Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:55 AM   #251
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Clearly you haven't enjoyed rough sex yourself if you're going to compare it to homelessness or terminal cancer.
One of the most common and easiest insults (not an argument) that girls try and employ on men, particularly if they are in a spiteful attitude, is to attack the very nature of a man's sexual prowess.

But it only works when a woman of sexual worth says them I'm afraid.

You don't strike me, if you're picture is anything to go by, as the type of girl that sexual predators go for.
Sir. Helpmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:00 AM   #252
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir. Helpmann
You don't strike me, if you're picture is anything to go by, as the type of girl that sexual predators go for.
"Your" is possessive, while "you're" is a contraction of the words "you" and "are". Looks like your uni education needs a bit more spit and polish.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:01 AM   #253
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinstripesAndPithHelmets
"Your" is possessive, while "you're" is a contraction of the words "you" and "are". Looks like your uni education needs a bit more spit and polish.
Just got up... but by all means take the time to actually attack the argument rather than the pettienss of a typo when you finally mature enough to act in a rational light.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:05 AM   #254
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Just got up... but do feel the time to actually attack the argument rather than the pettienss of a typo when you finally mature enough to act in a rational light.
I've no gripe with the argument, as I happen to agree with you, but that wasn't a typographical error. It was something that an educated man, ostensibly a man such as yourself, should've been able to avoid, tired or not.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:09 AM   #255
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
I've no gripe with the argument, as I happen to agree with you, but that wasn't a typographical error. It was something that an educated man, ostensibly a man such as yourself, should've been able to avoid, tired or not.
How would you know what the mind of an educated man would think like after three bottles of wine in the morning? This is a metaphysical area of such a magnittude that you cannot even hope to print your petty mark upon it.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:11 AM   #256
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
How would you know what the mind of an educated man would think like after three bottles of wine in the morning? This is a metaphysical area of such a magnittude that you cannot even hope to print your petty mark upon it.
Oh, of course. Bottles plural. I must bend knee to your masculinity. Perhaps I'll go "print my mark" on something else, possibly mix some metaphors while I'm at it.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:28 AM   #257
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
Oh, of course. Bottles plural. I must bend knee to your masculinity. Perhaps I'll go "print my mark" on something else, possibly mix some metaphors while I'm at it.
Again I must point out that you're unfit to discuss metaphysics with me - your lack of a formal education would merely be a hindrance to you, in particular you half-arsed musings on a subject you clearly have not taken into serious consideration.

Go wikipedia it if you must, it will not matter. You simply will be parroting and in the most obvious of ways that I will recognize.

That's not your fault, but as every schoolboy knows (provided your school wasn't free) that an individuals perceptions of how another should act and think is quite irrelevant, due to the fact that you're an incompetent judge on the matter.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:21 AM   #258
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
You agree with him?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:22 AM   #259
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Again I must point out that you're unfit to discuss metaphysics with me - your lack of a formal education would merely be a hindrance to you, in particular you half-arsed musings on a subject you clearly have not taken into serious consideration.
No one mentioned metaphysics. I was talking about sentence structure, and alluding to your obvious abuses of it. Do you even know what the discipline of metaphysics deals with? There's nothing abstract about your poor writing, so I really don't see how metaphysics enters into the argument at all.

Furthermore, I'm beginning to wonder what your level of education actually is. Where did you attend university?

Quote:
That's not your fault, but as every schoolboy knows (provided your school wasn't free) that an individuals perceptions of how another should act and think is quite irrelevant, due to the fact that you're an incompetent judge on the matter.
(my emphasis)

As every schoolboy knows, provided you didn't fail grade school English classes, one uses an apostrophe to indicate when a word is possessive rather than plural. Here you used the plural form of the word individual when you meant to say "individual's". Again, where the hell did you go to school?
Old 11-17-2008, 08:23 AM   #260
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
You agree with him?

I agree that sex can be used as a weapon, yes. His further statements about Solumina's character I will not support.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:34 AM   #261
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
I agree that sex can be used as a weapon, yes. His further statements about Solumina's character I will not support.
Oh, I thought you were agreeing with the whole bit.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:37 AM   #262
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Oh, I thought you were agreeing with the whole bit.
You're right, I should've been more specific. I agree with him when he says that sex can be a weapon, and that one of the most common ways a woman can hurt a man is by belittling his sexual prowess.

I do not, however, throw my support behind his statements about anyone's character. If he wants to hurl stones he can do it by himself. I've got my own bag of rocks.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:43 AM   #263
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
I'll use the example of the relationship that I am in and I will paint you a little picture. Jake is 6'6 and around 190lbs, he keeps in shape mainly through diet and an all around active lifestyle but he has no real training in any sort of fighting. I am 5'6 and about 130lbs, on top of healthy diet and an active lifestyle I also have a few years of training in how to handle my own body, how to cause harm to an opponent, as well training in submission holds and the like. Jake puts up a good fight and neither of us wants to do any real damage to the other but I am far quicker and more agile than he is so it really isn't hard for me to put him into a submission hold where he is pretty damn helpless. We both like the struggle for control, sometimes he wins but far more frequently I do.
He is very thin for his height, though. What kind of submission hold do you use, out of curiosity?

I agree that most women can do some damage, but men are, generally speaking, stronger than men. Although you could probably lay me a good one if you got in quick, once I got a decent grip on you you probably wouldn't be going anywhere.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:00 PM   #264
maromi12d3

EWveyr one used to bully me everyone is mean to me1112!!!!!
maromi12d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:28 PM   #265
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
I'll use the example of the relationship that I am in and I will paint you a little picture. Jake is 6'6 and around 190lbs, he keeps in shape mainly through diet and an all around active lifestyle but he has no real training in any sort of fighting. I am 5'6 and about 130lbs, on top of healthy diet and an active lifestyle I also have a few years of training in how to handle my own body, how to cause harm to an opponent, as well training in submission holds and the like. Jake puts up a good fight and neither of us wants to do any real damage to the other but I am far quicker and more agile than he is so it really isn't hard for me to put him into a submission hold where he is pretty damn helpless. We both like the struggle for control, sometimes he wins but far more frequently I do.