Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:01 PM   #576
Scareebowfairy

Ok when I read the books ages ago before they were such a big deal I didn't mind them.

But in all honesty the truth is I'm sick of pretty romanticized Vampires!

I want to see and read about smart monster vampires with big fangs!

Hey maybe a story about the Chupucabra.
Scareebowfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:22 AM   #577
Minyaliel

Joker - I didn´t say I thought it was good either, did I? Compared to what I was watching when I was a teenager (the Ashley twins, anyone?), the acting isn´t too bad, it is just merely quite bad.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:18 AM   #578
Ebbhead

I actually know someone who became 90% less articulate after she finished reading Twilight. No joke.
Ebbhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:05 AM   #579
steerpyke

I didn't read the books, but did make the mistake of agreeing to go to the cinema to watch this with a friend.

We are no longer friends! You gotta draw the line somewhere.
steerpyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:46 PM   #580
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mealla
Those of you who play or have played world of warcraft will probably find this more amusing than others, but for those of you who want to die a little more inside...or die laughing, here is a link related to this thread: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...810732&sid=1#0
OMG!

I am losing my shit over these responses. Seriously the amount of hate that stupid guild has attracted...ROFLMAO:

Quote:
I one time say 2 guys having sex in the park. That was the gayest thing i have ever seen til i read about your guild. You should just quit playing wow right now. Im sure your getting alot of hate from your terrible idea. I can understand love for twilight. I myself have read the book. You made me hate it. Thank you. I really went and destroyed my copy of twilight and everything else i owned by Stephenie Meyer. Im sure if she played wow and read your guild she would quit the game delete wow off her computer and gouge her eyes out to the fact that she couldn't comprehend the utter mental retardation that is your guild. You sir have brought new meaning to fail. Your guild makes me want to punch kittens. I hope i never meet you in real life or in fact wow life. Im afraid that your level of stupid can be transferred via verbal contact.
LOLZ!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:51 AM   #581
Nexiah

The other responses on the Wow forum were just hilarious...

The one thing I find really obnoxious about Twilight is the amount of fucking merchandise for it. I mean, I thought George Lucas was a money grubbing asshole with his Stars Wars action figures, placemats, etc, but Twilight takes the cake!!!

I have never seen so many useless pieces of merchandise rubbish from a movie in my entire life...Twilight Umbrellas, Twilight Chain Wallets, Twilight "I Heart Boys Who Sparkle" Slap Bracelets, Keyrings, Watches, Set of 3 Door Hangers, Team Edward & Team Jacob stickers (WTF???), Replica of Alice's Choker, Replica of Carsiles' Ring, Crappy Keyrings, Crappy Bookmarks...AND WAIT, THERE'S MORE SHIT!!!!!! - Edward Cullen "7 Collectors Figure!!!!

The commercial vampires in charge of this money grubbing fiasco have literally thought of every piece of merchandise they could slap the Twilight logo on, and is intent on sucking the credit card balances, and teeny tween sparkly loaded wallets dry as much as physically possible...

Last edited by Nexiah; 01-26-2009 at 05:53 AM. Reason: typo
Nexiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:46 PM   #582
Unimatrix 00

Went to see Twighlight a while ago. *loves it*
Unimatrix 00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:47 PM   #583
Tam Li Hua

Nexiah: I bought my husband a can of Twilight bandaids as a gag gift for his stocking during Christmas. Even the girl at HT, who likes Twilight, thought that bandaids were going too far! XD

Unimatrix: I'd watch it, if it weren't for all the insane fangirl-ism and money-whoring going on around it. I -love- bad horror movies, but I just cringe at the thought of the kind of fan-fic that has eminated from this. *shivers*

I'll wait until it's $5 in the used DVD bin at Blockbuster, methinks. XD
Old 01-26-2009, 01:57 PM   #584
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimatrix 00
Went to see Twighlight a while ago. *loves it*
*is completely unsurprised that your taste in culture is entirely atrocious*
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:01 PM   #585
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
*is completely unsurprised that your taste in culture is entirely atrocious*
I'm completely unsurprised at your insane generalizing.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:10 PM   #586
a morbid curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
Unimatrix: I'd watch it, if it weren't for all the insane fangirl-ism and money-whoring going on around it. I -love- bad horror movies, but I just cringe at the thought of the kind of fan-fic that has eminated from this. *shivers*

I'll wait until it's $5 in the used DVD bin at Blockbuster, methinks. XD
My friends dragged me along to the movie. It's better than the book, but still pretty awful.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:32 PM   #587
Mir

Even reading Twilight is better than bitching incessantly about it.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:52 PM   #588
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I'm completely unsurprised that you're still here, aggravating people more interesting than you. Aren't you meant to be trying to convince people that you're hotter than some run-of-the-mill bottle-blond who's drowned herself in foundation...

and failing?
Old 01-26-2009, 04:26 PM   #589
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
I'm completely unsurprised at your insane antagonizing.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:27 PM   #590
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
Even reading Twilight is better than bitching incessantly about it.
Not true. Twilight rants are amusing; especially when there's more fans than people with taste in the fight.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:29 PM   #591
Mir

You'd be hard pressed to find very many Twilight fans on here. Either there really aren't that many, or they're hiding in the metaphorical closet.

Twilight rants are amusing enough to read, but to really put thought and effort behind articulating your disgust at mediocrity, while as reasonable as it may sound, is still time lost. A million books are sitting around just begging to be read, a million compositions just crying to be heard. I am sure you get where I'm going with this.

Mediocrity, and banality, are the cornerstones of our collective societies.

I'd still prefer to converse with one who has actually read a book, compared to several other types, although, their level of intellect is comparable. However, a reader you can nudge, and coax along towards enlightenment. At least, it seems like a reasonable assumption.

I wasn't pushed out of my mom's pussy reading J. P. Sartre.

The only thing worth living for in this existentialist hell hole is love. Of our shared humanity. We can all affect change. But, are we going to do it with peace, and love?
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:34 PM   #592
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
I'm completely unsurprised at your insane antagonizing.
I'm completely unsurprised at your pointing out something obvious that everyone else has commented on.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:49 PM   #593
Joker_in_the_Pack

I refuse to begin with the phrase, "I'm completely unsurprised"

I'll just go on to say Ophie, you're an unrelenting ball-buster, you know that right?
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:51 PM   #594
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack
I refuse to begin with the phrase, "I'm completely unsurprised"

I'll just go on to say Ophie, you're an unrelenting ball-buster, you know that right?
Yes.
There are balls that need busting, and who am I to deny a duty?
Old 01-26-2009, 06:55 PM   #595
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
I'm completely unsurprised at your pointing out something obvious that everyone else has commented on.
JCC alone made a similar comment to mine before I did, and yet you believe you can accuse him of generalizing?
I know you don't actually argue legitimate points so much as try to be the loyal opposition to anything, but come on.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 01-26-2009, 06:57 PM   #596
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
JCC alone made a similar comment to mine before I did, and yet you believe you can accuse him of generalizing?
I know you don't actually argue legitimate points so much as try to be the loyal opposition to anything, but come on.
It wasn't that, dude.

He said that Unimatrix's taste was completely bad. To our knowledge, she likes ONE bad thing.

For all we know, she's very cultured.
I mean, it's unlikely, but it's pretty foolish to say she's not when there's no basis.

That's legit.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:02 PM   #597
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
He said that Unimatrix's taste was completely bad. To our knowledge, she likes ONE bad thing.
She has mentioned a lot of her tastes in many of her hundreds of posts.
You can't accuse JCC of generalizing just because he's observant and made a pattern. If you're just going to judge Uni based on this one taste ignoring all others which I really doubt you could be possibly unaware of, then why not hold JCC to the same standard and not say he's always "insanely generalizing" merely because of one post?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 01-26-2009, 07:09 PM   #598
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
She has mentioned a lot of her tastes in many of her hundreds of posts.
You can't accuse JCC of generalizing just because he's observant and made a pattern. If you're just going to judge Uni based on this one taste ignoring all others which I really doubt you could be possibly unaware of, then why not hold JCC to the same standard and not say he's always "insanely generalizing" merely because of one post?
I didn't say he is always insanely generalizing. I said that I wasn't surprised that he did.

Also, it doesn't matter how many bad things she mentions. It IS possible she likes things that are good, so it IS wrong to say she is entirely without culture.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:13 PM   #599
JCC

Quote:
I didn't say he is always insanely generalizing. I said that I wasn't surprised that he did.
So, you were completely unsurprised that I did something I've not done beforehand? Why, because you looked into your internet crystal ball?
Old 01-26-2009, 07:17 PM   #600
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
So, you were completely unsurprised that I did something I've not done beforehand? Why, because you looked into your internet crystal ball?
HAHAHAHAHAHA.
You're ridiculous.