Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 05-29-2008, 01:19 PM   #26
Raptor

He isn't a troll.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:24 PM   #27
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor
Source

Also, did you decide on your own to distribute these flyers? Or did Mr Lyne ask you to? I remember you said you've been in contact with him.
No, that was my idea. I e-mail him and ask him permision to use some of his material. I also ask for advice on what I should add or take away. He kindly asked me to add his website address. I am happy to know that he said that he likes my flyer!
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:31 PM   #28
Solumina

There is also no hard evidence to support the ideas you are proposing in this thread but that hasn't stopped you from insisting that they are facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man
Come on, you can take any sloppy drawing of a person drawn with blood or whatever on a cave wall and mistake him/her for an alien if that is what you hope for. I hate to say it, but these are interpretations. The facts are at the mercy of those who come on; you can take any sloppy drawing of a person drawn with blood or whatever on a cave wall and mistake him/her for an alien if that is what you hope for. I hate to say it, but these are based on interpretation. To my knowledge, there has never been a saucer dug up from an archeology dig. And you are relying on cave drawing and stone tablets. I don't buy that.
I don't have a clue as to what this has to do with my post, I didn't even touch on whether or not extraterrestrials are real (aliens on the other hand are quite real, the US has tons of them, both legal and illegal).

In response to your post that was actually about my post: Yes, I learned a great deal about Tesla in school. It started in my eighth grade science class and had at atlast one class every year that included a section on Tesla, up until I graduated from high school. From what I remember I actually have a few years on you, so maybe it wasn't so much when you went to school, but where you went to school.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:56 PM   #29
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
I never ever said or suggested that we are the only ones in this vast galaxy. I am saying that there isn't a single physical scrap of hard evidence that space aliens have visited Earth.
Quoted for the truth.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:06 PM   #30
Opteron_Man

I did change it, among small details, I added (at the request of Bill) the address to Bill Lyne's webpage at the bottem of the front page.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:07 AM   #31
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
In response to your post that was actually about my post: Yes, I learned a great deal about Tesla in school. It started in my eighth grade science class and had at atlast one class every year that included a section on Tesla, up until I graduated from high school. From what I remember I actually have a few years on you, so maybe it wasn't so much when you went to school, but where you went to school.
Yeh we learned about him erm, sometime in secondary school and sixth form (year 7 - 13) and also now at university.

Opteron_Man, I don't understand why you believe William Lyne over other scientists.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:21 PM   #32
Vexik

This thread makes me want to cut myself with Occam's Razor. Maybe I can borrow Newton's.
Vexik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:45 PM   #33
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor
Yeh we learned about him erm, sometime in secondary school and sixth form (year 7 - 13) and also now at university.

Opteron_Man, I don't understand why you believe William Lyne over other scientists.
I believe scientists are lead around by their wallets and can be corupted to say the wrong thing.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:52 PM   #34
Wednesday Friday Addams

Quote:
I believe scientists are lead around by their wallets and can be corupted to say the wrong thing.
Because Academic researchers get payed oh so much(Heck even private researchers are payed the most). You just insulted the whole scientific community.. if you had any idea on how science is managed you would understand that if things are proven wrong in experiments then they are wrong.
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:36 PM   #35
Methadrine

Quote:
Brave words from the guy who seem to look at science as the "faith" part of *this* image.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:53 AM   #36
Raptor

Quote:
And this belief is based on what?
Old 06-06-2008, 10:30 AM   #37
KontanKarite

Please, invent free energy right now. Either revolution or catastrophe is going to happen. Either way, it seems like win/win for me. Free energy or another funny ass addition to the Darwin Awards. Please hurry and amuse me. Please become an hero.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:55 AM   #38
Despanan

This is idiotic. I'm not sure why anyone is even giving enough credence to this idea to attempt to "debate" it. OP actually seems to believe that the laws of physics are lies perpetrated by the "establishment", and therefore his "truth" trumps any argument and any proof that can be brought to the table. It's exactly this kind of diseased thinking that leads to a life of pathetic desperation. We've all met those people (or at least seen them mocked on SA).

People who believe they're really dragons in human form with psychic wings.

People who believe they're goddesses trapped in the form of a destitute mother of two living in a filthy apartment because they're forbidden to use their magic.

People who've watched that moronic Zeitgeist movie and believe they're crusaders against the "Five Jew Bankers" who have been manipulating mankind from the dawn of time.

These are people who are well past what can be considered a rational mind. They desperately cling to fantasy and self-delusion because without that facade their lives are completely empty. The worst part about it is the fact that more often than not this very delusion prevents them from actually doing anything real to better their situation in life.

"Debate" enables this idiocy and encourages them in their delusion, all the while polluting the otherwise rational discourse of real people with real ideas. When someone says tinfoil hat stuff like this they don't deserve debate, they deserve mockery. So

*Points at Opteron_Man*

[Nelson]Ha HA![/Nelson]
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:07 AM   #39
KontanKarite

To Despanan's post, let me try to articulate the gravity and masterful craftsmanship of this flame.

Crafted from the steel of Damascus, encrusted by Persian gold and rare jewels of the world. Desp has masterfully shaped this flame through careful crafting on the forge of "The Internet Hate Machine", lovingly oiled the steel to perfection, meticulously acid sharpened the edge, and ice tempered it into a thing of beauty. Despanan has SLAIN O_M with this finely crafted flame. It was almost too beautiful to use on such an easy target. Much like killing a roach with a bazooka. But oh, was it glorious.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:13 AM   #40
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Much like killing a roach with a bazooka. .
*chort* HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 06:53 PM   #41
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan
This is idiotic. I'm not sure why anyone is even giving enough credence to this idea to attempt to "debate" it. OP actually seems to believe that the laws of physics are lies perpetrated by the "establishment", and therefore his "truth" trumps any argument and any proof that can be brought to the table. It's exactly this kind of diseased thinking that leads to a life of pathetic desperation. We've all met those people (or at least seen them mocked on SA).

People who believe they're really dragons in human form with psychic wings.

People who believe they're goddesses trapped in the form of a destitute mother of two living in a filthy apartment because they're forbidden to use their magic.

People who've watched that moronic Zeitgeist movie and believe they're crusaders against the "Five Jew Bankers" who have been manipulating mankind from the dawn of time.

These are people who are well past what can be considered a rational mind. They desperately cling to fantasy and self-delusion because without that facade their lives are completely empty. The worst part about it is the fact that more often than not this very delusion prevents them from actually doing anything real to better their situation in life.

"Debate" enables this idiocy and encourages them in their delusion, all the while polluting the otherwise rational discourse of real people with real ideas. When someone says tinfoil hat stuff like this they don't deserve debate, they deserve mockery. So

*Points at Opteron_Man*

[Nelson]Ha HA![/Nelson]
Damn.. you were right. EPIC.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:52 PM   #42
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Please, invent free energy right now. Either revolution or catastrophe is going to happen. Either way, it seems like win/win for me. Free energy or another funny ass addition to the Darwin Awards. Please hurry and amuse me. Please become an hero.
I really don't think I can invent a free energy device. I can dig up an old idea and breath life into it.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:02 PM   #43
Despanan

Quote:
I really don't think I can invent a free energy device. I can dig up an old idea that doesn't work and annoy the hell out of the rest of you with it.
fixt!

and now I have to type more characters because the forum won't let me just fix it, so ummm...

*does a softshoe routine*
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote