Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 12-08-2008, 06:45 AM   #26
Sir. Helpmann

Despanan has currently used 818 words in this thread to individuals he has was supposed to be ignoring. According to the Oxford dictionary the definition for ignore is:

to refrain from noticing or recognizing: to ignore insulting remarks.

Whether from sheer recklessness or perhaps under the influence of drink, Despanan has deemed it no longer necessary to make a secret that he didn't really have anyone on ignore to begin with. That he didn't in the first instant does not surprise me in the least. I believe today that the word ignore must now take a new meaning on gothic.net, and that meaning will find it's expression in a word that is far more adequate - stalking.

I am surprised that he, a so-called intellectual and cultural giant, is capable of devoting 818 words in a sound frame of mind to individuals he designates as nothing more than mere "attention whores". Again, this does not surprise me in the least. Behind Despanan stand the pillars of obsession and anguish - obsession with so-called "attention whores" and anguish that he will be unable to delete this thread in the morning.

It should also be brought to our attention how Despanan was incapable of recognizing a quote by Cato without the use of google. He accuses us of being the Patron Saints of Mediocrity, and yet the poverty of his education blinded him to the obvious. In fact, the same could be said of HumanePain. I do understand that all of you like to think you're intellectually better than your parents because you've skimmed through the Noam Chomksi article on wikipedia, but at the heart of it none of you have the maturity or the intellect to take any of us on. That we could fob you off with historical quotes and still rile you up is a testimony not only to your ignorance, but also to our ability to mock with good intent those who had their education paid for by the state.

We wont be leaving this forum any time soon, and if Despanan or any other timid weakling thinks that by pretending they have ignored us will, in utter vanity, force us to leave, then I'm afraid you're in for a rude awakening.

Either way, the result is the same. Everything flows back into the hands of the seducers. This thread, along with Sanguine Mind's and $haDe's is further proof that we are a force to be reckoned with.

To quote Friedrich Nietzsche: Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Welcome to our world.
Sir. Helpmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:54 AM   #27
Despanan

You people don't seem to understand exactly what the ignore feature on these forums does. It doesn't mean that I can't see the multitudes of idiotic threads you've posted, it means that your individual posts are blocked. I know that you have posted, I just see a: "You have this user on ignore" button, and while, I'm sure it's intended purpose is so users can totally ignore another poster, this is not what I use it for.

If anyone thought for even a second that I was actually attempting to ignore you and your cronies entirely you're dead wrong, and anyone who would think that after reading my posts is just straight up dumb.

I put you guys on ignore so I was free to surf the forums with out reading your dumbassed posts. I knew when you posted, it just saved me the time of seeing exactly what you posted, and thus I was not tempted to read your worthless drivel. It also ensured that you would waste your time trying to flame me, and I was also free to continue to fuck with you, which I did, very successfully. I don't need to see the post to know that a thread titled: "The I made shade cry club" is retarded. And threads about boobs are certainly better than yet another thread dedicated to these moron's vanity. Is Martian Law immature? Oh yeah, but it's also fun and it pisses dumb people off. Besides, we're in an unmoderated Goth forum, and I don't take it or myself that seriously.

Kelpy seems to think that he's "Made me into what he is", and if it helps him sleep at night he can go right ahead and think it, it won't make it true. Just like stealing the words of people smarter than you won't actually make you smart or interesting.

and now you're going back on ignore. This place is way better when I get to imagine what those retards are saying, as opposed to actually reading it.

Peace out Mofos! B)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:07 AM   #28
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan
You people don't seem to understand exactly what the ignore feature on these forums does. It doesn't mean that I can't see the multitudes of idiotic threads you've posted, it means that your individual posts are blocked. I know that you have posted, I just see a: "You have this user on ignore" button, and while, I'm sure it's intended purpose is so users can totally ignore another poster, this is not what I use it for.

If anyone thought for even a second that I was actually attempting to ignore you and your cronies entirely you're dead wrong, and anyone who would think that after reading my posts is just straight up dumb.

I put you guys on ignore so I was free to surf the forums with out reading your dumbassed posts. I knew when you posted, it just saved me the time of seeing exactly what you posted, and thus I was not tempted to read your worthless drivel. It also ensured that you would waste your time trying to flame me, and I was also free to continue to fuck with you, which I did, very successfully. I don't need to see the post to know that a thread titled: "The I made shade cry club" is retarded. And threads about boobs are certainly better than yet another thread dedicated to these moron's vanity. Is Martian Law immature? Oh yeah, but it's also fun and it pisses dumb people off. Besides, we're in an unmoderated Goth forum, and I don't take it or myself that seriously.

Kelpy seems to think that he's "Made me into what he is", and if it helps him sleep at night he can go right ahead and think it, it won't make it true. Just like stealing the words of people smarter than you won't actually make you smart or interesting.

and now you're going back on ignore. This place is way better when I get to imagine what those retards are saying, as opposed to actually reading it.

Peace out Mofos! B)
That now adds up to 1160 words in this thread to tell us we are "ignored".
Old 12-08-2008, 09:20 AM   #29
Despanan

See? I could actually be reading something retarded now, instead I see this:

Quote:
This message is hidden because Sir. Helpmann is on your ignore list.
Much better.

JacktheKnife: I don't waste intelligent responses on dumb people. That's "casting pearls before swine". If you'll look at my posts in other threads I think you'll find more than enough thoughtful responses. Martian Law is just a way to make Helpmann's vanity threads a little less lame. The smart people have already picked up on that, I hope you will too.

Oh and for the record, EtS seemed to think I was taking a jab at his writing skill/ comparing him to Stephen King earlier. I was not, I was taking a shot at his integrity and taste. I haven't read his crappy writing, because, once again, I don't want to waste my time on drivel, and judging by what I've seen out of him, that's all it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:30 AM   #30
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
See? I could actually be reading something retarded now, instead I see this:

Much better.

JacktheKnife: I don't waste intelligent responses on dumb people. That's "casting pearls before swine". If you'll look at my posts in other threads I think you'll find more than enough thoughtful responses. Martian Law is just a way to make Helpmann's vanity threads a little less lame. The smart people have already picked up on that, I hope you will too.

Oh and for the record, EtS seemed to think I was taking a jab at his writing skill/ comparing him to Stephen King earlier. I was not, I was taking a shot at his integrity and taste. I haven't read his crappy writing, because, once again, I don't want to waste my time on drivel, and judging by what I've seen out of him, that's all it is.
1291 words in total up to this point to bitch about people you claim are on ignore.

Defeats the point of ignoring people somewhat, don't you think?

I gather posting "boobs" simply isn't adequate enough to express the profound anger you are feeling at this moment.

Touched a nerve it seems.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:43 AM   #31
tekajo

Helpmann, are you not comprehending what he's saying or pretending not to in order to see if he indeed has you back on ignore?

It seems very simple to me.

He had you on ignore. He can see that you made threads and he can see where you make posts. But he cannot read what you wrote...

...unless someone quoted you.

He said in the opening post that what he saw in the Workers Occupy Republic Factory in Chicago inspired him to take a further look at your other posts of grandeur.

In other words, he saw what you typed in Jillian's quote of you. Then he took you off of ignore. To google your little diatribes.

And i believe what he's saying now is that you are back on ignore.

So what gives? Are you displaying intentional idiocy? Or is it genuine?
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:53 AM   #32
Eclipsing the Son

So its like he has us on 'ignore' but he's not 'ignoring' us.

THAT'S displaying intentional idiocy if I've ever seen it.
Eclipsing the Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:03 AM   #33
tekajo

Not necessarily.

He did admit to posting boobs in The Troupe's threads just to fuck with them...y'all. Which is about the same thing y'all have been doing here, eh? Just fucking with everyone for the sake of fucking with them?

Y'all may and most likely will continue to feign ignorance and continue with Necrophagistesque replies that pretty much equate to a very eloquent "fail. i win". Makes no difference to me for i'll get my laugh either way.

Do carry on.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:04 AM   #34
xParadigmx

it's hard to believe you thought anyone cared about how many words he used to call you a moron.
xParadigmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:28 AM   #35
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekajo
Helpmann, are you not comprehending what he's saying or pretending not to in order to see if he indeed has you back on ignore?

It seems very simple to me.
It would, if he even had us on ignore to begin with.

Quote:
He had you on ignore. He can see that you made threads and he can see where you make posts. But he cannot read what you wrote...

...unless someone quoted you.
Impossible - nothing was quoted for him to know what was said about him (unless he's that obsessive that he has someone reading them out to him on msn or via pm)

Quote:
He said in the opening post that what he saw in the Workers Occupy Republic Factory in Chicago inspired him to take a further look at your other posts of grandeur.
Why would he even bother if we are so utterly worthles in his eyes?

Quote:
In other words, he saw what you typed in Jillian's quote of you. Then he took you off of ignore. To google your little diatribes.

And i believe what he's saying now is that you are back on ignore.

So what gives? Are you displaying intentional idiocy? Or is it genuine?
Idiocy would be him writing over one thousand words to describe to two people he has constantly claimed for a fortnight are on ignore.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:29 AM   #36
KontanKarite

Apparently he cares.

Anyone else miss flaming Mindless1 right about now?

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:35 AM   #37
tekajo

For fuck's sake man, for an intellectual and self-proclaimed GNet god you sure do need things spelled out for you.

i was going to do a play by play synopsis for you...but...fuck that. It's all there. Besides, you know the score. Again, you're pretending not to.

Good show, almost had me.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:46 AM   #38
gothicusmaximus

I pointed this out when Helpmann first arrived here, but no one said anything, so I assumed you all knew.
It makes his posts even funnier.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #39
Eclipsing the Son

I had about forgotten about despanan until he made this thread. Then all of a sudden he starts attacking me on a personal level on the subject of a book I'm writing. He doesn't care though. Which is why I'm on ignore. Though helpmann and kanine have pointed out that he does care. I little bit.

Also I made 2 posts regarding the definition of martian law. That hardly constitutes spamming.

Everything that we are being insulted for, despanan is even more guilty of.

He constantly claims not to give a fuck, then he goes and makes threads like this, then ALLOVASUDDEN puts us back on 'ignore'.

How convenient this ignore function is for him. He's already stated that he can use it to help him spam without getting wrapped up in actual discussion.

Quote:
I put you guys on ignore so I was free to surf the forums with out reading your dumbassed posts. I knew when you posted, it just saved me the time of seeing exactly what you posted, and thus I was not tempted to read your worthless drivel. It also ensured that you would waste your time trying to flame me, and I was also free to continue to fuck with you, which I did, very successfully
So he's not ignoring us. He has the mind of a child. If we're so boring and non-engaging than why does he have to put us on ignore so that he doesn't get wrapped up in our 'dumbassed' posts?

The truth is he only wanted to know where we were so he could invade and spam tits. He said it himself. Do you really want to stick up for that kind of person? Who's only reason for being here is to troll and spam a few people he feels threatened by?

It doesn't matter that you can't read our posts, despanan. It's more useful to us that other people can see it when we point out how simple minded you are.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:57 AM   #40
Eclipsing the Son

This is his thing though right? He's "a big cat" or some bullshit.

I'm sorry but you can't claim to just be here to stir stuff up and then fall back without looking like a coward in my eyes. To me he comes off as a "a big fake" more than "a big cat" and just enjoys the imagery it conjures to imagine himself playing with lesser beings.

The truth is he is more of an annoying gnat than a big cat.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:05 AM   #41
Bat Attack

Quote:
However after the revelations in this thread I decided to take him off ignore for a bit and take a gander at his other posts through the magic of google.

Tell me Despanan, how did you know of Sir. Helpmann’s posts if you had him on ignore?
Bat Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:03 PM   #42
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat Attack
Tell me Despanan, how did you know of Sir. Helpmann’s posts if you had him on ignore?
Exactly.

What I find most amusing is the idea he has planted in his head that it affects us being here if he has us on ignore or not.

It is immaterial if we are ignored by him.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:09 PM   #43
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Helpmann's still winning.... Fighting fire with fire doesn't seem to be extinguishing the flames.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:29 PM   #44
KontanKarite

Nice punnage, Pinstripes.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:32 PM   #45
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

I try. ...
Old 12-08-2008, 12:34 PM   #46
KontanKarite

There's something you've gotta understand about Despanan, guys. If the internet was a city, Desp would hail from the ghetto. You think he's bad, be thankful you're not dealing with drive by BOBings.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:35 PM   #47
jack_the_knife

Quote:
Yes, granted. you may have thoughtful posts. But nonetheless, your Martian Law doesn't make Helpmanns threads less lame, it makes you and all that partake in your silly little law seem pathetic spammers. I think the smart people don't appreciate your multiple breast posting either...
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:37 PM   #48
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
There's something you've gotta understand about Despanan, guys. If the internet was a city, Desp would hail from the ghetto. You think he's bad, be thankful you're not dealing with drive by BOBings.
Nah.
If the Internet were a ghetto.
Des would be Vanilla Ice.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:38 PM   #49
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
Yes, granted. you may have thoughtful posts. But nonetheless, your Martian Law doesn't make Helpmanns threads less lame, it makes you and all that partake in your silly little law seem pathetic spammers. I think the smart people don't appreciate your multiple breast posting either...
Those of us who like boobs did Does being smart mean you can't enjoy a look at some cleavage?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:40 PM   #50
jack_the_knife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Those of us who like boobs did Does being smart mean you can't enjoy a look at some cleavage?
No, I didn't say that. I like cleavage, everyone does. All I'm pointing out is that you can have overkill. It's become old.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote