Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:37 PM   #1
Mr E Nigma

Kilt! I need help

In one of my classes at school our final project is to make a garment using non-cloth related items. As in, like trash bags, you know, recycled stuff theme as opposed to materials.

So the garment I want to create above anything else is a Kilt made out of lanyards. I'm just wondering, from the people with fashion experience, what would be a good way to go about making it.

Feel free to give advice now, when I get a chance I'll sketch out a decent design for it, but basically imagine a kilt but instead of the whole plaid pattern etc... imagine lanyards, in a vertical fashion, all around the outside of the kilt, completely covering it up. That'll be what it should look like.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:05 AM   #2
zebra

Wait, so do you plan on weaving the lanyard together to make a kind of fabric? Or do you want them to just hang down like a hula skirt? Sounds like it would take forever...
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #3
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Wait, so do you plan on weaving the lanyard together to make a kind of fabric? Or do you want them to just hang down like a hula skirt? Sounds like it would take forever...
I'm not sure, I'm tossing around ideas, but yeah, one of those 2, with the hanging down though, I was going to attach the inside part of them together, so it sort of has a ruffled effect, and the inside will be lined with a trashbag or something else that I can just attach them too without it looking horrendous
Old 03-26-2009, 11:56 PM   #4
Lakita in the House!

i knew you was a homo y'all wants to wear a skirt, that ain't right.
Lakita in the House! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:22 AM   #5
Pineapple_Juice

This is old so I don't know if you an still use it but there's a website that's fantastic called Craftster and I'm sure they'd have a buttload of ideas for you.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:32 AM   #6
Mr E Nigma

Thanks! Nah, I still need ideas! haha... I'm working out a few styles at the moment before I decide which is more practical and still looks good.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #7
Serren

Hmm I think kilts can be quite hard to make, I know my husbands has to go to the dry cleaners so it can have all the pleats ironed in it.
Serren is offline   Reply With Quote