Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 09-13-2008, 09:20 PM   #1
Godslayer Jillian

The America Machine

I was wondering if one of you could come up with something funny about this.
The point is to describe what would the most American machine do.
Some friends and I keep thinking of how one-up the previous thought but we haven't actually come up with something glorious yet.

I think we left at:

A machine that takes in social security checks, and gives out a coke and a hotdog stuffed inside a big mac while reciting the pledge of allegiance with the phrase "under God."

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:37 PM   #2
$haDe

Something no american want to do it by themselves but every single one of them need it.

When they couldn't find any others doing what they need they'll come up with making machines.

Tell me if i'm wrong
Old 09-13-2008, 11:02 PM   #3
gothicusmaximus

A gun that shoots hot dogs that taste like the national anthem.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:26 PM   #4
Duane

A cyborg that looks excactly like Sir James Marshall Hendrix, can play the National Anthem on guitar! That can make hot dogs out of awesome music.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:05 AM   #5
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
A Hummer that when the gas gauge gets low, uses GPS to navigate to the nearest oil field regardless of nationality and drills baby, drills.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:34 PM   #6
schoolsucksletsanarky

The White House
schoolsucksletsanarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:55 PM   #7
JCC

A machine that takes every issue of disagreement with the American government and repackages it as an Al Qaeda plot.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:46 PM   #8
Beneath the Shadows

A Republican stripperbot which dances and inundates you with conservative talking points while dispensing double quarter pounders (with cheese), beer, and marijuana, the last item it will then arrest you for.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:10 PM   #9
Eclipsing the Son

A programmed robotic news anchor that interrupts any channel broadcasting material content deemed subversive by the FCC with the latest celebrity sex scandal; Describing it as BREAKING NEWS! Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
Eclipsing the Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:24 PM   #10
SKULHEDFACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
I was wondering if one of you could come up with something funny about this.
The point is to describe what would the most American machine do.
Some friends and I keep thinking of how one-up the previous thought but we haven't actually come up with something glorious yet.

I think we left at:

A machine that takes in social security checks, and gives out a coke and a hotdog stuffed inside a big mac while reciting the pledge of allegiance with the phrase "under God."
This one gave me a chuckle, as did a few others. Still I think the robot should somehow be able to produce fecal matter which it cleans up with copies of the U.S. Constitution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsing the Son
A programmed robotic news anchor that interrupts any channel broadcasting material content deemed subversive by the FCC with the latest celebrity sex scandal; Describing it as BREAKING NEWS! Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
Ah..but we don't have Carl's JR on the east coast. Which is a good thing, cause if we did I'd be a fatass.
SKULHEDFACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:07 AM   #11
Despanan

A giant screen that shows nothing but movies where cowboys beat up on brown people.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:32 AM   #12
Elysiume

A giant screen full of static, punctuated with subliminal advertising for joining the Navy. It's impossible to turn off, and if you fall asleep it plants marijuana in your pockets, then wakes you with a tazer and arrests you. It consumes more energy than every other machine in the wold put together. It smells faintly of MRM.

"I am a citizen of the universe!"
- Porucík Servadac, Na Komete (1970)
Elysiume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:58 AM   #13
MollyMac

A button installed on your elbow that spews trite justifications of entitlement when pressed against someone standing where you want to be.

An automaton thar has a copy of "It takes a Village to Raise a Culture of Victimhood" tucked under the arm, drives an SUV but *thinks green*; that has three children it does not raise them; no primary employment or secondary education; fights for freedom in other countries while diminishing the freedom of its own inhabitants; embraces Thoreau and Paris Hilton; but will pretend to hear your woes if you buy it a frappucino made with free trade coffee beans. Something that will believe your lies and give you a makeover.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:11 AM   #14
Tralis

Seriously:
The Car. Our whole culture and society is built around it.

Less Seriously:
An SUV with a Starbucks, McDonalds, and Olive Garden in the back, plus equipment for petroleum extraction and refining. Plus, it automatic. Nobody has to lift a finger. And its exterior is bright, gaudy colors.
Tralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:44 PM   #15
Steppenwolf

A machine which gives everyone the same fortune ticket :
"Congratulations! You get a FREE weapon of mass destruction and a plasma tv with free cable for a year and a subscription to the PLayboy! (of course if you are not alien/comunist/homosexual)"
(why on earth do I feel like an asshole now???)
Old 11-30-2008, 08:06 PM   #16
Eclipsing the Son

A car that is both functional, and representative to the typical American's IQ.

The official American Vehicle.
Eclipsing the Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:34 AM   #17
jack_the_knife

A car that runs on dead democrats, homosexuals, illegal immigrants and other minorities. It has the turning circle of the titanic, handles like a sponge and has a burning cross on the bonnet. It has a snowplough/battering ram/bull bar on the front so you can invade other countries at a whim. It will run over minorities and burn them for fuel and it has a huge American flag on the back. Also, you get a years free supply of Big macs and a free 12 guage automatic shotgun so you can shoot people in the face by accident just like Cheney. Your Family get free Magnums and buck knives. Gun Rack is sold separately.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:14 AM   #18
Man In Room 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
A car that runs on dead democrats, homosexuals, illegal immigrants and other minorities. It has the turning circle of the titanic, handles like a sponge and has a burning cross on the bonnet. It has a snowplough/battering ram/bull bar on the front so you can invade other countries at a whim. It will run over minorities and burn them for fuel and it has a huge American flag on the back. Also, you get a years free supply of Big macs and a free 12 guage automatic shotgun so you can shoot people in the face by accident just like Cheney. Your Family get free Magnums and buck knives. Gun Rack is sold separately.

LMAO. Can I get it in a hybrid tho? I'm worried about the environment.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:20 AM   #19
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by $haDe
Something no american want to do it by themselves but every single one of them need it.

When they couldn't find any others doing what they need they'll come up with making machines.

Tell me if i'm wrong
Not only wrong, but what the fuck are you trying to say?
Sir. Helpmann is offline   Reply With Quote