Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:00 PM   #3601
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
ACK! ... ummm, I think that's a check in the bad mom column.

I feel bad for what they went through.
My mom desperately hates and fears rodents, she called them "rats with cute tails" and would make me wash my hands for five minutes after I touched them. Even when I moved out and got two pet rats and then had the pet mouse she would always say I should just throw them out of the house, and she hated being in my apartment for too long knowing they were there. I still think it was cruel of her but keep in mind she has a phobia, and she did ask a guy at animal control to see if they would take them first.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:53 AM   #3602
Still Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555 View Post
I found a baby bird on the sidewalk last night.. he had fallen out of his nest (bit too young to be a fledgling) and on to the sidewalk. I took him with me when I picked Kontan up from work, then tried to warm him up and help him pull through. Sadly, because of his injuries, he went in to shock and died about two hours after I found him.

Rest in Peace, Tyrannosaur Test Your Might Fightmaster. *pic*
A friend of mine once nursed a baby owl through a fall from a nest. he survived for about six months and then eventually died for some reason or other. Owls are cool though.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:39 AM   #3603
Saya

The new cat has a dingle berry on her tail (she's long haired) and she clawed me when I tried to get it off for her. I tried distracting her with yarn and treats, but she's not having it.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:58 AM   #3604
the-nihilist

Same thing day after day...
Old 05-13-2010, 09:13 AM   #3605
the-nihilist

Am I an asshole for singing Pink Floyd's "Time" on someone's birthday instead of the traditional song?
Old 05-13-2010, 09:15 AM   #3606
Solumina

I worked with the new girl last night and well, she seems nice enough but she is an idiot
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:29 AM   #3607
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-nihilist View Post
Am I an asshole for singing Pink Floyd's "Time" on someone's birthday instead of the traditional song?
"So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking ..."

Naw, sounds cheery enough to me! LMAO!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:30 AM   #3608
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
I worked with the new girl last night and well, she seems nice enough but she is an idiot
Mark my words: Well-meaning idiots will fuck you up far worse than assholes you can see coming a mile away.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 05-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #3609
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555 View Post
I found a baby bird on the sidewalk last night.. he had fallen out of his nest (bit too young to be a fledgling) and on to the sidewalk. I took him with me when I picked Kontan up from work, then tried to warm him up and help him pull through. Sadly, because of his injuries, he went in to shock and died about two hours after I found him.

Rest in Peace, Tyrannosaur Test Your Might Fightmaster. *pic*

If he fell or was booted out of the nest from quite a height while not fledged properly, he might have cracked or broken his breastbone which would certainly do him in. That and the shock. Poor little thing :_(

Quote:
The new cat has a dingle berry on her tail (she's long haired) and she clawed me when I tried to get it off for her. I tried distracting her with yarn and treats, but she's not having it.
Not quite sure what a dingleberry is...is it a blob of shit stuck to the fur? Or a clot of hair? Either way just put out her food, wait for her to start eating and then snip it off at arms length with a pair of scissors. Or wait till she's asleep and do the same. Chances are she'll be less bothered by that than if you pick her up and try to pull it off.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:40 PM   #3610
Saya

Yeah it was a small piece of shit, i gave up last night and went to bed after I stopped bleeding, and now its gone, I'm going to be paranoid now as to where it could be. I'll try scissors next time though, thanks.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:58 PM   #3611
honeythorn

Cool. My dog gets them sometimes and won't stand still for anyone to pull them off. She thinks it's a game and runs off barking . So I sneak up with the scissors, snip! and then run away while she gets all indignant about it . You wouldn't think a dog could act in an indignant way but seriously, mine does
Old 05-13-2010, 03:56 PM   #3612
ape descendant

LOL contankerous pets + dingleberry = hilarity!

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:31 PM   #3613
CowGoth

Bored or bummed?

Take a quiz, Click here!
CowGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:16 PM   #3614
the-nihilist

I'm getting tired of "The Man" keeping me down!
Old 05-14-2010, 04:31 AM   #3615
Saya

I've been up for two hours now with a horrible stomach ache, I gotta go to work in an hour, and after work I gotta go pick up a lot of stuff at the center thats going to be heavy to carry. Normally I wouldn't care as its not that long a walk from the center to the nearby mall's bus shelters, but ITS SNOWING OUTSIDE. And I'm not talking flurries, its heavy snow.

Its supposed to change to rain later on, but its still cold.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:09 AM   #3616
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-nihilist View Post
That song is quite appropriate actually.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #3617
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I've been up for two hours now with a horrible stomach ache, I gotta go to work in an hour, and after work I gotta go pick up a lot of stuff at the center thats going to be heavy to carry. Normally I wouldn't care as its not that long a walk from the center to the nearby mall's bus shelters, but ITS SNOWING OUTSIDE. And I'm not talking flurries, its heavy snow.
Sounds like you could use a nice hot cup of ginger tea, its quite warming and really helps with stomach problems. I hope you feel better soon.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-14-2010, 12:41 PM   #3618
Saya

I don't have ginger tea but green tea did the trick. I wasn't feeling great yesterday either and didn't get to eat much, so this morning after trying to heave something up I got the taste of bile in my mouth, bleeegh. Everything tastes gross.

But everything else turned out okay, it warmed up a bit and its just raining, and dad gave me a ride to the center.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:12 PM   #3619
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Mark my words: Well-meaning idiots will fuck you up far worse than assholes you can see coming a mile away.
Oh so true. Last night before we left I went over all of the closing duties to make sure that she had done them. I should have physically checked instead of just asking her because she did most of them but there was food in the trash so clearly that should have been dumped and it looks like she vacuumed before sweeping the raquetteball courts and the stairs because there wad dirt on the carpet at the base of the stairs and the doors to the courts. Seriously it isn't that hard >.<
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-15-2010, 12:44 PM   #3620
Ben Lahnger

DAMMIT!!!!!

Cassandra Peterson (Elvira) is appearing at the Alamo Theater in Austin tonight for the premier of "All About Evil" ... and I can't go! I don't have the money for the trip right now and even if I did I've got other, very pressing time commitments.

DAMMITDAMMITDAMMITDAMMITDAMMITDAMMITDAMMITDAMMIT!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-16-2010, 09:54 PM   #3621
Pineapple_Juice

I've just sneezed out a large and greenish chunk of phlegm onto my father's shirt sleeve. It was an accident, but I assure you I recognized the hilarity anyway.

Unfortunately, I have been pelted with several rolls of toilet paper and two boxes of tissues, one of which hit me in the face, and now my cheek is sort of bleeding.
That too, was an accident, but I assure you my father recognized the hilarity anyway.

Was unaware cardboard could puncture?
Old 05-17-2010, 07:06 AM   #3622
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
I've just sneezed out a large and greenish chunk of phlegm onto my father's shirt sleeve. It was an accident, but I assure you I recognized the hilarity anyway.

Unfortunately, I have been pelted with several rolls of toilet paper and two boxes of tissues, one of which hit me in the face, and now my cheek is sort of bleeding.
That too, was an accident, but I assure you my father recognized the hilarity anyway.

Was unaware cardboard could puncture?
Nah, it didn't puncture, it broke.

One time I got hit in the eyebrow with an empty carton of orange juice. My whole face was covered in blood in like two seconds.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:06 AM   #3623
Razeal18

I am really getting pissed witmyself. i wqanna learn game design but it costs80,000 for tuition alone. i want to get back with my ex but i am wondering if she will go backt o crazy bitch mode. I want to claw my way out of poverty but i dont have a job. Anyone have any ideas for making money that will not include sacraficeing my sweet virgin ass?
Razeal18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:22 AM   #3624
Underwater Ophelia

Um, get a job?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:01 AM   #3625
honeythorn

Agreed. The only way you will claw your way out of poverty as you say, and afford your training, is to get a job. Any job, and possibly more than one if you can to speed up the income and amount of money to save.