Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:04 PM   #26
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelleDameSansMerci
We have 0.95 or 1.00 $CD gas per litre here, so that would be about 4.25$US per gallon.

I don't drive, even though I'm 21.
The Canadian dollar isn't worth 4x the value of the American dollar. $ 1 CD is actualy almost the exact same in value as the Aermican dollar.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:07 PM   #27
Saya

Didn't you hear? Our dollar plummeted. Its about .85 cents American. Plus you convert liters to gallons.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:17 PM   #28
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Didn't you hear? Our dollar plummeted. Its about .85 cents American. Plus you convert liters to gallons.
Oh I didn't catch the Liter part, I'm used to gas only being spoken of in gallons. But the canadian dollar has dropped as you said and as of October 15th 2008 (today)
the American dollar is worth
1.1804 Canadian dollars
.573658 British Pounds
and .737083 Euros (I hope I don't need to specify where the euro is used)

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:19 PM   #29
Saya

The Canadian dollar is worth 84.18 American dollars, by "our dollar" I meant the Canadian one. It used to be about the same as the American but its dropping.

http://canadianpress.google.com/arti...GXhTwieNipn0FA
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:58 AM   #30
crucifix

whoop dee dee. gas is cheaper. but my hours at work are still being cut and the economy is still crashing. but at least I can finally somewhat afford gas to get to my shitty job now
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:11 AM   #31
Tam Li Hua

crucifix: Yikes! Sorry to hear that. x_x;; What kind of job is it?
Old 10-16-2008, 11:34 AM   #32
Dead Angel

Commodity X goes up 10 to go down 2. So what?
Dead Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:16 PM   #33
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBloodEternity
That's insane.
Welcome to the UK.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:22 PM   #34
Solumina

Funny how the prices supposedly went up because the price of oil went up but now that the economy has taken a nose dive gas prices have fallen over $1 per gallon and are continuing to drop.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:07 PM   #35
Jonathan

It is really sad that I was happy about seeing 2.99 / gallon for regular unleaded.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:00 PM   #36
xParadigmx

I saw a sign that said 2.39 today! 0_0 WOW. havent seen that number in almost a year.
xParadigmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:41 PM   #37
noveleigh

It's $2.99 here as well, and I was absolutely thrilled.
noveleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:48 PM   #38
dead_dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
It is really sad that I was happy about seeing 2.99 / gallon for regular unleaded.
That is sad.
dead_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:36 PM   #39
MegearaErotica

2.92 here! My parents are having a party because of it...
Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:19 AM   #40
noveleigh

*blink*

They're having a party because gas has gone down? Wow, that's really happy! I giggled a little at that.
noveleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:32 PM   #41
franco

just thank Canadians for voting again for a moron who gives you our oil for cheap
(in Quebec, we have to buy it in Venezuela)
franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:35 PM   #42
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_dreams
yes the gasoline prices are going down. but that means more people will be fighting for it we seriously need to get off of gas
Quoted for truth. It'll only happen again.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:39 PM   #43
sagicapri25

Our gas here just went to $2.79 a gallon.

My father's theory about gas prices and renewable fuels is that as the gas price goes down, the interest in green fuels and renewable energy goes down as well. People begin to feel secure again, and that can be bad for the search for new resources.

In some ways, I hope the gas price goes up so much that we as consumers are forced to begin using hybrid cars and other green options(closet environmentalist, and yes I have a car).

I think that once we depend less on big oil, the cheaper all of the green resources(cars, home heating, etc.) will be, because they will be in such high demand. Then again, it may lead to big green chaos. Who knows, GO EARTH or something like that.
sagicapri25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:54 PM   #44
††BlackRose††

The gas prices are sooo crazyy. They jump higher for no reason what-so-ever, and it takes ages to climb back down again. The price SHOULD be lower considering the barrel of oil price has dropped. I don't really understand the reasons as to why it shot up and never came down again. There are some cities here in Canada where transportation isn't the best (in comparison to Europe).

I think maybe they should consider improving public transportation so that people can ease up on the dependency of their cars.

I agree with sagicapri25, in the sense that we shouldn't need to be on freak-out mode when the gas prices are so high. It could teach us to be more environmentally friendly. Hey, we'll only be helping out the future generations with our attempts to lower pollution levels.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:14 AM   #45
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ††BlackRose††
They jump higher for no reason what-so-ever, and it takes ages to climb back down again. The price SHOULD be lower considering the barrel of oil price has dropped. I don't really understand the reasons as to why it shot up and never came down again.
The prices don't jump for no reason. It's just supply and demand, baby. Supply and demand.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:53 PM   #46
xParadigmx

Yesterday it was $2.31. My jaw almost hit the floor. Half -ass makes me want a car. But I'd settle for a skateboard.
xParadigmx is offline   Reply With Quote