Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #1
Serren

Cool shops in london?

I don't know if anyone can give me any tips on shopping in London. I am going this weekend and planning to hit Camden market. I believe there are meant to be some good charity/vintage shops near to the south west I think of Camden.
Serren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:38 PM   #2
PortraitOfSanity

34 Karats!

Where?

London.

London?

Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o tea, Mary fucking Poppins, London!

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:55 AM   #3
Malice In Wonderland

Camden high street sucks.
Soho's amazing though.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:53 AM   #4
Serren

I liked Camden. I found some of the more trad Gothic clothing much of a muchness tho. I found a really nice choker tho, however it was quite pricey so I had a good luck at it and plan to make my own. I also really liked the food court thing near the canal.

Couldn't seem to get to Soho- all the signs there were taken down and I haven't been to London in so long that we couldn't quite get there, we ended up in China town which was good, but not really what we were looking for.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:49 PM   #5
Thymian

Camden's pretty good for goth stuff if you're willing to root around a bit and wander down the side streets. The main markets are mostly full of trash. There are some really amazing (albeit very expensive) shops however, including Fairy Goth Mother (amazing corsets and dresses/skirts) Black Rose, which used to be better than it is now, but still has a lot of interesting jewellery and suchlike, and cyberdog, which is obviously mostly aimed at the cyber subculture, but is still great fun to go into even if you're not into that style.
Thymian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:32 PM   #6
Serren

Yeah, I went into cyber dog, it was just like I remembered it being :-)

I did look up some shops I wanted to find but I think we ended up getting a bit disorientated and sort of ended up wandering about quite aimlessly. I got a hand painted t shirt, and some jewelery in the end. As well as some touristy crap. I am really bad for tacky souvenir shops.