Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 08-28-2008, 02:15 PM   #251
Deadmanwalking_05

You have stupid asses like that on both sides of the subject,both pro-gun and anti-gun.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:25 PM   #252
Saya

Well its more of a youtube epidemic. I generally never read them anymore, it hurts my brain.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:36 PM   #253
Deadmanwalking_05

I gave up on the comments along time ago,it seems like instant troll bait on there.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:10 PM   #254
Deadmanwalking_05

Any bow or firearms designs that some of the folks might like to post,pics,or vids as long as it is about the shooting sports,hunting,or other firearms related matters please feel free to post them here.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:00 PM   #255
Splintered

If you want to learn how to properly and safely hold a pistol, watch this video:

Todd Jarrett on Pistols

Deadmanwalking: What are you going to be using your revolvers for? I know you said carry, but what kind of carrying? Open Carry? CCW? Hunting carrying?
Old 08-28-2008, 05:33 PM   #256
Deadmanwalking_05

To answer your question Splintered for C.W. carry and for small to medium game harvesting.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:06 PM   #257
Deadmanwalking_05

(The Following is a bit of Gunnie humor)

At last an un-tapped market....A mouse gun that actually works for Mice.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=387345
Old 08-29-2008, 06:17 AM   #258
Vlad

All i can say is,i bet the two men that broke into my house last year are against firearms.I put a round in both.No telling what would have happend if i wasnt able to defend my family.And ill do it again if it happens again.If your against firearms,its only because you havent been in a LIFE and DEATH situation to where a gun was needed.Because i refuse to believe any SANE person would rather be butchered and killed then shoot the fuckers attacking.
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:53 AM   #259
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad
If your against firearms,its only because you havent been in a LIFE and DEATH situation to where a gun was needed.Because i refuse to believe any SANE person would rather be butchered and killed then shoot the fuckers attacking.
I have been in a life and death circumstance with firearms. I am against firearms. I am still alive, obviously. I am clinically sane. I would rather be killed than kill, because I am not a murderer.

Discuss.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:44 AM   #260
Vlad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiUsAiDh
I have been in a life and death circumstance with firearms. I am against firearms. I am still alive, obviously. I am clinically sane. I would rather be killed than kill, because I am not a murderer.

Discuss.
Self defense isnt murder.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #261
Saya

Quote:
It is. Is legally justified murder.

Rather than you know, murder an intruder, why not shoot them in the leg or something?
Old 08-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #262
Joker_in_the_Pack

Taking another human being's life is murder. It doesn't matter who does it or why.
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:52 AM   #263
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
*points to the two posts above and smiles*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
Old 08-29-2008, 11:54 AM   #264
Vlad

Thats rediculous.Self defense isnt murder.Thats why its legal.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:58 AM   #265
Vlad

So your saying our troops in iraq are nothing more than murderers?
Old 08-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #266
Vlad

I guess that ended that.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:05 PM   #267
LiUsAiDh

Yup, the people in the army who have killed, are murderers.

Self defence isn't always legal, it only is if you use 'reasonable' force.

Also, since when has the law been what's right. I'm talking ethically, which is more important than the law.

I mean, in the UK there's a law that you can't display mince pies in shop windows on thursday (or something along those lines).

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle2251280.ece

There's a website to teach you how sucky the law is.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:05 PM   #268
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
I guess that ended that.
Nope. I was typing and watching a DVD.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:34 PM   #269
Vlad

murder

noun
1. unlawful premeditated killing of a human being by a human being

Murderer
noun
a criminal who commits homicide (who performs the unlawful premeditated killing of another human being) Key words here being PREMEDITATED.And UNLAWFUL.

Soldiers are NOT murderers.Nor was i found to be one when i shot the two i shot.I am a killer though.And will kill again to protect my family.Firearms makes that easier for ME.I promote them.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:39 PM   #270
Saya

The dictionary doesn't quite define it, it defines FIRST DEGREE murder, which is premeditated. Second degree and manslaughter are not premeditated, but are still murder.

Soldiers are indeed murderers hired by governments to eradicate an enemy. You are a murderer if you killed someone, even if you perceived them as a threat. Its just that legally there are no consequences for you.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:55 PM   #271
Vlad

Manslaughter
. the unlawful killing of a human being without malice aforethought.

first–degree murder
: a murder that is committed withpremeditation or during the course of a serious felony (as kidnapping) or that otherwise (as because of extreme cruelty) requires the most serious punishment under the law

second–degreemurder
: a murder that is committed without premeditation but with some intent (as general or transferred intent) or other circumstances not covered by the first-degree murderstatute

third–degree murder
: a murder that is not first- or second-degree murder: as a : a murder committed in the perpetration of a felony not listed in thefirst-degree murder statute

I see nothing here that defines our soldiers.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #272
Saya

Because they are not legally viable by your government, that wouldn't make sense seeing as they work for the government. But at the same time the government can detain soldiers of the other side of the conflict and hold them up to the "law", because they dared to defend their country against a perceived threat.

The law sadly isn't justice.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #273
LiUsAiDh

Your definitions are all based on the meanings of them in law courts. Not anywhere else. My personal principals, along with most other people it seems, are that killing a human = murder.

Even if you chose to go along with your point, all you've proved is I made a language error. You haven't actually disproved my original point.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:03 PM   #274
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
The law sadly isn't justice.
Quoted for truth.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:04 PM   #275
Joker_in_the_Pack

I am not talking about the laws of this stupid country I'm talking about simple English. Murder is killing another human being. No two ways about that. Yes, our troops in Iraq are fucking murderers. Our president is a fucking murderer, and yes, you two, Vlad, are a fucking murderer. You could have shot them in the knee caps, they would have been down, or the shoulder, or the leg. What you did was kill two human beings, you're a murderer.
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote