Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:43 AM   #26
LakitaJackson

I'd say their problem is that they're not trying hard enough. But it's not like everything there is crap. Hell, my local Hot Topic just stocked a bunch of Siouxsie, Depeche Mode, The Cure, Bauhaus, and The Smiths shirts. As soon as I get paid I'm definitely gonna grab a few.
LakitaJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:41 PM   #27
Angelic Dissonance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland View Post
And I want you shot.
I've learnt to deal with my disappointment.
I could take care of that....

or I could shoot you.
.......with my penis?
Angelic Dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:22 AM   #28
Devil Tiger

Location: In the vacinity of and area, a jasoned to a location...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
What the hell are you guys talking about? Hot Topic was always overpriced crap that was meant to capitalize on whatever subculture happens to be the most popular, right now it is a combo of hipster and emo (hence all of the random crap). This isn't to say that it is terribly evil or that nothing there is worth buying, their clearance racks can have some pretty sweet deals, but it was never about the music, it is owned by a major fucking corporation, it is about making lots of money.
Please Angels an Ministers of grace watch over this person; as she tells it like it Fucking IS!

I have to admit I have wandered into that place from time to time. And left feeling so unclean! Oh the Humanity.
Devil Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:44 AM   #29
Naked Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Corrosion View Post
Is Hot Topic Trying to Hard?
Yes, but haven't they always?
Naked Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:35 AM   #30
Devil Tiger

Location: In the vacinity of and area, a jasoned to a location...
yeahI hear you guys and Gals, that is why I profess, if you have the skills; DIY rules.
Devil Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #31
Mariner

I hate the direction Hot Topic is going for sure...but on a good note I got a Siouxsie and the Banshees shirt there not long ago. That store certainly has its bad points (Lady Gaga merchandise for instance), however I don't buy something based on the store it's in (that seems a bit silly to me), I buy something if I like it. Can't say I can take a "stance" on Hot Topic...or any store for that matter.
Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:12 PM   #32
Angelic Dissonance

You know, I hated Lady Gaga for so long... but then I went to Hot Topic and listened to The Fame Monster for a joke, and now....

Eehh, Poker Face, and ....it's all so catchy.......
I could dance to it!!! For Shame!!!!!!!!!!!!
Angelic Dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:40 PM   #33
Raza

Hot Topic is trying to make money, not achieve any kind of aesthetic or cultural ideal. They seem to be trying fairly hard, but I'm not sure that this hurts their success.

That said, I don't much care for them or anything they do, or stock.
Raza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:44 PM   #34
Mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raza View Post
Hot Topic is trying to make money, not achieve any kind of aesthetic or cultural ideal. They seem to be trying fairly hard, but I'm not sure that this hurts their success.

That said, I don't much care for them or anything they do, or stock.
Yes, make money! Good observation, that's what every store aims to do lol.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:20 PM   #35
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Dissonance View Post
You know, I hated Lady Gaga for so long... but then I went to Hot Topic and listened to The Fame Monster for a joke, and now....

Eehh, Poker Face, and ....it's all so catchy.......
I could dance to it!!! For Shame!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm your biggest fan, i'll follow you until you love me! Papa-paparazzi!

shit is my jam son.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #36
Anndrea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Corrosion View Post
trying to hard?
Trying to hard what? Sorry-that's been bothering me ever since i've seen this thread.
i don't see any use of bashing the store, just let the scenesters shop there and leave it alone.
Anndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:26 AM   #37
Amunet

I love lady gaga because she is very unique... it takes either massive balls to wear the shit she wears (Or a massive amount of crazy)

her songs are catchy, not lyrically genius but, obviously she's making gagillions of dollars off them.... kudos lol

as for hot topic... eh, there's a lot of crap in there, but some of the accessories are cool. I mean they are so overpriced though, it'd be cheaper and I think a bit more expressive to make your own in my opinion.
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:54 AM   #38
Mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
I love lady gaga because she is very unique... it takes either massive balls to wear the shit she wears (Or a massive amount of crazy)

her songs are catchy, not lyrically genius but, obviously she's making gagillions of dollars off them.... kudos lol

as for hot topic... eh, there's a lot of crap in there, but some of the accessories are cool. I mean they are so overpriced though, it'd be cheaper and I think a bit more expressive to make your own in my opinion.
Agree with the terrible prices. I found these little hair clips there and they were I think about $10, I could have made them for $5 or maybe less.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:05 AM   #39
MissCheyenne

Can't really comment on Hot Topic as such since we don't (as far as I'm aware) have them in England but there is a store which I imagine is somewhat similar in nature where I live called Blue Banana. It's over priced and boring in my opinion. Everyone who shops there regularly ends up looking exactly the same as all their individual little friends. I admit to buying the occasional item from there but I find that I much prefer to buy my stuff in so called *normal* shops. In all honesty though, I don't care if shops like that are trying too hard, it makes no difference to me and if people want to shop there and look exactly like everyone else then they can go right ahead. I'm old enough now to realize that I don't need to look outrageously alternative anymore. I'm quite comfortable being myself without the need to declare my allegiance to an alternative lifestyle to everyone who passes me by.
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:36 AM   #40
Mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
Can't really comment on Hot Topic as such since we don't (as far as I'm aware) have them in England but there is a store which I imagine is somewhat similar in nature where I live called Blue Banana. It's over priced and boring in my opinion. Everyone who shops there regularly ends up looking exactly the same as all their individual little friends. I admit to buying the occasional item from there but I find that I much prefer to buy my stuff in so called *normal* shops. In all honesty though, I don't care if shops like that are trying too hard, it makes no difference to me and if people want to shop there and look exactly like everyone else then they can go right ahead. I'm old enough now to realize that I don't need to look outrageously alternative anymore. I'm quite comfortable being myself without the need to declare my allegiance to an alternative lifestyle to everyone who passes me by.
Shopping in *normal* shops in my opinion is the most fun. I love finding items of clothing in stores and wearing them differently than the people that usually shop there would wear them.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:52 PM   #41
jpb7776

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
I hate the direction Hot Topic is going for sure...but on a good note I got a Siouxsie and the Banshees shirt there not long ago. That store certainly has its bad points (Lady Gaga merchandise for instance), however I don't buy something based on the store it's in (that seems a bit silly to me), I buy something if I like it. Can't say I can take a "stance" on Hot Topic...or any store for that matter.
True. They occasionally get some decent/awesome shirts in, but usually by the time I get in to see them, they've run out of my size...However, judging by the fact that, when I am around one, I always go in to see which shirts/stuff they have means they are doing something right, but they majority of the store is worthless. At least for me.
jpb7776 is offline   Reply With Quote