Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 06-29-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
Samyania

Hey London Goths

Okay brief question (well, long question requiring a brief answer):
I don't live in your lovely city, but I've visited twice, and of course have been through Camden Town and intend to return to both as soon as possible.
I also really like socks.

So. My question is, did the place with the massive sock selection survive the fire?

I can never remember which market is which, and I can't recall the name of the store itself to look it up, but I think I recall it being next to the godawful loli-knockoff place, which I in turn think I recall being one of the places that was burned.
Hopefully 'the sock place' is enough of a descriptor, sorry for waiting long enough to ask this that it's become something of a non sequitur.
Samyania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:15 PM   #2
Delkaetre

No, it didn't. My friend was manager there, and was most distraught by it all. None of that section survived, all of the lock market on that side is gone. The Stables survived (the bit across the road, with the big food court, Cyberdog, etc), but the Lock's all gone. Probably going to turn into trendy offices or something.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:30 AM   #3
Samyania

Oh no.
Now I'm sad all over again.
I knew I should have bought more socks.
Samyania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:31 PM   #4
Delkaetre

http://www.sockdreams.com/_shop/edit/index.php
all the socks you could ever want, and more. Including many not stocked by the now-defunct Lock Market.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:50 PM   #5
electrosexual

Am I the only one who finds this a bit tactless? Like people got injured and many could have died.
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:02 PM   #6
DepthsofSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrosexual
Am I the only one who finds this a bit tactless? Like people got injured and many could have died.
Not really. Yes people got hurt, fortunately from what I heard, no one died. But that is over, there is an economic and physical side to the loss of a market place. Complaining or lamenting that fact is not tactless. Even after 9/11, people had to consider the loss of their workplace, the files and the office space.

We had a historic set of buildings burn down in my town (including the town pharmacy). A few people were injured, but no fatalities. The big loss what these historic structures and the artifacts within them.

Goffs think you have to rip off the wings of a butterfly to show your love.

Goths know that love has already broken the wings of a butterfly on a wheel.
DepthsofSpace is offline   Reply With Quote