Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:10 AM   #1
bjork_freak

Lack of artistic nature...

Is it too late to develop creativity at its finest? I can't keep writing about trees and scraping printer paper with colored pencils forever.
bjork_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:17 AM   #2
Mir

I don't think it is ever too late. You just have to find the right outlet for it to shine through.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:17 PM   #3
dickpickle

I find that inspiration ebbs and flows. Sometimes getting the ball rolling opens it up. Try something new perhaps. Just wing it. Right about your feelings or clouds or the secret society of bugs under the kitchen sink. Make a sculpture out of found materials.
dickpickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:59 PM   #4
bjork_freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickpickle
I find that inspiration ebbs and flows. Sometimes getting the ball rolling opens it up. Try something new perhaps. Just wing it. Right about your feelings or clouds or the secret society of bugs under the kitchen sink. Make a sculpture out of found materials.
I like you, I think.
bjork_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:02 PM   #5
Tha Duckman

You = Doomed.
Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:55 PM   #6
dickpickle

Thank you! maybe you do.
dickpickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:27 AM   #7
Apathy's_Child

I would recommend spending time alone. Drinking helps, I find I get more courageous when I've had a couple of beers or whiskeys. Listening to music makes me think creatively, Bob Dylan and anything Joe Strummer work for me. Read up on non fiction as well as novels and poetry, philosophy or sociology, something to get you thinking about how people and societies work. Pick something you're interested in and find out what the deal is. Look at art - you can find plenty on the internet. Then just sit down with a drink and some good music and make something.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:27 AM   #8
Catch

Actually some people have artistic talent and some don't or they have it in different areas.

Gerschwin tried writing play after play, it wasn't until he composed music that his genius sprung forward and he was recognized. If you keep hitting the same wall, maybe try another path.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:38 PM   #9
Bete Noire

Not too late.

If I recall your intro right, you're my age, so if it's too late for you it's too late for me, and I refuse to believe that:P
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:59 PM   #10
Miss Cogs

Actually, the more you use your creativity, the better you get at it. It's a conditioning thing. Something I learned in Psychology a few months ago, but tried to apply it to nail bitting habits and failed. :x But that shouldn't stop you! =)
Miss Cogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:09 AM   #11
Madarame

I have to agree with catch, talent will lie in different areas with different people so just try a few different things to see if that helps.
Another thing I find helps is to not think about it too much, I find that the more effort you put in to being creative the more you end up scraping ideas and second guessing youself as well as inadvertantly taking other peoples ideas.

I can't really give much more advice without knowing the kind of stuff you are working on, different things need different approaches and different mindsets. Well that's what I think anyway, I could just be talking out my arse but It seems to mostly work for me.... when I can actually get around to doing something of course.
Madarame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:50 AM   #12
ApothoKeri

It's never too late, many people don't start until much later in life. However, keep in mind that everyone has different interests and talents, some creative, some within the myriad of other possibilities.
ApothoKeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:14 AM   #13
Malice In Wonderland

I only recently found my outlet in oil painting and clothes making.
As the others said.
Try different things.

Also you look like Tom Baker as Dr.Who in your avatar.
You score awesome points for that.
=]
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:58 PM   #14
ApothoKeri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland
I only recently found my outlet in oil painting and clothes making.
As the others said.
Try different things.

Also you look like Tom Baker as Dr.Who in your avatar.
You score awesome points for that.
=]
Hey he does, I thought that looked familiar!
ApothoKeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:23 PM   #15
Darklight689

Everyone has artistic talent in one way or another. It is possible to learn one or the other but everyone...i mean most people are artists in their own way. My friend cant draw that well but he is one of the best musicians i know. I myself cant draw if my life depended on it im trying to learn but i can write and kick ass. Usually for writing spending time alone and reading other peoples work helps for inspiration helps alot, drawing takes practice is all. My friend says i have a thing for fashion as well but i disagree. I dont know about drinking though doesnt seem like the best way. But try reading a variety of work or looking at different art to get ideas.

Oh yeah ass kicking is an art by the way.
Darklight689 is offline   Reply With Quote