Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 07-02-2009, 05:26 PM   #26
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
It's hard to say, but I say that probably think of it in proportion to organic food buyers compared to just regular food buyers.
I might even dare to say there's more raw vegans that are so because they're primitivists than just raw vegans as a further step to regular vegans.

Pretty much, its not a further step to regular veganism, so to speak, but veganism and raw foodism combined, really.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:45 PM   #27
Godslayer Jillian

American fat diet -> eating -> healthy eating -> pescaterianism -> lacto-ovo -> vegetarianism -> veganism -> raw veganism -> microbiotic diet.
I just made a hierarchy of diets.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:43 PM   #28
Beneath the Shadows

I've just never heard of raw veganism. I've never discounted it, either, as I've never really given any consideration.

I wonder how many raw carnivarians, or whatever you want to call them, are out there...

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:12 PM   #29
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows View Post
I've just never heard of raw veganism. I've never discounted it, either, as I've never really given any consideration.

I wonder how many raw carnivarians, or whatever you want to call them, are out there...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raw_foo...mal_food_diets

Doesn't give any numbers but still, its more popular than you would think, especially the so-called "Paleolithic Diet" that they mention there.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:12 AM   #30
Still Jack

Almonds are crap, pasturized or unpasturized.
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:05 AM   #31
Beneath the Shadows

Yeah, once you've digested them.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:41 AM   #32
Graveyard.Crow

Almonds do not become unvegan after the process, they become raw. However I think it is not only the raw vegans who worry about the nutritional value of their food. People should be allowed the choice, and if they would like to take the risk of eating something raw, knowing that it has a greater chance of becoming rancid/harmful bacteria, it should be up to those who buy. Outdated or not, it's a petition.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #33
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
So important that you've been unknowingly living without them for two years and noticed no change?
Hahaha you suck.
Yes I noticed a difference, yes I found out recently, I do not see the suck. I I care now, and that's what matters.Stop trying to mend your broken ego over being bullied in highschool, I find you too sad for words. It seems that all you do is search around this forum for shit to bitch about. It's evident by the speed of your responce, and by the constant negativity over EVERYTHING. Seriously, grow up already, you aren't scaring anyone from your keyboard, other than maybe some insecure 13 year olds you've actually managed to upset in their fragile state.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:45 AM   #34
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
GC, is your persona here a joke?
I don't take internet seriously enough to have a "persona", I have you know, one of those real life things you may have heard about.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:04 AM   #35
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard.Crow View Post
Almonds do not become unvegan after the process, they become raw. However I think it is not only the raw vegans who worry about the nutritional value of their food. People should be allowed the choice, and if they would like to take the risk of eating something raw, knowing that it has a greater chance of becoming rancid/harmful bacteria, it should be up to those who buy. Outdated or not, it's a petition.
No, its up to the farmers not to risk giving their consumers salmonella. There is a lot of risks with factory farming, yes, and I am opposed to unnecessary fumigation, especially in this case of using a carcinogen, but the steaming process isn't harmful except raw foodists insist they lose precious vitamins over it. However a diet in which ONE and ONE food is so direly needed isn't much of a diet, is it? Raw foodists aren't the only ones who worry about nutrition, but almonds are still healthy and nutritional after being steamed. Variety is the spice of life and almonds shouldn't be a problem to avoid if you really want to be 100% raw. But if you want raw almonds so bad, get an almond tree.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:03 PM   #36
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
I don't take internet seriously enough to have a "persona", I have you know, one of those real life things you may have heard about.
I have a real life too and yet I manage to portray myself here as I am in real life because I know there's people on the other side of the screen. Does that make me superior to you?
And with what right do you tell her to grow up? She's not the one that can only insult her by throwing unbased accusations about her life in high school. You can't find a legitimate reason to call back on her so you have to say "oh you just cry because you were a loser five years ago"? That's not exactly mature.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #37
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Yes I noticed a difference, yes I found out recently, I do not see the suck. I I care now, and that's what matters.Stop trying to mend your broken ego over being bullied in highschool, I find you too sad for words. It seems that all you do is search around this forum for shit to bitch about. It's evident by the speed of your responce, and by the constant negativity over EVERYTHING. Seriously, grow up already, you aren't scaring anyone from your keyboard, other than maybe some insecure 13 year olds you've actually managed to upset in their fragile state.
Haha wtf.
You're such a fucking loser and everyone here sees it.
It's hysterical.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:50 AM   #38
viscus

Raw foods people are misguided. Just because something is "natural" doesn't mean it's "better." A lot of foods nutritional value is actually increased as it's cooked.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #39
Anarasha

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear that you don't care enough about anything to even do a simple thing as this. Anyone who does, it will be greatly appriciated. Thanks.
Did it ever occur to you that they may care about stuff, but they just do not agree with this?
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote