Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
Sephiroth Kali

Washing Jacket

I have a tripp jacket, that I love, but I don't wear it often. I am scared to wash it, because I don't want it to fade. Every detergent claims not to fade clothes, but we all know thats not always the case. Any ideas?
Sephiroth Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:02 AM   #2
korinna5555

I use this stuff:
http://www.ecos.com/ecosliquid.html
on a cold/cold setting, then dry on extra-low heat. Seems to be the best thing for black clothing I've found so far - the Woolite Dark is utter shit.
You might want to air dry the jacket though.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
Lolly PopMuzik

Urgh, not Tripp. I can count the recent stuff they made that's actually tasteful on one hand, if not two. (Anyone know about their 80s stuff?) And of course, there's also the fact that if bought cheaply, it will fall apart quite quickly.

Cheer Dark with cold water can be an option but if not, there's always buying something nicer from a thrift or department store. Please seriously consider the second option.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:55 AM   #4
Sephiroth Kali

lol, Thanks Lolly, but I already have the jacket. Bought it about a year go. It's done quite well for me, as has all my tripp clothing. If anything on them is messed up, its my fault.

I agree its pricey, and I wish they had more for men, but its a company that I can pretty much buy from anywhere, and the clothes make a statement. lol, that statement has changed over the years, but so do we.
Sephiroth Kali is offline   Reply With Quote