Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:06 PM   #1
XnguelaXvat

Hey kiddles!

Anyone miss me?

On a whim tonight I decided to see how things were going here. I'll re-post an intro and see how it goes.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
Well, I finally made it back to school, and I'm pursuing a degree in Education supplemented by my income babysitting.

2. Where are you from?
Some of you know I'm originally from Minnesota, but about a year ago my honey and I moved to Baltimore, which is where I live now.

3. Who is your favorite author?
Stephanie Meyer. No, I'm so kidding on every possible level. I always hated that question. Team Jacob. I mean, what? I have no idea what you mean. Leave me alone.

4. What are your favorite films?
Ooh, as I'm typing this I'm watching Inglourious Basterds (sp?) and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I love most French language films. Recently saw a hilarious film called 8 Femmes, it was completely hysterical. I'm still not sure if it was meant to be a comedy.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
"Our song" is Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton. Judge if you will.

6. At your funeral?
I think I'll be beyond caring.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Depends on my mood. Sometimes quickly, sometimes painfully, sometimes sooner, sometimes never.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
I wouldn't want any surviving members of my family to have to shell out cash for a casket. Burn me and throw me out please.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
I don't know anymore. Probably my paisley dress. Wish it fit better.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Caring.

11. What's your favorite band?
Cat Stevens.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I'm probably a sophomore. Or a junior. Or something. I'm majoring in Elementary Ed.

13. Why did you join?
I'm kind of bored right now and chatting with a friend's babygoff brother on Facebook. So I thought of this place. Good to be back! We'll see how long I last.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
XnguelaXvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:47 PM   #2
emeraldlonewoulf

heh! welcome back, I don't do much beyond lurking occasionally, myself. glad to hear you are back in school. Hell, you probably don't even remember me, it isn't like i posted that much back in the day either. You are remembered by many, i'm sure. If they are still around... Ben is around here somewhere... or he was a week or two ago. This is the first post I saw today or have read yet. Others show up now and then, but are hard to spot at first, due to name changes and such.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:41 AM   #3
LadyVye

If you like French language films you should try Brotherhood of the Wolf
LadyVye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:52 PM   #4
Xeric2000

Greeings and welcome back!
Xeric2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:26 AM   #5
Ben Lahnger

Hot damn! It is SOOOOOO very good to see a hint that you might still post once in a while. I have to say, not many people made me laugh and smile on a consistent basis as you did. Since it's been more than over half a month, I wonder if you'll come back and see this.

Baltimore, eh? That's no warmer this time of year than Minnesota, is it? Well, I always loved the Minnesotans (except when they root for their pro football team) but have no idea about Baltimoreans. Lots of Edgar Allen Poe lore there. Did you know that the bar in which legend says Poe was last seen drinking before his death still stands in Fells Point in Baltimore, Maryland, and is now known as The Horse You Came In On! LOL! Have a drink there and think of me if you're ever in the neighborhood.

How they treating you in Baltimore?

I think the choice of the EC song is fabulous. I've long had a very sentimental attachment to the lyrics of that song. It's an uncharacteristic throwback to the kind of lyrics they used to write ... like Gershwin's "They Can't Take That Away From Me", Robinson's "You've Really Got A Hold On Me" or Kern's "The Way You Look Tonight". If somebody judges your choice of that song, they judge me as well.

Miss you, kiddo.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:08 PM   #6
Solumina

How did I miss this thread until now? Good to have you back Xng, even if you only came to lurk.

I'm glad to see you are back in school, I hope your courses are going well and good luck on exams if you haven't already finished them. Out of curiosity are you planning on getting a masters or not? I know a lot of school systems in northern Va require them but I don't know how it is across the boarder.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:49 AM   #7
Beowulf

Welcome back Xng !!!. : )
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:38 PM   #8
Saya

I clearly need to check the intro boards more often.

Hope you post more often! I have you on facebook but its hard to think of anything to say that way >.>
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:38 PM   #9
Corpsey

Beinvenue a retourner!

I remember you as the first person to convince me to talk to them on Canterbury Cream (alcoholic liqueur). Many laughs were abound.

Nice to see you once more, post every now and then, Xng.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:23 AM   #10
XnguelaXvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldlonewoulf View Post
heh! welcome back, I don't do much beyond lurking occasionally, myself. glad to hear you are back in school. Hell, you probably don't even remember me, it isn't like i posted that much back in the day either. You are remembered by many, i'm sure. If they are still around... Ben is around here somewhere... or he was a week or two ago. This is the first post I saw today or have read yet. Others show up now and then, but are hard to spot at first, due to name changes and such.
I'm such a douche, I didn't even check back here until the always fantastic Ben Lahnger tweeted me about it (Yes, I'm on Twitter. It's Xnguela, as always.)

Good to hear from you, emeraldlonewoulf. I do remember you, and it's nice to know you're still around.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:27 AM   #11
XnguelaXvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Hot damn! It is SOOOOOO very good to see a hint that you might still post once in a while. I have to say, not many people made me laugh and smile on a consistent basis as you did. Since it's been more than over half a month, I wonder if you'll come back and see this.

Baltimore, eh? That's no warmer this time of year than Minnesota, is it? Well, I always loved the Minnesotans (except when they root for their pro football team) but have no idea about Baltimoreans. Lots of Edgar Allen Poe lore there. Did you know that the bar in which legend says Poe was last seen drinking before his death still stands in Fells Point in Baltimore, Maryland, and is now known as The Horse You Came In On! LOL! Have a drink there and think of me if you're ever in the neighborhood.

How they treating you in Baltimore?

I think the choice of the EC song is fabulous. I've long had a very sentimental attachment to the lyrics of that song. It's an uncharacteristic throwback to the kind of lyrics they used to write ... like Gershwin's "They Can't Take That Away From Me", Robinson's "You've Really Got A Hold On Me" or Kern's "The Way You Look Tonight". If somebody judges your choice of that song, they judge me as well.

Miss you, kiddo.
Ben-- in addition to all sorts of Poe stuff (incredible exhibit about him at the BMA by my house actually), Baltimore is pretty big on John Waters, who you may know from his Hairspray fame but who is not necessarily characterized by that film. His stuff is strange but cool, so you should probably check it out. Pink Flamingos is maybe the most controversial, and not for the weak-of-stomach.

And I'm glad you like my wedding song... because that's what I'll be dancing to this June 13, when I marry that guy you all may have remembered me talking about way back when, the guy I've been dating for the past 5 years, JP. ^.^
Old 12-23-2009, 09:30 AM   #12
XnguelaXvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
How did I miss this thread until now? Good to have you back Xng, even if you only came to lurk.

I'm glad to see you are back in school, I hope your courses are going well and good luck on exams if you haven't already finished them. Out of curiosity are you planning on getting a masters or not? I know a lot of school systems in northern Va require them but I don't know how it is across the boarder.
Hey, Solumina! Exams went ok, but I was stupid enough to have tried to do 18 credits, work part time, and volunteer 2 days a week. So my marks aren't quite as high as they could be. I haven't decided about the masters thing yet, it's not a requirement in Baltimore at entry-level positions (I think you need one after you've been teaching for x years though) and getting one actually means your starting pay is legally required to be higher, which can affect hireability. But a higher pay point could help me pay off student loans faster so I could start a family. It's still kind of up in the air.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:32 AM   #13
XnguelaXvat

Thanks also to Beowulf, Saya, and Corpsey, all of whom I also missed. I promise. <3
Old 12-23-2009, 01:01 PM   #14
Ben Lahnger

Hey, it's about time you and J.P. finished up with the formalities. It was pretty clear to me a while ago that it takes an exceptional guy to match up with an exception gal, and he be dat to you! ;^D

Throw a really grand party, eh? Enjoy a barley-pop or two for me! LOL!

BTW, my wedding song was "When A Man Loves A Woman" by Percy Sledge.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:30 AM   #15
Wolve

Poe

Quote:
Originally Posted by XnguelaXvat View Post
Ben-- in addition to all sorts of Poe stuff (incredible exhibit about him at the BMA by my house actually), Baltimore is pretty big on John Waters, who you may know from his Hairspray fame but who is not necessarily characterized by that film. His stuff is strange but cool, so you should probably check it out. Pink Flamingos is maybe the most controversial, and not for the weak-of-stomach.

And I'm glad you like my wedding song... because that's what I'll be dancing to this June 13, when I marry that guy you all may have remembered me talking about way back when, the guy I've been dating for the past 5 years, JP. ^.^
I know I am new here, but if you like Poe and are new to Bmore, Westminster Hall is on the corner of Green and Fayette streets. It is the burial grounds for Mr. Poe and family. They do tours of the grounds and catacombs. Cool little tour and history there.
Wolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:41 PM   #16
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
:Bows in homage:
I think I remember you more as DarkHeartedDemoness, but your reputation as Xng preceded our meeting, so I continue to greet you with respect as one of the pre-mass banning/exodus members. Welcome back!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote