Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:57 AM   #1
Ahsatan

Unhappy So my dog killed my bunny and

I don't know what to do, my parents are making me choose wheter or not we should put him down, I want to say no, I mean he's just a dog, he dosent know any better, but at the same time, he has also killed two of our chickens. =( I would feel worse if another animal of mine got put down.
Ahsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:59 AM   #2
$haDe

Train him will do better.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:04 AM   #3
Ahsatan

>__< We want to, but trainers are to expensive, maybe there's something online, though?
Old 11-21-2008, 05:07 AM   #4
Man In Room 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahsatan
>__< We want to, but trainers are to expensive, maybe there's something online, though?
This quote just gave me a mental image of your dog sitting at a desk clicking away at an online tutorial.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:15 AM   #5
Ahsatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5
This quote just gave me a mental image of your dog sitting at a desk clicking away at an online tutorial.
Haha, nice....Woah that's what the Dog Whisperer should start doing!
Old 11-21-2008, 09:02 AM   #6
Alarica

if it's killed 3 of your other animals, and got a taste for blood then the obvious answer is to have it put down. Do you know why it killed them?
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:39 AM   #7
JCC

Christ, if you're going to have a dog, you need to make sure that it's trained properly. If that's not already the case (which it apparently isn't), you need to sort that out.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:52 AM   #8
Bat Attack

I'm sure you can do some research on the internet and attempt to train him yourself, I don't think you should put him down just yet.

What breed is he?
Bat Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:12 AM   #9
honeythorn

Seeing as the dog has a taste for killing other animals ( you really should have trained him from a pup of course ) Then I think you should seriously take strong measures to ensure your other pets are secured away from the dog before letting him out as well as training him to leave them alone.

How did he get to the chickens? How did he get to the rabbit? If you know he has a penchant for killing things then WHY or HOW was he allowed anywhere near them ?. What sort of enclosure do the chickens have? I'm all for free running chickens with just a coop for the night, but if you know your dog is that way inclined, a good sized walled or even basic fenced and meshed run is what they need. Where was the rabbit kept and what in? There's no way a dog can get into a properly made hutch, and if the rabbit was having some free time and you don't have a run for him, why was the dog allowed to get out?

What breed is your dog? With some breeds it is a breed trait to hunt down small fast running "prey" , such as terriers for example . Most terriers will have a go at a pet rabbit or rat as it's been bred into them to hunt these animals.

Seriously, you need to be far more observant . These things are so easily avoided and rectified. You have no excuse.

I don't think the dog needs to be put down, but he clearly needs a LOT of training and obedience, and your other animals need proper protection to ensure their safety wether you have a dog or not .
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:04 AM   #10
Underwater Ophelia

Keep the chickens in their pen when the dog is out.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:20 AM   #11
Solumina

You could see if there is some sort of group in your area that helps with training (I know that the local SPCA around here does). If you are unable to handle the dog then maybe you should give him up I don't mean putting him down (I really don't see why that option was even brought up), I mean put him up for adoption at a no kill shelter, after all he hasn't attacked a person, just small things that are naturally seen as pray so he would be safe for many other families who don't have those sort of pets (just be sure to tell the shelter that he does not do well with certain types of animals).
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:51 AM   #12
Serren

I think you do need to keep it under much stricter control like the others said if it has killed other animals before, should you choose to keep it. You need to be really careful with a dog like that, particularly when you take it out.

I also think you maybe better to either train it and be much more careful about where its allowed to go, or give it to a no kill shelter or someone else who can control it better where it won't have access to other pets.

You can sometimes take dogs to training classes which aren't as expensive as having one to one training.

I also wonder if you have any small children in your house its been nasty with, or if its ever been aggressive towards other people? If its a big dog and out of control it could end up being really serious and depending on where you live if it did attack some one else's pet, or their child you could really be in serious trouble, and it could be really nasty if someone was seriously hurt by it.
Serren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 01:24 PM   #13
Ra_star

So you're going to murder your dog because of your lack of responcibility?
How do you sleep at night?
Ra_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 01:45 PM   #14
AshtrayKitten

If put down, your dog might continue pursuing its prey in animal heaven. Unless it's going to animal hell for its sins, in which case you should take it to see a priest instead of a trainer.

Can a dog be trained to forget the taste of blood?
AshtrayKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 01:57 PM   #15
Alarica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra_star
So you're going to murder your dog because of your lack of responcibility?
How do you sleep at night?
You moron. What do you think happens to dogs who bite humans then? Oh wait, responsible owners have the animal PUT DOWN because after 1st taste theres an increased risk they WILL attack again, and this dog has attacked and killed 3 other animals. Next time it could be a child.

You can re-train the dog all you want, but you will never trust it around other animals or small children again.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:06 PM   #16
Ra_star

So you believe in the slaughter of innocent animals, yes?

Just because he was unfortunate enough to have a careless owner who didn't bother domesticating her dog properly, he should be put to death? After all, he was only acting on instinct.

Do you believe the lion should be put down for tackling the zebra?

Well, parents who allow their children to play near dangerous animals shouldnt be allowed to have children.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:09 PM   #17
AngelikDemonik

It's a DOG.

A DOG is still an animal, with natural instincts. Don't punish it for doing it's thing. Maybe you shouldn't have random farm animals running around, everywhere.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:18 PM   #18
Alarica

Are you really that thick, or does it take practice?

It has fuck all to do with lion's, in light of the fact that a lion tackling a zebra is not a domestic situation, unless of course you live in a country that allows you to have such animals as pets, and are stupid enough to allow them to roam together.

By law, certainly in my country, dogs who attack humans are destroyed, because dogs can turn for all sorts of reasons. even the weather being too hot makes them aggitated and agressive.

Parents of children who have been attacked by 'dangerous animals', if you bother to pay attention to such events noted in the media, had trained their beloved pets and thought they were safe with their children.

Now, crawl back under your rock, and stay there. You are clearly far too fucking stupid to be commenting. Any moron who actually uses a pair of wild animals in a desperate attempt to make themselves look like they have a point, on a query about a domestic animal situation, should certainly keep their opinion to themselves. But then you are a helpmann clone, so i suppose talking bollox is all you are capable of.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:28 PM   #19
Bat Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarica
No YOU'RE fucking thick.
It wasn't the dogs fault at all. What he did was natural. It was completely the owners fault, and therefore the dog does NOT deserve to be put down. You don't have a clue what you're on about.
Bat Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:51 PM   #20
Eclipsing the Son

I like how your parents are trying to use the situation to dispose of your dog.

That's very clever of them!
Eclipsing the Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:10 PM   #21
Ra_star

Quote:

It has fuck all to do with lion's, in light of the fact that a lion tackling a zebra is not a domestic situation, unless of course you live in a country that allows you to have such animals as pets, and are stupid enough to allow them to roam together.

By law, certainly in my country, dogs who attack humans are destroyed, because dogs can turn for all sorts of reasons. even the weather being too hot makes them aggitated and agressive.

Parents of children who have been attacked by 'dangerous animals', if you bother to pay attention to such events noted in the media, had trained their beloved pets and thought they were safe with their children.

Now, crawl back under your rock, and stay there. You are clearly far too fucking stupid to be commenting. Any moron who actually uses a pair of wild animals in a desperate attempt to make themselves look like they have a point, on a query about a domestic animal situation, should certainly keep their opinion to themselves. But then you are a helpmann clone, so i suppose talking bollox is all you are capable of.
Any dog that isnt domesticated properly is essentially a wild animal. Your point is animals, such as dogs, who act on instinct should be murdered.

Which, I of course, object to, because I'm not sick.

Heplman clone? Why is it this boys so popular? It seems, everyone who posts not conforming to what the majority of posters are saying is something to do with Sir Helpman.

I've said it once, I'll say it again. I am Ra and your ass is mine, bitch.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:40 AM   #22
Apathy's_Child

If you would actually put your dog down because you don't have the goddamn brains to keep it away from small, chase-able animals then wonder why it acts on its natural instincts as a carnivore, I wish you cancer and ass-r.aping.

Fucking tool.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:47 AM   #23
JCC

Hey Alarica, do you think you were born with your moral values?

Fool. Irresponsible ownership of a dog is the same as irresponsible parenting, if you don't make it clear that some things are unacceptable, the dog doesn't know it's unacceptable. Should we put down every child that pisses on the floor?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:57 AM   #24
Apathy's_Child

Quote:

Quote:
You moron. What do you think happens to dogs who bite humans then? Oh wait, responsible owners have the animal PUT DOWN because after 1st taste theres an increased risk they WILL attack again, and this dog has attacked and killed 3 other animals. Next time it could be a child.

Great, that makes sense!

....... Except that the dog in question has attacked smaller animals, not children (though the heartstring tugging, what-about-the-kids imagery was a nice touch, and might even have worked if you were talking to people of a similar mental capacity to yourself). This is a sympton of a carnivorous animal which has been successfully domesticated but should not be loosed on fluffy little fuckin' bunnies, as anyone with a miniscule amount of common sense would realize - meaning that your arguments fails on its most fundamental level.

"Oh noes, the kitty's chasing a bird! WE GOTS US A MANEATER!!!!"

In short: you know nothing.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:36 AM   #25
Velma Velvet

My cat killed a rat once and has not hurt me yet.
Velma Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote