Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:51 AM   #1
Apathy's_Child

Anyone draw comics?

Couldn't decide where to put this, so I figured Literature's as good a place as any.

I'm not really into collecting comics or anything, but I do sometimes idle the time away making up crappy stories and drawing comic strips. Do you draw comics, and if so what do you draw, what characters have you made etc?

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:56 AM   #2
Tha Duckman

I used to draw comics a lot. I made up such great characters as :

Bipolar Joe : He got banned after his fifth strip in my college newspaper.

[N'uh] : Could make more, I dunno...

Super Awesome Cool Ninja Type Guy : Real stupid, but people seem to like it.
Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:18 PM   #3
L'Oiseau Noir

I actually draw my own private manga that I distribute in my school. It's called Biohazard Girl, and it takes place in the future after Earth has been destroyed during the revelation. During the revelation, demons overran Earth, as well as angels, but many were killed on both sides. What little humans--who belonged in neither hell or heaven--were left fled to space because earth was barren, populated with demon and angel remnants, and strewn with ruins; there they built several small colonies, which eventually spread farther throughout the universe when more humans were created.

Anyway, that's the synopsis. It chronicles the story of a young teenager named Nemo Tress, who's a cyberpunk and a member of a space pirate crew. He finds a young woman--a weapon created by the military in hopes of cloning so they could retake earth--who was made from the remains of both demon and angel. The scientists had to compensate, you see, for parts. But yeah, it's along the lines of a space opera.

I draw it all on the computer with a tablet, and I touch it up in photoshop. Then, with a laser printer, I print out a couple of copies to distribute to my fellow manga fans in school, or anyone else interested in reading it. It's basically just a hobby of mine--I doubt I'd be able to make a professional work out of it.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:27 PM   #4
Duane

I haven't the talent to draw, so no comic, or manga. I may one day, after my martial arts book is finished, have someone turn it into a manga, or something.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:33 PM   #5
Bella Sophia

Comics are right up my alley, lovez. I'm been drawing since about 4th grade or so? *thinks* In any case, manga is more my style. But, I haven't been drawing as much as I used to. I'm more of a writer now, and I"m currently working on a screen play called Panic High. It's one my most genius ideas, I think, but the ending that I play in my head isn't all that graet. As a matter of fact, I'm not too good with endings....

whoops, I went on a rant off-subject. sowwies

Anyway, I have so many characters, I can't even count. My very first comics were based on me and my friends. Then, I started to draw my own manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_dreams
What the Hell is wrong with you!?!?! who the Hell kill's helpless and innocent babies? that's f***ing sick!!!
Don't you have anything better to do than pollute our forums?!?
Bella Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:03 AM   #6
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
I haven't the talent to draw, so no comic, or manga. I may one day, after my martial arts book is finished, have someone turn it into a manga, or something.
I'm not great at drawing, but I'm getting better and have improved a ton over the last year or so. I'm in it for the stories really - I can unwind in a way I can't with writingbecause instead of trying to create something perfect you can just have fun with it, and let all these weird ideas go.

The first comic I ever drew was like 2 and a half years ago, I had a friend who came out as gay and one night we were getting high and just screwing around and drawing crap. His last name was Lockaday, so I made up a character called Joe Cockaday. After he went home I drew him in all these weird situations. I don't have the strips anymore, he asked if he could have them. Should ask that motherfucker to copy it for me, I'll need it for my autobiography when I'm famous.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:02 PM   #7
Madarame

I've been planning a comic for about three years now, I've got a lot of the characters and plot worked out but I lack the skill and motivation to actually get started. I'm hoping to get it started this year but I pretty sure I said that this time a year ago, so we'll see.
Madarame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:34 AM   #8
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madarame
I've been planning a comic for about three years now, I've got a lot of the characters and plot worked out but I lack the skill and motivation to actually get started. I'm hoping to get it started this year but I pretty sure I said that this time a year ago, so we'll see.
A little tip - don't make the big idea you spent 3 yrs refining the first thing you draw. By the time you finish it, you'll have improved so much you'll think the first drawings you did look like shit. Do plenty of test runs, like drawing particular parts, decide exactly how you want your characters to look and practice drawing them a LOT before you start. You don't want to look at something you've put so much time into and think, "I could do that way better now."