure. I'm really freaked out and confused right now. I talked to the pastor of the church I sometimes go to (I may not be religious, but the guy's awesome) and he's going to help me tell my parents. I really don't know what to do right now.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do, think carefully and don't let anyone force you to do something you don't want to.