Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:25 PM   #1
AngelikDemonik

DIY Halloween Costume help!

This season I'm going to be working at a haunted house with my boyfriend as his make-up assistant/general assistant. Aside from helping him apply make-up to all the actors, part of my job includes going around the house to give all of the actors water, cough drops, etc...Due to the fact that I'm going to have to walk around the house, I have to be in costume.

I really have no bloody clue as to what to do with myself. I'm fine with the make-up, and my boyfriend suggested the zombie nurse thing as I have a lot of scrubs, a stethoscope, and white nursing shoes, but I think it's a bit over done...and I don't want to ruin my scrubs as I really do work in the medical field.

I was thinking of doing one of the seven deadly sins...particulary wrath...but I have no idea as to what to do for a costume. I plan on making my own costume as money is tight and most Halloween costumes are campy looking/over-priced/cheap/slutty looking.

Any ideas as to how I achieve the look of wrath? I'm fine with the make-up...it's nothing a little red/purple eyeshadow, fake blood, and liquid latex can't take care of, but I really suck when it comes to coming up with ideas for clothes... Thanks...

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:36 PM   #2
Saya

A few years ago while channel surfing I happened upon America's Next Top Model, and paused because they were shooting in a cemetery and dressing up as the seven deadly sins. This was wrath:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2021/...828954.jpg?v=0

This other pic I found:
http://images.gfxartist.com/images/A...ull/138949.jpg

However I cannot think of an original idea, but i hope these will help a bit ^_^
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:37 PM   #3
AngelikDemonik

Thank you, Saya. Those are both beautiful pictures...It's giving me some ideas...

Old 09-16-2008, 12:19 AM   #4
Minyaliel

Also, look into traditional "wrathful" deities and/ or demons like Kali. =) Now, I´m not saying you have to dangle severed heads or something, but it still could be a source of inspiration.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:39 PM   #5
Noirette

What about some red vinyl pants, a tight red top\corset, and some glove-sleeves like those: http://www.sharpe-designs.com/images/cat%20sleeves.JPG
Same as here, basiclly, only red:
http://www.goth-style-secrets.com/images/decadent2.jpg

It's quite easy to alter, and with some proper make-up and maybe weapon it can look stunning.

Good luck, anyway.
Noirette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:58 PM   #6
Deadmanwalking_05

Do you have a box of Latex Gloves laying around?

Ever thought of going as a burn victim?

You can make scabs and scars (as well as other effects with that material) all you need is a bottle or two of spirit gum,a pair of scissors ,and something to blend it with your skin tone.

(You learn a lot from doing horror films on a shoe string budget)
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:03 PM   #7
AngelikDemonik

Miny--The severed head idea is actually quite good. I was thinking about getting a small one and putting it on a a key chain or something and strapping it onto one of my belts

Noirette--My boyfriend is already going to be rocking the red vinyl pants, but I've been thinking about getting a corset or a waist cincher in black, then getting some type of red shirt and ripping it up to wear underneath.

Deadman--We are probably going to have a real burn victim because some of the guys are going to be doing fire acts outside for the people waiting in line (just kidding, they're all pros). I've decided on using some toilet paper and liquid latex to make a few scars on my face/arms.

Does anyone know of any type of powder or liquid face makeup that will help me look more pale? I'm not going to be using any of the special effects makeup (aside from what I'm doing with the scars), and the foundation/powder I have right now doesn't lighten up my face as much as I would like it to for what I'm going to be doing...I have to look much more dramatic than what I typically do. I used to have some real good pallor powder, but unfortunately, I ran out, and I cannot find the website I ordered it from a few years ago (that, and it was really expensive).

Thanks for all of your suggestions =)

Old 09-22-2008, 04:47 PM   #8
Minyaliel

If you can get it, TVPaintstick or Numeric Proof are great for looking paler. I use NP´s 10 Ivory on an everyday basis, and always use the greasepaint stick when on stage. Look for number 1, if you´ve already got pale skin, it will make it look pretty much a natural shade of white- ish flesh. I´m wearing it in this photo (costume party). As for powder, use normal baby powder, it will make your skin look paler, and is dirt cheap.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote