Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

View Poll Results: Is your school prejudice?
i don't notice 26 33.33%
a little 16 20.51%
yes 36 46.15%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2005, 06:46 AM   #126
pitseleh

I saw Iron Maiden on the Roskilde festival in 2000, and even though I'm not a huge fan I have to say it was a pretty great show. The sound, the songs, and all those flags waving definitely made for a good atmosphere. No expenses spared on the stage set, either.

Seeing Bruce Dickinson's pale buttcheeks hanging off a huge lighting rig was also interesting. Damn, that fucker can climb.

Like I said, although I'm not as big a fan as some of my friends, I don't see how you can even mention Skid Row and Mötley Crüe in the same sentence as the great IRON MAIDEN.
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 07:18 AM   #127
Giga

There is a small Iron Maiden tribute band in Serbia, called Fullstop.

These guys are nothing special. Sure, they're good enough musicians to play IM songs as well as possible... but they're nothing of a stage presence + their shows are usualy booked in pathetic, small clubs and during small concerts.

Yet no matter what, once the first riffs of The Trooper, Wasted Years, Fear of the Dark etc. are heard by the crowd, all hell breaks lose, everyone (at least a hundred people always come to their shows) is screaming, huge mosh pits are made, atmosphere usualy gets so hot its hard to breathe etc.

Yet Fullstop guys are utterly passive. They play their instruments and don't really say anything except the usual: "We're Fullstop, Iron Maiden tribute. Hope you guys enjoy our show."

The fact is - people LOVE Iron Maiden songs.

So, in my mind, it is impossible to have a boring IM show.
Giga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 07:48 AM   #128
OnixxFilth

Yeah, Iron Maiden is really cool. I think my favorite "classic metal" band, though, would have to be Black Sabbath. After all, they started it!
OnixxFilth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:31 AM   #129
MrMaelstrom

Seen them live and am an occasional client of Eddie's Bar which is in the middle of the Algarve in the south of Portugal (Steve Harris spends his holidays there). Completely decorated with Eddie sarcophagae from the World Slavery Tour, pub booths all painted with Eddie's cover explits and signed pics of bands Maiden opened up for, played with and that were openers themselves (Metallica, Queensriche, Van Halen, Kiss, Judas Priest, Ozzy, Dio, Helloween, Megadeth, etc,etc,etc).

And they're a great live band!

Edible eye, Dude! I'll quote you: "no energy, except for the music."

Dude, I think you got your priorities mixed up. It's about music 1st and antics latter (unless you're Alice Cooper, of course).
Old 04-04-2005, 02:12 PM   #130
Deadhymn

i almost shit when i saw mention of Maiden on here. Its good to know so many of you like them. I thought i was in the severe minority on that count. and Mael, as soon as you get a job, you're buying me a TShirt from eddie's bar and mailing it to me.
Deadhymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 03:45 PM   #131
edible_eye

hmmm. maybe i just saw an errant, poorly done show. the way you guys are going all ga-ga over them, they MUST put on a great stage show. :twisted:

and yes, mrmaelstrom - it absolutely IS about the music first and on that score, maiden rocked even during that unfortunate attempted-interactive display i bore witness to.

no matter what - maiden rules, so the rest of it doesn't really matter, i guess - even though i want to see an energy-charged show along with some kick-ass music. in fact, i'm gonna listen to Killers right now.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:50 AM   #132
OnixxFilth

My stepdad once saw IM live during the Powerslave tour- that had to be awesome! I think it's my fave IM album. I guess I'm kind of a purist, as I won't listen to any of their albums with a singer other than Bruce Dickenson. :lol:
OnixxFilth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 01:43 AM   #133
Fenrisulfr

My first post on this site's forum i apologize for my lack of grammar and lack of introduction , however this is the first topic i've seen that i can relate to

I attended brick highschool in new jersey were after columbine they implemented a policy that all coats were to be removed upon entry to the building this did not bold well for me as my trench does not leave my body in public long story short i wound up threagtening to sodomize the head of the administration with a hot curling iron i currently attend collier services were they allow me my trade mark leather coat

morale of the story kiddies is to fight any and all percived opression and offer to sodomize people with hot iron objects and in the end all your dreams come true

~ps~ flame me and ill nail your genitals to a burning building
Fenrisulfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 03:03 AM   #134
edible_eye

first of all, you're not nailing anyone's genitals to anything.

second - if your idea of a dream coming true = attending a school for an "alternative educational experience" (a psych. school?) just to wear a leather coat, then by all means - you're living the dream.

congratulations. tell me - do you eat them french fried 'taters with mustard also?

mm-hmm

edible_eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 09:49 AM   #135
Spazik

Hah. Funny shit. Fuck them. Bring your clothes and makeup and get dressed before you go home. They don't control you then. Or better yet, drop out and get your GED. Our societies so messed up that an education should be the least of your worries anyways.
Spazik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 01:11 AM   #136
Fenris

Quote:
My first post on this site's forum i apologize for my lack of grammar and lack of introduction , however this is the first topic i've seen that i can relate to

I attended brick highschool in new jersey were after columbine they implemented a policy that all coats were to be removed upon entry to the building this did not bold well for me as my trench does not leave my body in public long story short i wound up threagtening to sodomize the head of the administration with a hot curling iron i currently attend collier services were they allow me my trade mark leather coat

morale of the story kiddies is to fight any and all percived opression and offer to sodomize people with hot iron objects and in the end all your dreams come true

~ps~ flame me and ill nail your genitals to a burning building

While sodomizing school administrators with curling irons sounds like an enjoyable pastime, i don't think the threat of it helps our cause.

People form stereotypes because the stereotypes serve them well 90% of the time and have some sort of factual basis, however weak it may be. Right now, goth/punk/industrial/whatever the hell you want to call yourself that involves dressing looking or acting weird, stereotypes are flawed and easily broken apart since we do not have any particularly strong history of violence.

However, if we start making it a point to threaten satanic torture rituals on anyone who doesn't agree with us (and the christian majority will view your threats as threats of satanic torture rituals) it strengthens the sterotypes and creates more conflict. There is a lot more of them then there are of us, open conflict is a bad thing.

As for nailing my genitals to the wall, I live in Madison, IN. I have two years of pressure point fighting martial arts experience, 1 year indonesian stick and machete fighting experience, and carry my machete on me at all times.
good luck ;-)
Fenris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 11:31 AM   #137
FenrisQueen

I agree with Fenris.

And, uh, to the other other Fenris, were you going to remove my genitals from my body or just throw the whole of me on the wall and nailgun me down?
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
FenrisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 11:45 AM   #138
Fenris

Wow, there's a lot of Fenri (sp?) posting on this thread.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:17 PM   #139
FenrisQueen

i know. I feel multiplied. But I'm assuming I'm the only girl fenris?
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
Old 09-04-2005, 01:05 PM   #140
Fenris

Yes, I am a male Fenris, and I don't think the other one will stick around long enough or be well recieved enough to matter.

We should have a little nordic wolf god/demon party sometime, i'm sure the party favors would be delightful.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:31 PM   #141
FenrisQueen

ooh, that would be fun. little wolf goblets and poster cutouts of Dagda and Loki...
Old 09-06-2005, 10:46 AM   #142
Spazik

You guys should mate and have little demon puppies

Old 09-06-2005, 04:34 PM   #143
FenrisQueen

Since we're both Fenris, wouldn't that technically be incest?
Old 09-06-2005, 06:50 PM   #144
winged_dreams

Wow, so many Fenrises. Stop multiplying. XD

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 10:58 PM   #145
FenrisQueen

i was the first! So there!

um...I was the first, right?
Old 09-09-2005, 11:16 PM   #146
winged_dreams

Yes, you were the first.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 01:55 AM   #147
punkirony

I'm not surprised at this. The same thing was going on at another school last year, right. Well, my school is stupid. It's like, almost everyday I give them something to look at. I have what is called the "Punk" look, but I don't call it any thing. Yesterday, this freshman asked me "Why are you wearing all black?" My reply was "Because it's my favorite color." She then asked me why it was my favorite color. Jeez!
People just like to question, and when they question, they sometimes get answers that they're afraid of. This is why they try to ban such "occurances" so that they feel in control.

Such ignorance.

(I've been using the word "ignorant" a lot. I think it's because society keeps proving my point.)
Old 09-10-2005, 09:56 AM   #148
Fenris

Yes, you were most certainly here before me. The idea of demon puppies is pretty freakin sweet though....
Old 09-10-2005, 10:27 AM   #149
Spazik

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkirony
I'm not surprised at this. The same thing was going on at another school last year, right. Well, my school is stupid. It's like, almost everyday I give them something to look at. I have what is called the "Punk" look, but I don't call it any thing. Yesterday, this freshman asked me "Why are you wearing all black?" My reply was "Because it's my favorite color." She then asked me why it was my favorite color. Jeez!
People just like to question, and when they question, they sometimes get answers that they're afraid of. This is why they try to ban such "occurances" so that they feel in control.

Such ignorance.

(I've been using the word "ignorant" a lot. I think it's because society keeps proving my point.)

You need to realize that most of humanity is stupid beyond salvation. I see it every time I watch the O'riely factor, for example. That man will never change, and he will never understand. It's best just to ignore these people and cut them out of your life as much as possible, like a cancer. The problem, at least for progressive minded individuals, is that conservatives try and force their way back into your life, telling you what to do, how to dress, what to believe, what you can and cannot do with your own private life or private property. They try and write a ban of flag burning or of gay marraige into the constitution. The only thing to do in this scenario is to fight back and protect your rights, otherwise they'll tunnel us right back to burning heretics.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:49 PM   #150
punkirony

Here Here!