Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-06-2005, 08:06 PM   #1
gurlgmr

Gothic Wedding

(i think this is the right place to post this and i searched and didn't see anything else on the topic)

I need help. Next Halloween, my fiance and I are having a wedding. I am looking for a small old gothic church in Cincinnati, Ohio to have the ceremony. We already have the gothic entertainment and reception hall (including a haunted house). But we need like EVERYTHING else. Including the church.

We are going to do the whole gothic ceremony.
Gothic Wedding Ceremony

I found a beautiful gown . This gown will be trimmed in black. He will be wearing a leather tux with tails. The rest of the wedding party is going to be wine colored and the flowers will be black magic roses .

I still need help finding a cake, reception favors ideas, who the heck would be able to marry us and where are we going to have the ceremony...

Any and all ideas would be appreciated if you would just take a minute to help me look for these things.

Thanx guys.
gurlgmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 08:34 PM   #2
SpookyKabukidoll

For cakes, why not try two united gravestones, saying something like, "United through life and death." ...or something of the like. Very easy, very spooky. If you're looking for a three-tiered traditional wedding cake, having a local baker make the cake with black (or gray, or red) icing is not difficult. There are spooky wedding cake toppers, like faeries and "Gothic bats" and "Gothic crows" out there. Google it all to hell. :-)

Reception favor ideas? Why not try looking for Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) type gadgets? Usually, if they are bought in bulk, they are pretty cheap, and go away from the Halloween theme, and though not completely unique, they will be fun.

As for who's going to marry you... you can easily have a friend do it, because - thanks to the internet! - anyone can become an ordained minister, ala http://www.ulc.org/ !!! Just make sure you follow those little rules on that ceremony site you already found. ;-)

As for the wedding site, if you're going to have a friend marry you, I suggest having an outdoor wedding, whether in a graveyard, or the backyard of a close friend/relative's house. As for the gloomy churches, that's out of my grasp.

Hope your wedding and your love last an eternity, toots.
SpookyKabukidoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 12:16 PM   #3
Nemesis

none of the links work i wanted to see the dress, what does it look like?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 06:21 PM   #4
gurlgmr

thanx for your replies =) VERY much appreciated...
i'm going ahead and posting the links to those things here since the hyperlink thingy apparently isn't working
sorry about that.... thought it was working

http://www.yosa.com/catalog/romantic/romantic.html (the gown - though i made my own version trimmed in black)

http://mag.weddingcentral.com.au/ceremonies/gothic.htm (the ceremony)

http://www.merrygro.com/shop/detail....mpaign=product (the black magic roses)

sorry those didn't work for you before =/
Old 10-14-2005, 01:46 PM   #5
punkirony

Wow...I really love that gown...a most excellent choice I must say
Old 10-24-2005, 09:08 PM   #6
rockandrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkirony
Wow...I really love that gown...a most excellent choice I must say
I agree

Good choice of roses!
Old 10-25-2005, 07:40 AM   #7
gurlgmr

i'm glad you guys like what i've chosen so far. i STILL have had no luck in finding the venue for the wedding ceremony itself. i really want an old small gothic church. i'm just having no luck in finding one. i'd go with the cemetary idea, but none of my family would show up. they would all think it was some kind of weird joke or something. so that's out of the question.
if you guys come across anything at all in cincinnati, ohio, please please let me know. thanx!!
Old 10-25-2005, 07:48 AM   #8
Oubliette

I went to a medieval themed wedding once. I drank way too much and ate way too much, it was a blast.
Oubliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 09:10 AM   #9
Tall One In Black

Great choice for a gown. Yosa does exquisite work.

As far as location... does it have to be a church? You may have trouble finding one that will lend its facilities to a non-member. Could you do the ceremony and reception at the same location perhaps? You could also look into historic homes, garden clubs, or even museums.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:39 PM   #10
polished_wolf_claws

If I were to get married in a zoo I would have it done away from primates and any tall herbivores *Apparently roses and stuff taste real good*

I'd have a wedding prolly out in the forest.... *Pine and what not*, in a small clearing, only people would be me, the bride, the priest/justice of the peace*or is it Piece?:P* and maybe a few friends. No family. No moms or dads, brothers or sisters. Friends are even iffy.

I doubt my GF would go for the no family thing..... but Oh well.... my wedding fantasy. *Cradles Idea*

"Teh Lordz Satan Protektz me frm ebil in mah PANTS!!!!!11111"
polished_wolf_claws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 03:08 PM   #11
winged_dreams

Oh! That would be fun to go to your wedding. ^^ And I can't wait til I get married although I still have a few years left.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 04:04 PM   #12
needsagrave

I am in love with that gown.
needsagrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 04:17 PM   #13
NyQuil of Doom

Wow, those are the same roses I want at my wedding, if I have one... my bridesmaids' dresses will be the same colour as the roses.

Now all I need is the man. Le sigh. It looks like your wedding will be beautiful, though!
Old 11-28-2005, 04:37 PM   #14
Jane13

X!X! I wanna go to your wedding when you get married.
Party favors... does this help?

http://www.theebasketboo-tique.com/

http://www.trystancraft.com/martha/weddings/index.html

ps BEAUTIFUL dress!
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 06:04 AM   #15
gothictuesday

If you're going to be married in a church, why not whatever church you regularly attend? If you don't attend a church, why be married in one? Think about places that are important to you and can in some way represent the commitment you're making, and choose one of those places, otherwise it's all just about image (which I suppose COULD represent the commitment you're making, if that's what you really want...)
gothictuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 12:05 AM   #16
Blushing Heliophobe

I think Jack and Sally cake toppers would be awesome.

It would be elegant to have black invitations with scarlet lettering!

When me and my hubby got married, we took pictures in the graveyard.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:47 AM   #17
~Angel_Of_Darkness~

I always thought I'd have a gothic wedding...
"And as always, innocent like roller coasters. Fatality is like ghosts in snow and you have no idea what you're up against because I've seen what they look like. Becoming perfect as if they were sterling silver chainsaws going cascading......."
~Angel_Of_Darkness~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:04 PM   #18
angleangel_doom

Ohio...hmmm..nope, but lovely wedding ideas, I must say.
angleangel_doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:03 PM   #19
Corpus_Draconis

Congrats on the marriage. I love the gown. And I like the vows. The roses page wouldn't work for me tho, which is really dissappointing The pictures wouldn't load.

I'd love to have a gothic wedding. I just need to find a guy who wants one as well, and who has family that wouldn't mind. And I'd have to convince my family that it's not a bad thing to be a goth. *watches hope fade*
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:57 PM   #20
Sanctus Dei

*dies*

Your whole idea is insanely beautiful. The vows are inspiring. If your climate allows I would go with an outdoor venture... the closer to nature the better. The wiccan heart in me wants something similar. Now, if you look hard I am sure you could find an ordained wiccan "minister" to marry you. It would be much easier to ensure your vows will not be laughed at, but no matter what... be sure it is exactly what you want.

Corpus: Excuse my terminalogy and disrespect but, fuck your parents. Have the wedding you desire, it's your day not theirs.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 07:26 AM   #21
sms0228

spring grove cemetery

Try Spring Grove Cemetery. There website is www.springgrove.org. I was looking for outdoor wedding ideas and google brought this forum up. I have considered getting married at Spring Grove myself. The grounds and church there are amazing.
sms0228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 12:37 PM   #22
FromTheHallow

That is a beautiful ceremony.

I had started to plan a wedding this summer. The "tying the knot" in your ceremony was a major part of mine. It's an old Celtic tradition. Before a couple were married, they would spend many nights selecting three colors of chord and braiding them. Then, at the ceremony, they would be bound together.

tssskkk..... All this marriage thought is depressing me. I wish you the best of luck. I'll chime in on the subject again later. I appologize.
FromTheHallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 07:46 AM   #23
Underwater Ophelia

Like pretty much everyone else thought, the dress is beautiful. I also really like the vows and flowers.

I'm not really sure about a place, since I live no where near there, but favors could be little bundles with black candles and plastic spiders and gothic love poetry in it.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:45 AM   #24
peeves

Your dress is beautiful, and I found this site http://www.aquinas-multimedia.com/ch...roduction.html with old churches in Cincinnati, I hope it helps
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 02:50 PM   #25
JuliaGaltic

Ugh, you revolting excuse for a human being...*ignore*