Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-07-2008, 01:48 PM   #26
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I'm sorry that you lost him to such a cruel fate, how is your other rabbit doing? That would be just one scary and unfortunate sight to see.

He sees a rabbit in a condition you usually see reserved for horror novels and he isn't fazed by it? How old is your brother, because if he is young it's natural instinct to feel for another living being and if he doesn't something is seriously wrong with him. If he is older it's possible to not find it disgusting but the fact that he didn't feel responsible for it and thinks he shouldn't be punished suggests he's a spoiled brat. Either way I hope he gets more than just getting sent to his room for one day as punishment.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 02:02 PM   #27
JCC

He doesn't cry over a dead rabbit so he's mentally disturbed? Flawless fucking logic there, Renatus.

It's a bad situation, and I feel sorry for you, but that was the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:20 PM   #28
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I am so, so sorry to hear about your loss Noir. This is terrible.

*Hugs*

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:49 PM   #29
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
He doesn't cry over a dead rabbit so he's mentally disturbed? Flawless fucking logic there, Renatus.

It's a bad situation, and I feel sorry for you, but that was the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.
I never said disturbed, I said spoiled, "thats flawless fucking logic there, JCC".

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 06-07-2008, 09:35 PM   #30
TopHaggardDoll

I am so sorry about your rabbit.

Siblings can be horrible sometimes, I'm sure your parents will sort him out. Hopefully he will realise what he's done very soon.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:41 PM   #31
TheBloodEternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
I never said disturbed, I said spoiled.....
Also, you never said he should have cried, just that he should have been fazed/bothered/felt responsible.
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:29 PM   #32
Tumor

Not to sound insensitive, but that's a fucking epic rat. I've had a few rabbits before, and when threatened or scared they can turn brutal.

I understand what it's like to lose a pet, so for that I'm sorry.
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:43 PM   #33
TheBloodEternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumor
Not to sound insensitive, but that's a fucking epic rat. I've had a few rabbits before, and when threatened or scared they can turn brutal.
I think it was mentioned, though, that the rabbit was sick (had a bad leg.....) so that might have affected its agressiveness.
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 12:37 AM   #34
Lolly PopMuzik

If that wasn't sad enough, the insensitivity on your brother's behalf just drives it home...

Was he ever punished or did he ever give a remotely sincere apology?
Old 06-08-2008, 12:50 AM   #35
Solumina

I'm very sorry to hear about your dear bunny, I know that loosing a pet is never easy and the cause of death must have made it that much more painful. I wish that there was something I could do or say to ease your pain, just know that my thoughts are with you.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:24 AM   #36
LillithDuskcutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
That really has to be one of the most insensitive and pointless comments ever created.
What? Asking her if she wants to borrow my mates python?
I hate rats! They're so... dirty.
Anyhoo.
Methinks that your brother needs to realise what he did. He needs to realise that he made a mistake.
LillithDuskcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:36 AM   #37
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumor
Not to sound insensitive, but that's a fucking epic rat.
I'm so glad someone else was thinking this. If it had been first to draw blood or something instead of to the death, I would have totally wanted to watch that fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskcutter
Rats aren't dirty by nature, certainly not moreso than rabbits. They've just garnered a negative reputation, most likely as a result of their unfortunate role in the spread of the black plague and the fact that their tails aren't fluffy.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:39 AM   #38
Solumina

Rats tend to be quite clean critters, much more so than many other pets
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:39 AM   #39
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillithDuskcutter
What? Asking her if she wants to borrow my mates python?
... you're a complete idiot, you know that right?

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:49 AM   #40
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
I never said disturbed, I said spoiled, "thats flawless fucking logic there, JCC".
"He sees a rabbit in a condition you usually see reserved for horror novels and he isn't fazed by it? How old is your brother, because if he is young it's natural instinct to feel for another living being and if he doesn't something is seriously wrong with him."

You said that there's something seriously wrong with him, because he's not all upset about a rabbit.

That's bullshit.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:50 AM   #41
Wednesday Friday Addams

I get upset over loss of any animal life. Its not something I can control.
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:40 AM   #42
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
"He sees a rabbit in a condition you usually see reserved for horror novels and he isn't fazed by it? How old is your brother, because if he is young it's natural instinct to feel for another living being and if he doesn't something is seriously wrong with him."

You said that there's something seriously wrong with him, because he's not all upset about a rabbit.

That's bullshit.
Well pardon me if I made a mistake in my wording which made you mistake what I meant(it happens all too often) but your response was unnecessarily rude.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:49 AM   #43
JCC

I think it's rather unneccessarily rude to accuse someone you've never met of having something very wrong with them on the basis of their apathy towards rabbits. Some people just don't care about animals, others do, and putting something like "Oh, at his age it's NATURAL to feel something for animals" doesn't make it right or scientific, it means you're pretending that it's scientific.

