Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:20 AM   #51
CandyKorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack
Shit, I would have gotten some people and bum rushed the cops. .
Hell yeah! I'm with you on that shit! This really pisses me off and shocks me that something this hostile would happen to some innocent boy for trying to stand up for what he believes in. What the fuck happened to Freedom Of Speech?! It's in the fucking Bill of Rights! -
Amendment 1 - "Freedom Of Speech assures United States citizens that they have the right to voice their opinions. That means Americans can express views that others may find offensive. They can even speak against the government. Freedom of speech can't be denied unless it's accompanied by actions that threaten or harm other people."

BULLSHIT! They need to take this out of the Bill of rights because it sure as hell DOESN'T "ASSURE" FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

How can this shit happen? It's completely counterfactual ! He did nothing wrong and he got arrested!
CandyKorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:25 AM   #52
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyKorns
Amendment 1 - "Freedom Of Speech assures United States citizens that they have the right to voice their opinions. That means Americans can express views that others may find offensive. They can even speak against the government. Freedom of speech can't be denied unless it's accompanied by actions that threaten or harm other people."

BULLSHIT! They need to take this out of the Bill of rights because it sure as hell DOESN'T "ASSURE" FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

How can this shit happen? It's completely counterfactual ! He did nothing wrong and he got arrested!
He was on private property.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:47 AM   #53
CandyKorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Yeah what after they kicked him out for asking questions? He still wasn't "Assured" Freedom of Speech!
CandyKorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:24 AM   #54
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyKorns
Yeah what after they kicked him out for asking questions? He still wasn't "Assured" Freedom of Speech!
You don't understand how freedom of speech works.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:46 AM   #55
Ishan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-PcS-s9WtQ

...The whole fucking room just sat there...
This is why we have the right to keep and bear arms, but slowly that right has been surrendered b/c supposedly the "authorities" know better.

Now the gloves should come off. We live in a state that is slowly turning fascist, and as we tolerate this kind of police behavior, we will find it spreading b/c no person decides to take a stand. Taking a stand can be dangerous, though.

Early this year I realized I was participating in an socioeconomic atrocity, and I decided to blow the whistle on those orchestrating it. I have been paying the economic and legal price since, including being arrested, myself, on July 18 for a crime I did not commit. The state attorney's office here (Florida) has yet to pick up the charges - but the police should not have arrested me in the first place - two months after the "alleged crime" occured.

Want to know more? Learn about the Pompano Helicopters, Metro Networks and Westwood One lawsuits.

Kontan, you are young; don't lose that youthful fire. Let things like this burn you! We need that kind of fire to scorch an establishment running amok, trampling our rights whilst engaging in a brand of propagandized "public safety" and "public interest".

It was absolutely wrong for the police to arrest this man; it was horrible that no one in the room did anything, for fear of reprisal themselves. It was dastardly that John Kerry paid fucking lip service to this man's right to speak, all the while watching him being arrested.

The police came for this man, and nobody helped. When they come for the next man and nobody helps him, who will be left when they come for you?
Ishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:48 AM   #56
Ishan

Quote:
That statement makes you a damned fool. There is the letter of the law, and the spirit of the law. Learn the difference.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:57 AM   #57
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishan
That statement makes you a damned fool. There is the letter of the law, and the spirit of the law. Learn the difference.

Be nice.
Ophelia said it in a simple manner.
That doesn't make her a damn fool..
If anything that makes you one, for starting confrontation and being an ass.
MitsyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:06 AM   #58
Ishan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsyMayhem

Be nice.
Ophelia said it in a simple manner.
That doesn't make her a damn fool..
If anything that makes you one, for starting confrontation and being an ass.
Didn't mean to be an ass, or come across that way - but my anger can get the best of me. *Apologies to Ophelia*
Old 08-18-2008, 07:52 AM   #59
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Funny, how you're calling me a fool and yet don't realize that not only do I know the difference, I'm commenting on the letter, and not the spirit.

Also, it's stupid to apologize when you could have just used your brain in the first place.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:12 AM   #60
Tam Li Hua

Ophie, just accept the friggin' apology; you don't have to be a rude-ass b*tch -every- time someone screws up in your eyes. :/ Besides, it's not like you haven't misjudged someone or misspoken on t3h Internetz before yourself.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:01 PM   #61
Underwater Ophelia

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I explicitly stated I did or didn't accept the apology.

I just commented on how it's stupid to apologize when you could just think ahead.

Also...can you please not apply your way of thinking to my behavior?
Old 08-19-2008, 07:46 AM   #62
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
I'm sorry, I didn't realize I explicitly stated I did or didn't accept the apology.

I just commented on how it's stupid to apologize when you could just think ahead.

Also...can you please not apply your way of thinking to my behavior?
No, I don't believe I can.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:48 AM   #63
Ishan

Hmmmm ... I believe there are some raw nerves in here ... perhaps a nice antiseptic would help?

OUCH!
Old 08-19-2008, 12:04 PM   #64
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Hmmmm ... I believe there are some raw nerves in here ... perhaps a nice antiseptic would help?

OUCH!
Make mine a double, and throw in some Hydrogen Peroxide for flavor! XD