Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:15 PM   #1
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Torado!

The tornado sirens are going off I'm getting to the basement.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #2
Renatus

Ok they are off now, might of been high wind sirens. But still we have a very strong band of storms passing through with at least 3-4 tornados on the ground.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 06-07-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
Renatus

Ugh never mind the number of tornados, all the stations are giving different numbers.

edit 4:26 sirens going off again.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:31 PM   #4
honeythorn

You are so lucky in a way. I've always wanted to see a tornado. Did you get my PM with the video?
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 02:40 PM   #5
korinna5555

We had a buttload of tornadoes on Wednesday, but nothing happened besides a bunch of trees being down. I have pictures, though..
Old 06-07-2008, 02:45 PM   #6
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
You are so lucky in a way. I've always wanted to see a tornado. Did you get my PM with the video?
Well come on over here we have already passed the average number of tornados for a single season and we are barely into tornado season. Right now in case of blackout I've got two candles lit right in front of me.
Yes I did get your video, you have quite the lovely voice.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:47 PM   #7
korinna5555

I want video!
Old 06-07-2008, 02:51 PM   #8
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I hope you and your family and your home are spared!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 02:53 PM   #9
Renatus

Unfortunately camera is currently missing thanks to my family being terrible with keeping track of electronics. But it would be a rather interesting thing to record, especially for those of you who rarely see tornados since you aren't on the edge of tornado alley. I'm only on in the floor of the house that is half underground, so I really should go to the basement.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #10
korinna5555

No, silleh! I want Honeythorn video!
Old 06-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #11
Renatus

Siren going off again, I'm going down. Speak to you again who knows when.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:59 PM   #12
honeythorn

Good luck!
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:03 PM   #13
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Here is the link to the violent weather radar map where Renatus is located, click on the red "Tornado Warning" link in the upper left corner to get the report.

http://www.weather.com/weather/map/i...55?from=search

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:54 PM   #14
Renatus

Back out of the basement again, no tornado's hitting Waukesha(though the winds were swirling so one could have touched down at any moment) but downtown apparently has manhole covers being shot into the air due to the sewers overflowing. There are also the areas right next to the river to worry about. This is the second day in a row of tornado warnings which apparently the weatherman has never heard of here before. Another thing to worry about is Milwaukee's sewer system many times in the past has had to dump unprocessed sewage into Lake Michigan in order to avoid overflow of the sewers backing up into houses.

edit: second wave coming in fast. Looking at the title what is a Torado?

Old 06-07-2008, 04:17 PM   #15
gothicusmaximus

I'm sorry, but that title just made me think "Ruh-oh, Raggy."
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 04:21 PM   #16
lostintranslation

Yeah, we had the sirens and the nonsense here too, but we never actually get the tornado, just the wind and the rain. It's been doing random stop and start raining. One minute it looks ok, 3 seconds later it's pouring, then it just cuts off. I went outside and enjoyed.
lostintranslation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 04:26 PM   #17
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostintranslation
Yeah, we had the sirens and the nonsense here too, but we never actually get the tornado, just the wind and the rain. It's been doing random stop and start raining. One minute it looks ok, 3 seconds later it's pouring, then it just cuts off. I went outside and enjoyed.
Heh back during my freshman year in Earth Science the books we were using actually had a picture of a tornado right behind this one shopping plaza I've been by countless times, my grandfather's neighbor down in Racine's house got hit by a tornado, my father knows the family quite well fortunately no one was hit.
Speaking of disasters right near where my father grew up you heard about the semi crashing into a school bus a week or two ago right? The school the bus was taken them home from is just a walk away from the tornado damaged house and my grandfather's house

Old 06-07-2008, 04:38 PM   #18
lostintranslation

Yeah....strange things happen the further north you go. I like Madison!!!
lostintranslation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 04:44 PM   #19
Renatus

Further North? Waukesha and Racine are to south-south east of Madison.

Old 06-07-2008, 08:28 PM   #20
Renatus

Yay we are getting another day of severe weather tomorrow! This is just completely unheard of around here.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:31 PM   #21
disorder

Tornado season?
Old 06-08-2008, 03:46 AM   #22
Wormboy

Ah, we had a tornado here recently, but it was out pretty fast. Fuck California, we have every natural disaster possible except hurricanes: Flood, blizzard, hail, fire, earthquake, tornado, etc. Not fun.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:20 PM   #23
Renatus

Here are some pictures of the flooding. http://www.wisn.com/slideshow/weathe...97/detail.html
and here is some video of the flooding along with a declaration of a state of emergency by my former 8th grade language arts teacher turned mayor.
http://www.cbs58.com/index.php?aid=3106
and last here is just a bunch of videos about the flooding.
http://www.todaystmj4.com/

Old 06-10-2008, 01:18 PM   #24
Morganite

So glad that we dinnae get tornadoes over here.
But I do wish that we'd get the violent thunderstorms that you get over there.
Morganite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 03:20 PM   #25
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morganite
So glad that we dinnae get tornadoes over here.
But I do wish that we'd get the violent thunderstorms that you get over there.
They are quite amazing, if only they didn't end up causing floods half the time.