Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:01 PM   #26
Jonathan

Yappy girl probably didn't see any reaction in her audience, figured no one cared / wanted to discus that, so tried to keep the conversation flowing.

It'd be mildly amusing if yappy's internal monologue was something like "I'm getting so sick of doing all the talking, I wish this other chick would say something!"
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:01 PM   #27
freddy666

ther are three girls in my 6th period science class who like to tell me what to do with my hair and makeup, i ignore them and just say ok whatever. one of them is rich and likes to brag about it. today i pulled her hair and she said do u know how much this cost i hate her so much she is the second person who i most want to kill
freddy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:05 PM   #28
noirpluie

Um hello

so I am completely alone and suppose i need someone to talk to rolls eyes (mothers) so speak to me if you wish. otherwise... don't.
noirpluie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:09 PM   #29
Fae-wolf

~shrugs~
O man, i'm sorry to hear all this.....yeah I had my fair deal of people who don't shut up.

At least you seem patient enough to put up with it a little.
Fae-wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:35 AM   #30
pixy_dust

I understand it's kind of hard for you guys to judge accurately about this situation as none of you witnessed it. I'll try to clear some things up:
1- when the girl told me her friend died, she said it with a smile on her face. I instantly thought it was utterly unusual.
2- I don't ever envy her accomplishments. She's an amazing swimmer & I'm not the least interested in sports. It all comes down to the way she was talking to me non stop about herself.

It's doubtless we all talk about ourselves & it's perfectly fine. What I'm trying to say I guess, is that communication is two way. It's more fun when Person A says something & Person B responds. Otherwise, Pixy becomes annoyed.

and sometimes, silence is golden.
pixy_dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:45 AM   #31
Saya

I can't judge, I had a friend like that and it drove me nuts too. Although a lot of it was because she's a compulsive liar, she had about three different versions of a supposed suicide attempt she had, of which she will tell everyone she meets. And whenever I had something I needed to talk about, she would never listen.

Actually now I'm mad at myself for having a friend like that.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:13 AM   #32
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
JCC: One doesn't have to go into full mourning mode in order to show a little respect for the recently deceased; simply a pause or something in memory of them would be enough.

It's treating a Death as if it's no more important than shopping for shoes is what disturbs me..
It's not wrong to show no respect for the dead.
Maybe she didn't like her friend.
Maybe she just didn't give a shit.
Maybe she was hiding her feelings or trying to make a joke of it.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:41 AM   #33
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixy_dust
1- when the girl told me her friend died, she said it with a smile on her face. I instantly thought it was utterly unusual.
Whoa! That is really unusual! I'm amazed that you didn't you mention this extremely relevant, certainly noteworthy detail in your original post, as it would have greatly aided your aim of illustrating what a cunt the girl in question is. Your omission of that fact is a pretty grievous oversight-- unless, I don't know, you made it up just now or something.
Even if she did smile, it could be her means of coping-- that's pretty common. Alternatively, she might just have a cheery demeanor and smile often.

Quote:
2- I don't ever envy her accomplishments. She's an amazing swimmer & I'm not the least interested in sports. It all comes down to the way she was talking to me non stop about herself.
Bullshit, I'm not the least interested in sports and I still wish I had Randy Johnson's fame and salary.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:52 AM   #34
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixy_dust
I have a tendency to smile when people tell me unfortunate news too, or if I'm telling unfortunate news. It's because it's an awkward situation, not because I find some sort of malicious glee in death and destruction.

Well, not solely anyway.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:37 PM   #35
Disaffected Shoelaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
JCC: One doesn't have to go into full mourning mode in order to show a little respect for the recently deceased; simply a pause or something in memory of them would be enough.

It's treating a Death as if it's no more important than shopping for shoes is what disturbs me..
It's a nice sentiment, but one I think we're better off without. "Respect for the dead" is at the root of the guilt people feel for moving on with their lives. You don't need to pause reverentially or go all po-faced every time you speak someone's name to hold onto good memories.

I don't think anyone with an iota of sensitivity sees the death of someone close to them as unimportant, even if they can talk about it casually.
Disaffected Shoelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:29 PM   #36
Jonathan

Dealing with death can be weird. I've gone through family members' funerals without expressing too much emotion, and found myself teary eyed at a memorial service for a kid I had no relation to or knowledge of at all. Then again I think there is a difference between dying of old age, and someone having their life taken away from them.

Respect for the dead doesn't have to be something that keeps people from moving on, it could just be a way to acknowledge that this was a person at one point, or even just accepting the fact that as mortals we're all likely to face it some time.

I wouldn't want to treat death with the same sort of casual attitude I would take to mailing a letter or tying my shoelaces. I guess you could, but it seems kind of insensitive.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:52 AM   #37
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
I guess you could, but it seems kind of insensitive.
It may appear so, but sometimes the most seemingly flippant people are in fact the most sensitive.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:10 PM   #38
Jonathan

While I'm sure they lead rich inner lives, it doesn't change the fact that they don't come off as particularly empathic to the casual observer.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:37 AM   #39
Apathy's_Child

Thing is, I'm not sure someone who's just suffered a loss really cares how the casual observer sees them.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote