Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 07-05-2008, 09:07 PM   #51
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I had a good core till I stopped Pilates, hehe.

Since when do you know what my legs look like? XD

Though Irish sounds good, as we have a very accomplished Irish dancer there, and watching her move, I don't know whether she's dancing or just flying around the room, her foot work is just sublime.
Sir Canvas Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:12 PM   #52
MollyMac

I have a very active imagination when beautiful men are involved. You are a beautiful man. I imagine you to have killer legs- and if not, you will after some Irish footwork.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:15 PM   #53
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Haha! Aww shucks ! o^_^o

There is one video of my "dancing" floating around but it's not really dancing, more just me being an idiot and rhaping someone's house (but with some style) while they film it. Obviously that's not the kind of dancing I do for proper performance, but I can direct you to it if you want XD

Is there a video or will we ever see a video of the Molly busting a move for us?
Old 07-05-2008, 09:23 PM   #54
faye_falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
the South-Midwestern Middle class tri-fecta of Tap/Jazz/Ballet
Heh, been there, done that. It's cool to see other dancers on here--I do ballet myself, almost professionally. I'd love to try some less pretentious danceforms...that Medieval circle stuff looks like good fun!
faye_falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:39 PM   #55
roserougesang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
That's stupid.
When the fuck have I acted like a martyr?
And when the fuck did I start to hate goths?

Virtually all of your posts contain bullshit like this. I really wonder if you're autistic.
I found the autism remark somewhat offensive, Jillian. I have high-functioning autism and I don't do or say half the bullshit that Catch does. I see your point in being pissed off at Catch but please don't bring mental issues into this.

On a more positive note, that male belly dancer in the video MollyMac posted was AMAZING, how the hell can someone make their belly roll like that?! o.O
No greater love than mine.
-Annie Lennox, Love Song For A Vampire-

Rouge Z. Hatter has FINALLY returned to Gnet!
roserougesang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:52 PM   #56
Solumina

I think it was more directed at the fact that she doesn't seem to pick up on things and the fact that her posts can be kind of awkward, not something saying that those with autism are sucky
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:11 PM   #57
MollyMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey
Haha! Aww shucks ! o^_^o

There is one video of my "dancing" floating around but it's not really dancing, more just me being an idiot and rhaping someone's house (but with some style) while they film it. Obviously that's not the kind of dancing I do for proper performance, but I can direct you to it if you want XD

Is there a video or will we ever see a video of the Molly busting a move for us?
I'll have to either dig the archives o'shame or make some hew cuts. I'll try to pull something together if you will
Old 07-05-2008, 10:28 PM   #58
MollyMac

All I could find was this clip of me dicking around, setting up a choreography idea. Some of it worked, some didn't. You have to excuse the arms as they are the last to get planned, all I worked on was hips (maya and belly) and feet. It's step one of choreography, put on the music and move and see what feels natural and then build on steps. It ended up being a sword dance that looked little like this. I will see if anyone has the clip of me actually dancing.

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...t=DSCN1207.flv
Old 07-06-2008, 12:55 AM   #59
Sir Canvas Corpsey

what you do sounds similar to what I do to choreograph something.

I enjoyed it and you can rolls much better than I can, all I can do is make the tummy in and out rapidly and slowly... nothing more XD

Lets see; here's a video fo me dicking around, it has a few moments that were worthy of some attention but mostly just me being an idiot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1g769gIqKY

Hopefully I can get something new and proper filmed soon, which'll probably happen not next week but the week after at the soonest
Old 07-06-2008, 08:20 AM   #60
MollyMac

Bare minimum- you seem to be having an awesome time goofing around and have a good sense of humor in your moves- some seem half burlesque and then half classical at turns.

I dig using your hair as a prop!! You seem to get serpentine moves easy but could benefit from getting more control and isolation on them- instead of blending the moves into one fluid motion, try popping and lockign them alternately to get a more muscled tightness and strength. COntrasting the fluid movements with almost mechanical and immediate stops is fun and shows greater intensity.

As far as critique- yeah, you're dicking around and working out some moves. I see the main thing is that your upper body is in control of the dancing. This is not bad, it it just not my taste. When teh upper body is controlling what you do, when it is the focus, the feet can get sloppy and that detracts from what you want to do from the waist up.

Focusing on one aspect or showing off one portion of the body is part of it all, but not to the point where you forget your posture or placement of the non-starring extremities.

To illustrate- In Highland, we dance from the feet up, and teh focus is on knees and pointe. BUT- if the arms are an afterthought and sloppy, all the judge will see are sloppy arms and not killer turn-out.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:39 AM   #61
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch
Thank you, most of you. Some of you, not so much thanks.
You should be thanking the people who tell it like it is. They're saving you a lot more embarrassment.

Quote:
It was actually a fairly good experience. Now I am thinking about making a video about dancing badly. As being titled "the Worst Dancer in America" that could be rather neat.
Doing that is the most transparent way of hiding your shame ever. Laughing at yourself doesn't mean people laugh with you, they still laugh at you, and you know it.

Quote:
Think I'll make a test video on YouTub. If there are any investors thinking the venture is worthwhile, contact me.
DON'T FUCKING DO IT.

Quote:
Anyone reading the defense on this, I've also tried out for "Last Comic Standing." Watching John Oliver today, he made an excellent point. The biggest reason why comedians are comedians is they can sustain a greater amount of embarassment.
The biggest reason why comedians are comedians is because they're funny. You flit from thing to thing each of which you seem to have no particular flair for. For fucks sake woman, get a goddamn attention span.

Quote:
You have no idea of what being an exhibitionist means.
Exhibitionism means prancing around aimlessly like the Irish population of Boston on Saint Patrick's Day? I bet those naked people feel like idiots now.

Quote:
I am not acting like a martyr. I am trying to capitalize off of the experience.
How can you capitalize off of epic fucking failure? REALITY CHECK.

Quote:
You should look less effeminate.
Godslayer Jillian is hot. If his effeminate nature lends to that, I don't care.

Quote:
George Walker Bush has done a lot for this country, regardless of whether you want to admit it.
Yeah, 9/11 was the high point of his political career. (I'm not a conspiracist; involuntary consequence)

Quote:
You act like a martyr for no reason. Hateing Goths, but still feeling oddly drawn to the website. Why don't stick it?
Jillian doesn't hate Goths, you suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears
Good job getting up there and trying. Kudos to you.
Do you not get it? You're planting delusions of grandeur and it's forcing her into making a fucking fool of herself. Anyone with any sort of basic human compassion would tell Catch the truth rather than filling her head with bullshit and martyrdom.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:22 AM   #62
MollyMac

No, let the failures enable each other. It makes for great television for them to watch while pitying their lives. it's like the fucking Special Olympics reading through this thread, only without the heartwarming part of people overcoming their limitations to achieve something worthwhile.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #63
Sir Canvas Corpsey

That was from a while ago, last year I believe so I'd like to believe my current dancing shows more refined body control and technique. But yes what you said about being mindful of the parts that aren't being focused on in a phrase is something I must do. I often find one part of me is good but the other is sloppy.

Hopefully I can do a splendid performance of my technical solo which is contemporary blended with Japanese Kabuki Theatre, as it shows some of that locking and shifts from fluid locomotion to mechanical movement-stillness-movement and so forth.

Though I always feel that my dances are quite as good as they could be as I don't have a Power move per se, some amazing move that few people will do, like a girl in my class; Carmen; hers is using her amazing flexibility, she'll do a headstand do full splits with her legs up in the air and she'll just rotate them, simple but looks just amazing and stomach twisting.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:59 PM   #64
Catch

I guess so. It was in town. I haven't taken professional classes, just go to clubs and stuff like that. It was mainly in town. Thought it would be fun, but I don't really dance anymore either. Everything combined, Nigel wanted me to stop lying about my credentials, it probably went better than expected.

Either way, I believe that in sight of everything. I was dubbed "the Worst Dancer" so I should angle off of that. It is way better than sitting here saying, "They don't know anything. I'm the best dancer in the world."

My edge is in being the worst dancer.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:12 PM   #65
Godslayer Jillian

Your edge is pathological denial.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 06:28 PM   #66
Xombie

Quote:
I guess so. It was in town. I haven't taken professional classes, just go to clubs and stuff like that. It was mainly in town. Thought it would be fun, but I don't really dance anymore either. Everything combined, Nigel wanted me to stop lying about my credentials, it probably went better than expected.

Either way, I believe that in sight of everything. I was dubbed "the Worst Dancer" so I should angle off of that. It is way better than sitting here saying, "They don't know anything. I'm the best dancer in the world."

SHIT, WOMAN. Quit trying to find an excuse to be noticed! According to YouTube, you're in a pool of other "worst dancers ever," so quit thinking that you have something super special about you that must be recognized through YET ANOTHER fucking video. For your sake and mine, just don't do it.

Either you never really thought you were a good dancer before you tried out for the show, thus wasting the time of the judges, other performers, and avid So You Think You Can Dance watchers, or you don't think that you're a terrible one now, because you changed your mind extremely fast. Then again, it could be that you're a spineless toad, and that you will go with whatever some judge on a television show told you.

You are doing whatever it takes to be on YouTube or television. I have to ask, why? As far as I'm concerned, you lack any talent that is generally thought of to be entertaining, but you're not bad enough to make it funny or amusing. Nobody is going to watch you. Why do you not get this?
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 06:29 PM   #67
Catch

BTW nice videos MollyMac and Sir Canvas Corpsey. It is always important to be yourself.

Did I mention I got a fan letter. They said I am a positive person.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:47 PM   #68
MollyMac

To what end are you doing this? Some kind of fame thing, boredom? Why pursue something that is essentially worthless and forgettable as soon as the worst-er or worst-est dancer come along- something you didn;t work for but worked against?
Old 07-06-2008, 07:52 PM   #69
Godslayer Jillian

Is there such a thing as failure complex?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:03 PM   #70
MollyMac

More like a failure simple
Old 07-06-2008, 08:29 PM   #71
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I love the way she continues to carry her head high despite the comments; some people are crucified for being wimps and whipped, and here Catch comes along and doesn't cave in, and everyone goes nuts! I love it.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:52 PM   #72
Wormboy

Quote:
Someone uploaded the video footage of my performance on "So You Think You Can Dance." I know this is a multi-national site, so now you too can see it. People are leaving the worst comments about me all over the YouTube footage. Oh well, I should just feel so much more awful about everything but I don't.

Here is the high-quality video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyHUtO5UgPU

Here is the low-quality video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-GJnIg8iG8

Here is my defense:
http://www.printnpost.com/blogs/4235...ance-2008.html
They weren't too harsh, you danced terribly.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:52 AM   #73
LiUsAiDh

... But it wasn't even so bad it was funny, it was just boring, and nothing happened. I could do that. Correction, I DO do that. But I don't chuck it on YouTube, as a blatant plea for attention; I just ignore it and dance as little as possible. >_>

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:51 AM   #74
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Quote:
Dance is emotive, but emotion without technique and skill is just a hippie waving her arms
Same goes for visual art. I've heard people say that technique is restrictive ("Just paint! Express yourself! That's all you need to do"), but I think that if you don't know how to say what you want to say, it's going to be dashed hard to say it.

Quote:
http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c...nt=DSCN1207.flv
I say! Loreena McKennitt! That was pretty cool, Molly. I'd like to see one of your finished dances sometime.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:10 AM   #75
JCC

Quote:
You don't have an edge! Imagine that you had spent your entire life dancing, honing your craft, respecting it as an art form and then someone comes in and does the YMCA, proclaiming themselves as an amazing dancer. You'd be pretty fucking annoyed and feel that your time was being wasted too.

You meander from one thing to the other holding on desperately to the hope that you might become famous at something, even if it's at being a failure, but you're not going to be. Either find something that you want to do and work for it or stop being a twat, wasting everyone's time and waiting to be beatified by a bunch of idiots when someone says something harsh BECAUSE IT'S TRUE.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote