Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:20 AM   #426
creature6

http://www.fringefestival.org/2008/i...ws/400/815.jpg
Old 10-28-2009, 10:22 AM   #427
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophagist View Post
Alan, shut up. You don't know what fat is.
I'm guessing that you're a pretty good example.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #428
Still Jack

I'm finding it very hard to believe that people still actually give a fuck what's considered fat and what isn't.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #429
Mourning Would

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
Do you realize how many perfectly healthy girls who just happen to be size 6 or 8 are told they are anorexic and too thin just because they happen to be naturally slim? Ok, on some people a size 12 looks fine, a 14 is still a big size though even this size looks different on individual people based on their build and their height. Don't start the whole *calling people fat makes them anorexic* bullshit because anorexia is a far more complex illness than that, well, it is from what I understand about it.
Once you pass a certain height it is unhealthy. If your only about 5 foot tall then being a size 8 is normal, but being 6 foot tall and still being a size 8 is unhealthy, you need weight to support yourself. And if 14 isn't average how come the only sizes that are ever left are 12 and below and 16 and above? It's infuriating! Also, calling people fat hardly helps. Although it works in reverse with me. I never actually said that causes anorexia, but it is proven to be a major contributing factor to the causes. I was in some shop or other the other day, I can't remember where, but it was one of those places where the clothes are sized S to XL. I think it's just plain unfair that an XL is the equivelant of a 14 (also it wasn't fair that all the XLs were gone in the skirt I liked). The media is implying that 14 is too big to be healthy and that we should all eat less. I'd rather eat my chocolate and be considered fat then sarve and be considered atractive
Mourning Would is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:22 PM   #430
Solumina

Be happy with your fatness, that is fine, but it doesn't make a 12 average and it doesn't make you healthy.

Personally I am in excellent shape, it takes quite a lot to make me even the slightest bit winded, I am well within the percentage range for body fat, I have excellent cardiovascular health, and to top it off I have rather large, lovely breasts. Yet at 5'6 I'm a size 4, call me unhealthy all you want if that makes you feel better but it simply isn't the case.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:28 PM   #431
Mourning Would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Be happy with your fatness, that is fine, but it doesn't make a 12 average and it doesn't make you healthy.

Personally I am in excellent shape, it takes quite a lot to make me even the slightest bit winded, I am well within the percentage range for body fat, I have excellent cardiovascular health, and to top it off I have rather large, lovely breasts. Yet at 5'6 I'm a size 4, call me unhealthy all you want if that makes you feel better but it simply isn't the case.
It's the average size going by average height/weight. I don't like being a size 14, but if I was a size 8 I wouldn't look nice at all. I'm happy for you about being a size 4, your lucky, obviously your body fat is distributed evenly. I'm just saying that people starving themselves to achieve that isn't healthy.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:30 PM   #432
Necrophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
I'm guessing that you're a pretty good example.
That's just it, I'm not. I know many fat people and they're cooler than you Lame nerdy looking fudgemonkey...

Besides, I thought size 12 UK wasn't fat? This is pointless anyways JCC you hold a grudge for far too long, lol foureyes lolol.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #433
creature6

does it matter..............
it can go on and on..........

who care!
they are far more important things in life than fucking size 12/fat.....
and all the rest.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:38 PM   #434
Mourning Would

I'd like to make it clear to everyone that I'm talking about UK sizing, I've no idea how European or US sizing works
Old 10-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #435
creature6

repeat after me fucking mode...
same story ,different person.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:12 PM   #436
SweetJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourning Would View Post
where, but it was one of those places where the clothes are sized S to XL. I think it's just plain unfair that an XL is the equivelant of a 14 (also it wasn't fair that all the XLs were gone in the skirt I liked). The media is implying that 14 is too big to be healthy and that we should all eat less. I'd rather eat my chocolate and be considered fat then sarve and be considered atractive

Uh... what? So you've actively made the descision that eating chocolate is more important to you than being attractive and you're mad that no one caters to your size... oh... but you just said that they DO carry your size. But you don't like that you're wearing the biggest size. What the fuck? We should be eating less. I should be eating less, and it's a work in progress that never would have happened for me if I hadn't gone to thereapy. I've lost weight recently and I feel great, but a lot of bad eating habits form as a result of what your parents taught you and as a reaction to an emotional disorder.

I'm tired of the fat acceptance movement turning into making OCD overeating and other forms of emotional eating look healthier than anorexia or bullemia. I think it's funny that noone seems to realize that the root of compulsive overeating is the same as the root of anorexia and neither are healthy.

There are plenty of healthy weights in the MIDDLE- size 8 is fucking unhealthy? What world are you living in?
Old 10-28-2009, 02:12 PM   #437
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourning Would View Post
I'd like to make it clear to everyone that I'm talking about UK sizing, I've no idea how European or US sizing works
UK sizes are about one size smaller than US sizes as this thread has mostly been about UK sizes that is the size that I gave, in other words I'm a US 2 but a UK 4, I don't know about European sizing.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-28-2009, 02:23 PM   #438
creature6

Old 10-28-2009, 02:26 PM   #439
Solumina

What do shoe sizes have to do with clothing sizes?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-28-2009, 02:31 PM   #440
honeythorn

I'm not even kidding here Solumina, but in a "normal" ( as in not alternative, I am unsure of alternative sizes as they use inches for waist measurements , not 8, 10 12 ect ) clothes store over here, such as River Island for example, or Jane Norman , you wouldn't find anything to fit you . They don't carry sizes in UK 4 to my knowledge ( I have to go into these stores a lot with very slim friends when shopping)

The smallest you'd find here is an 8, possibly, just possibly a 6 and those are not often seen.

No joke, you'd have to go into the childrens section to find clothes to fit you.

US sizing may possibly be more than one size down from ours.

Quote:
Besides, I thought size 12 UK wasn't fat?
It isn't. It's an average size along with a 14. A UK 16 is where the plus sizing starts. Stores here don't often even stock size 16 in the plus size sections which I think they should. You won't find a 12 or 14 in the plus size sections of stores here.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:31 PM   #441
skoteinh

OK, let's talk about feet.

Shoe size 5, big or small?
Old 10-28-2009, 02:33 PM   #442
creature6

well enough is enough and the way people still goes on about sizes and argue over it is stupid .
that's why i wanted to talk about shoes sizes.
you don't understand the trouble that some people have when it come to picking a new pair of shoes.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:35 PM   #443
creature6

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoteinh View Post
OK, let's talk about feet.

Shoe size 5, big or small?
i'm size 5 and i'm quite happy with it.
i think it's a descent size.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:38 PM   #444
skoteinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by creature6 View Post
i'm size 5 and i'm quite happy with it.
i think it's a descent size.
I was just being ironic, creature.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:50 PM   #445
creature6

i was being sarcastic
Old 10-28-2009, 02:53 PM   #446
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
US sizing may possibly be more than one size down from ours.
No, most people are larger than I am and therefor it can be difficult for me to find clothing that fits properly in your average mass market clothing store, and even then when the tag says 2 that doesn't always mean that it is an actual two. If I go to more of a high end establishment or to a boutique it is amazing how much easier it is to find clothing that is the my size.

The average girth is growing and clothing stores aren't stupid, they know that women are more likely to buy clothing if it isn't in the plus section and if the the number is smaller, that is why you are starting to find so many lines of clothing that have sizes that deviate greatly from the norm (I believe bridal shops are the worst offenders, I'm a 00 at most that I have been to, a difference of two full sizes, and even so many of them would have needed to be taken in) and why you find sizes 12 and up in the regular sections. This sad attempt at boosting sales by boosting egos doesn't mean that the fashion industry and other clothing stores need to reconsider what it means to be plus sized.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-28-2009, 03:01 PM   #447
honeythorn

No it's pretty much been that way here for as long as I can recall, certainly since I started shopping for myself when I was 12 or so, and most likely before that as well. It isn't a recent occurrance to boost sales.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:05 PM   #448
creature6

design your own fucking clothes then you won't have that problem.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:14 PM   #449
Solumina

I honestly don't know when the inflation of sizes started (and I never said that it was recent) as most of my clothing is SML type sizing but I know that I have seen 12-20s in with the non plus sizes (I think we can all agree that a size 20 is a plus size) so to me the fact that it can be found outside of the plus section doesn't mean much. Every plus sized store that I have been in (I do help friends shop after all) carries size 10 (UK 12), there is no motive for them to have a size that isn't a plus size, there really aren't women who want to go to plus sized shops to buy their clothes, so why the hell would they all carry something that isn't actually a plus size?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #450
honeythorn

Oddly enough I've not been in a plus size store here and seen anything below a 16. Seriously.