Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:40 PM   #1
Anonymoose

Investigative Consumer Reports

What are investigative consumer reports?
In: Credit Reports

Answer

An "investigative consumer report" is a detailed form of a credit report that involves interviews with your neighbors or acquaintances about your lifestyle, character, and reputation.

Investigative consumer reports may be used in connection with insurance and employment applications. You'll be notified in writing when a company orders such a report. The notice will explain your right to request certain information about the report from the company you applied to. If your application is rejected, you may get additional information from the credit reporting agency (CRA). However, the CRA does not have to reveal the sources of the information.

-----------------

Ok... what do you guys think of this or what this actually is? Just curious. Is this just people checking your references on an application or is it more than that?
Anonymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:50 PM   #2
Duane

Tits are fun to squeeze.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:30 AM   #3
Wednesday Friday Addams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
Tits are fun to squeeze.
And how would you know?
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:01 AM   #4
Anonymoose

Oooh, burn.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:14 AM   #5
Technowitch

Eh, I don't much like the idea of ICRs; it's far too easy for someone with a grudge to give you a bad rep and ruin your employment chances, since the company probably doesn't check the backgrounds of the source. I don't know why businesses rely upon them at all--it's not like one's behavior outside of work will necessarily reflect their behavior at work, nor is it a good indicator of their competence.
Technowitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:19 AM   #6
Anonymoose

Yeah, they've been in effect for a decade now.

I honestly don't know if that's kosher with me that there's some kind of document out there that employers can get that has "dirt" on me as a person in private.

They say your anonymity is protected and that past employers can only tell new employers the date that you were hired and the date that you stopped working there. But it's not clear to people that an employer from the past can leave information about how you are in a document to the credit companies that CAN be looked up.

Criminal Record? Sure
Credit Report? Understandable
ICR? No way. Hell no. We don't need documents about who we are based on the interactions of failed personal and professional relationships.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:03 AM   #7
Tea and Cake or Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday Friday Addams
And how would you know?
He's got his own pair, ya'know.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:10 PM   #8
Clockwork

You know, I immediately assumed it was I Am Great who made that interjection, until I happened to notice Duane's username in the quote.