Also everyone seems to be so busy consoling L'Oiseau Noir to think that it might've been an accident. Shit happens.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:14 AM   #44
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC

Also everyone seems to be so busy consoling L'Oiseau Noir to think that it might've been an accident. Shit happens.
How the fuck can ripping the face off a rabbit be an accident? And how can the fact my brother was too lazy to close the cage after he'd been told three or four times be an accident? Please enlighten me, JCC. My rabbit couldn't have engaged the rat (which had attacked my rabbit before) for the simple fact she was injured already (and scared of it), and wouldn't have taken the chance. I know this for a fact because before she was injured she was extremely aggressive, but when it happened she mellowed out and became very withdrawn. And it was blatant she was frightened of the rat, as whenever it came out, she'd make an attempt to flee every time it came close. But that didn't work this time because she stumbled over her bad leg, flopped over on her side, and became easy prey for it. That's the position I found her lying in when I heard my sister scream.

As for my brother and this whole fiasco being a potential incident, you're wrong. We told him three or four times to close it, and he just got fed up and yelled "fuck you" before plopping his rat down and slamming the porch door shut, then flying away on his bike to his friend's house. Not only that, but as I made note of in the aforementioned paragraph, the rat has attacked that same rabbit in the past, and he was completely aware of it, too.

And to those who're asking about my brother, and what became of him after all of this:

- No, he was only put in his room for a day. Now he has his television and video games back.

- He still hasn't admitted he was wrong about anything, and continues to blame the whole matter on my sister.

- My foolish parents are even thinking of buying him a hamster.

- He's now allowed to go over his friends' houses, when he was initially banned from doing so for three months.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:22 AM   #45
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir
How the fuck can ripping the face off a rabbit be an accident? And how can the fact my brother was too lazy to close the cage after he'd been told three or four times be an accident?
People forget things, and don't bother telling me that you've never forgotten something like that, because unless you write out a schedule for the day on your eyeballs, you're going to forget something at one point.

Quote:
My rabbit couldn't have engaged the rat (which had attacked my rabbit before) for the simple fact she was injured already (and scared of it), and wouldn't have taken the chance. I know this for a fact because before she was injured she was extremely aggressive, but when it happened she mellowed out and became very withdrawn.
Well you weren't exactly expecting the rat to be a rabbitarian, were you? It's in its nature. If anything the rat probably felt threatened itself, though the workings of the animal mind are hardly my forté by any stretch.

Quote:
As for my brother and this whole fiasco being a potential incident, you're wrong. We told him three or four times to close it, and he just got fed up and yelled "fuck you" before plopping his rat down and slamming the porch door shut, then flying away on his bike to his friend's house. Not only that, but as I made note of in the aforementioned paragraph, the rat has attacked that same rabbit in the past, and he was completely aware of it, too.
And you expected me to know this how? Besides, people do and say dumb things when they're angry, you've been saying some silly things yourself in your annoyance.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:38 AM   #46
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
I think it's rather unneccessarily rude to accuse someone you've never met of having something very wrong with them on the basis of their apathy towards rabbits. Some people just don't care about animals, others do, and putting something like "Oh, at his age it's NATURAL to feel something for animals" doesn't make it right or scientific, it means you're pretending that it's scientific.

Facepalm/ you missed the meaning behind me post, so three strikes this pointless argument caused my your misunderstanding is over.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:41 AM   #47
honeythorn

Domestic rats still have the instinct to attack and kill something weaker than themselves even if it is much bigger. They have adapted in the wild to be omnivorous and have been known to take bird chicks that have fallen from the nest, and will also eat roadkill ect... Domestic rats will generally accept and enjoy meat if it is offered or, given the chance to get it in some way. Sadly for L'Oiseau's rabbit it's natural instinct clearly kicked in.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:30 AM   #48
korinna5555

JCC, Renatus.. QUIT ARGUING. The bunny has passed away, and Noir didn't come here for the two of you to argue. You have the ability to PM. USE IT.
Lillith.. Shut the fuck up. You are terribly insensitive and have no clue what you're talking about.

Everybody who wants to talk about something besides comforting Noir, take it somewhere else.

Noir.. darling.. I know how you feel. My brother is never grounded or punished, either. If you want to talk/rant to me privately, just drop me a PM. If you want to talk on the phone, just let me know. I'm here for you, okay? *hugs*
Old 06-08-2008, 11:52 AM   #49
JCC

What did Lillith say that was insensitive? I'm hardly her greatest fan, but why is everyone getting all testy with her over what she said?

We quit arguing a while ago, stop flogging the dead horse.

Also, stop acting like the Net Gestapo.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:08 PM   #50
Xombie

My neighbor's cat brought me a baby bunny yesterday, and I was pretty horrified so I picked up the cat and put it inside. The bunny was just laying there and I thought it was dead, but then I saw it breathing slightly. I wanted to keep it, but it hopped away after I pet it twice. I'm glad it's okay, though.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote