Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:25 PM   #1
Aberrant Beauty

*insert witty introduction thread title here*

you can call me Abby. I'm 17 and from Saint John, New Brunswick (Canada) and living in Vancouver at the moment. I'm not "goth" or "emo" or "scene" or any other label people like putting on other people. I am me. I'm going to be like me, not like some other person, and if you don't like who I am, well, that's too bad cause I really don't care.

now I suppose I should answer the questions like I'm supposed to...

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I like listening to music, photography and photo editing, gaming, facebooking and chatting on messenger, eating and sleeping, hopefully will be getting a job soon.

2. Where are you from?
think I answered that in my little paragraph already.

3. Who is your favorite author?
dont really have one, I like reading Robin Cook books though.

4. What are your favorite films?
I'd have to say the Matrix is my favorite movie and I like most horror movies especially zombie and paranormal ones.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
hahaha yeah right, I'm never getting married.
6. At your funeral?
probably SOAD, maybe some Marilyn Manson and definitely Midnight by TSO.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
I can see myself committing suicide after going on a mass murder of everyone who has bullied me... or something either really stupid or involving food. provided I haven't found a way to become an immortal vampire. (hey I can still dream)

8. What kind of casket would you want?
well a Kiss Kasket looks pretty cool, I would want Ozzy or SOAD on it though, and a purple interior.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
well my favorite shirt is a blue stripped one with a touch of glitter on it, and favorite bottoms is either my mini skirt or black denim jeans.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
my biggest problems being skinned knees and people stealing my crayons/food
now its broken hearts and stolen virginities. (they still steal my food though)

11. What's your favorite band?
right now its SOAD, but me and my friends are always finding different music.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
still in high school... I have no clue what I'm going to do, I want to be a vet because I love animals, but I love food and have always wanted to be in culinary, but everyone tells me I should be a nurse because I'm so compassionate, while I've always had a fascination with death and have wanted to be a medical examiner for as long as I can remember.

13. Why did you join?
mostly hair advice.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
guess...
Aberrant Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:18 AM   #2
Saya

Oh, you're from the Saint John thats not cool enough to have a "s" at the end.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:22 AM   #3
Aberrant Beauty

yeah but if I was, my accent would be much worse than the one I have now.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:21 AM   #4
Lolly PopMuzik

*sigh* Seriously?
Old 03-03-2010, 05:47 AM   #5
cultistofvertigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aberrant Beauty View Post
14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
guess...
Good. Answer. Seriously, I just a second rant about this question, like just now.

Also, I like that you say "I'm not part of any 'scene...'" on a forum at "Gothic.net." It's adorable. But I don't care 'bout that junk, in fact, you know who else said they weren't goth? Nick Cave for one, and Siouxsie Sioux is probably the worst offender.

But then, there is nothing dogmatic about the goth "scene," and if anyone who says otherwise isn't goth. It's just a style (an old style that's changed quite alot and meaned some wildly different things over the centuries), not a serious commitment. Unless you want it to be. Or not. Whatever.

I'm also guessing you're telling the truth, because I have no idea what in the hell an "SOAD" is. Is that one of them kooky spooky ebm bands?

You kids and your ebm... sheesh. I tell ya'.
cultistofvertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:54 AM   #6
MissInformation

Your avatar is adorable.
MissInformation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:12 AM   #7
Aberrant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cultistofvertigo View Post
Good. Answer. Seriously, I just a second rant about this question, like just now.

Also, I like that you say "I'm not part of any 'scene...'" on a forum at "Gothic.net." It's adorable. But I don't care 'bout that junk, in fact, you know who else said they weren't goth? Nick Cave for one, and Siouxsie Sioux is probably the worst offender.

But then, there is nothing dogmatic about the goth "scene," and if anyone who says otherwise isn't goth. It's just a style (an old style that's changed quite alot and meaned some wildly different things over the centuries), not a serious commitment. Unless you want it to be. Or not. Whatever.

I'm also guessing you're telling the truth, because I have no idea what in the hell an "SOAD" is. Is that one of them kooky spooky ebm bands?

You kids and your ebm... sheesh. I tell ya'.
I say I'm not part of any scene because I don't want to be and none of them want me anyway. I change my style every day, like, one day I'll be in all black with black/dark purple lipstick on, the next day I'll be wearing a hot pink tie dye tank top, stone washed jeans with no makeup... kinda like a "haha just try to label me" thing. I wouldn't really qualify as a goth anyway because I don't scare children... yet. its about time I get some revenge on those little buggers for biting me/pulling my hair/smashing my head into a wall/keeping me up all night when babysitting. I plan on getting some vampire fangs, colored contacts and a cape and go to the mall when all the little kids are there. yeah I probably should have mentioned I'm a little "odd". if someone were to label me, they'd probably say I was emo, which people have used as an insult to me to the point they've told me to go kill myself (that wasn't even in high school, that was in grade 7... I almost got suspended for screaming at them and swearing in front of a teacher.)

SOAD = System of a Down, they're a hard rock/alternative metal band and they're awesome... I suggest listening to their song "sugar" its pretty much my favorite song when you take all the parts of the song into account. Green Day's "Longview" has awesome bass... like its amazing, but that's pretty much the only good part of the song. and in case you didn't know, TSO is Trans-Siberian Orchestra and their song "Midnight" is amazing too. ok I'd better shut up before I make a long(er) speech about good music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissInformation View Post
Your avatar is adorable.
thanks, I like cake lol
Old 03-03-2010, 07:40 AM   #8
cultistofvertigo

Quote:
I say I'm not part of any scene because I don't want to be and none of them want me anyway. I change my style every day, like, one day I'll be in all black with black/dark purple lipstick on, the next day I'll be wearing a hot pink tie dye tank top, stone washed jeans with no makeup... kinda like a "haha just try to label me" thing. I wouldn't really qualify as a goth anyway because I don't scare children... yet.
I dig. I'm the same way, although I don't do tank tops.

Two things I can't help mentioning:
1. Haha try and label me? People are going to label you, that what humans do. We (ALL!) have a natural urge to affix things into (sometimes arbitrary) categories. It's just how our brains work, it's nothing to be ashamed of. I'm not sure if you're saying you switch styles every other day just to screw with "labels," but I have a feeling that if you didn't do that, no one would attempt to label you... does that make any sense?
2. I don't get the scaring children. I've scared some children, not because I'm a goth kid or anything, though. Was that one of the requirements? I must have missed that day in goth college.

Heheh... goth college... "And now class, we are going to examine the history of Skinny Puppy... oh, some animal died..."

That was a hilarious joke, yo.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:59 AM   #9
Aberrant Beauty

well, label me correctly anyway. I dress the way I want to, or sometimes have to in the case of hand-me-downs. it just happens to be a lot of different styles of clothing... kids at my school made comments about me looking goth one day and preppy the next and that I was confusing them.
the scaring children thing is something I read in a forum a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure if I was a kid and seen a guy like this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...%C3%A9tain.jpg I might have been scared, if I didn't wet my pants. although now that I'm older I do find his piercings interesting and I love his lips. a goth college would be pretty cool, but it would have to have classes on punk and emo too, you gotta cover all the bases. omg I'm supposed to get up for school in half an hour... power nap time.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:46 PM   #10
Apathy's_Child

You're seventeen? You sound younger.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:42 PM   #11
cultistofvertigo

Quote:
but it would have to have classes on punk and emo too, you gotta cover all the bases.
You lost me. goth-rock is just punk with more fishnet, but what's the connection to emo? They're seperated by like two decades, and it's terrible. We would have accepted "industrial" or "darkwave."
Old 03-04-2010, 04:08 PM   #12
Aberrant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cultistofvertigo View Post
You lost me. goth-rock is just punk with more fishnet, but what's the connection to emo? They're seperated by like two decades, and it's terrible. We would have accepted "industrial" or "darkwave."
well I didnt want to make the emo kids feel even more alone.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:33 PM   #13
Alan

Quote:
I wouldn't really qualify as a goth anyway because I don't scare children...
I want to slap you.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:57 PM   #14
Aberrant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I want to slap you.
so do a lot of people, you'll need to stand in line.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:30 PM   #15
PortraitOfSanity

You seem like the type I avoid.

*insert witty remark suggesting you leave the forum*

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:50 PM   #16
Aberrant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post
You seem like the type I avoid.
and why is that?
Old 03-05-2010, 08:25 AM   #17
PortraitOfSanity

Robin Cook, System of a Down, aspirations to go on a murder/suicide.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:17 PM   #18
Aberrant Beauty

Whats wrong with Robin Cook and System of a down?
And whats wrong with getting rid of some jock pricks and cheerleaders who think they're better than everyone else and think its funny to bully someone because they have a lisp or dress differently than them?
Old 03-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #19
Mariner

Quote:
Whats wrong with Robin Cook and System of a down?
And whats wrong with getting rid of some jock pricks and cheerleaders who think they're better than everyone else and think its funny to bully someone because they have a lisp or dress differently than them?
You're crazy.
Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:40 PM   #20
Aberrant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
You're crazy.
whats wrong with being a little crazy?
Old 03-05-2010, 02:50 PM   #21
Mariner

Quote:
whats wrong with being a little crazy?
A little crazy? You just said there is nothing wrong with wanting to kill people, this constitutes as more than just a little crazy.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:51 PM   #22
Aberrant Beauty

they're not people, they have no soul.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:19 PM   #23
Alan

You're fucking stupid. You bitch about 'jocks' making fun of people but you do not even consider them people?
You know what happened last time someone didn't consider someone human? SLAVERY, THAT'S FUCKING WHAT.

By the way, you say "I'm just me" but you're exactly like a hundred other angsty teens with no identity of their own. Fuck, half of them even title their threads *insert something witty*

Grow up. Fuck off. Die out.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:21 PM   #24
Mariner

Quote:
they're not people, they have no soul.
lol They have no soul? Seeing as you're the one that said it would be just fine to kill them I think you're hardly one to talk about people not having souls. Well, anyway I must agree with Apathy's_Child you sound much younger than 17.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:22 PM   #25
Aberrant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
You're fucking stupid. You bitch about 'jocks' making fun of people but you do not even consider them people?
You know what happened last time someone didn't consider someone human? SLAVERY, THAT'S FUCKING WHAT.

Grow up. Fuck off. Die out.
ok you deal with 6 years of them beating you up, telling you how worthless you are, and repeatedly telling you you should go kill yourself, THEN tell me they're human.