Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
Drake Dun

Customer service fail.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/TRAVEL/0...log/index.html

I've just been plaing GTA4 and this is exactly the sort of thing that would show up as background fluff in it. Lol.
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:06 PM   #2
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Where is Captain Sternn's perspective on a corporate customer abuser when we need him, hmmmm? Could his absence have something to do with the fact that Ryanair is based in Dublin?

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:59 AM   #3
Joker_in_the_Pack

He tries to publicize how to rip off an airline and he's surprised they're pissed off.

Idiot.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:31 AM   #4
LaBelleDameSansMerci

I don't think it's that he's surprised they're pissed off. I think he's surprised at the rather vicious nature of their response.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:59 AM   #5
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack
He tries to publicize how to rip off an airline and he's surprised they're pissed off.

Idiot.
They're a business, and people expect professionalism from such businesses. Sure, the folks at the airline can be "pissed off", but calling customers "idiots" and "lunatics" is a really good way to drive away paying customers.

Not only that, but if he reported the glitch to the airline, they should thank him for pointing it out so that they could fix whatever the problem was. [Though it seemed to fix itself.]
Old 02-27-2009, 01:48 PM   #6
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
Where is Captain Sternn's perspective on a corporate customer abuser when we need him, hmmmm? Could his absence have something to do with the fact that Ryanair is based in Dublin?

Hah. Ye obviously have never heard of Michael O'Leary.

Personally,I like the guy. Most of the country begrudges him for things like this, but the reality is he is a down to earth guy with a great business mind.

This is exactly the sort of thing that gets him in the news here, we see it as normal.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:54 PM   #7
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
They're a business, and people expect professionalism from such businesses. Sure, the folks at the airline can be "pissed off", but calling customers "idiots" and "lunatics" is a really good way to drive away paying customers.

Again, this is Michael O'Leary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_O%27Leary_(Ryanair)

He reacts like any average person. Forget he is a CEO. He is often bleeped on the news during press releases for saying exactly what he is thinking.

Thing is, his great business mind keeps Ryanair making money by keeping costs down. Check their website. Fly anywhere in Europe for under €50. Imagine if you could fly anywhere in America for under $50. Since he offers these deals, everyone in the country flys Ryanair all the time. Since he is such a great businessman and keeps costs down, the prices stay this low.

Sure, many people say he often acts like a child and talks a lot of trash and says things he shouldn't, but everyone in Ireland loves they can fly all around Europe for next to nothing, so we pay it no mind these days.

You can bet even the lad he blessed out will be flying Ryanair next time he books a flight.

I mean seriously, check these prices -

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/

You can fly to some cities for A FIVER! TAKE A FLIGHT TO ANOTHER COUNTRY FOR A FIVER.

Love him or hate him, everyone still travels Ryanair
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:15 PM   #8
crucifix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
exactly. at work i frequently express my frustration and the fact that I am pissed off at people when they are doing things that are just plain, well, stupid. But, I have to keep it subtle and down to mostly my tone and body language or else my manager chews me out. oh, the joys of customer service.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote