Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:17 PM   #26
Pineapple_Juice

Not as of yet, no, but I always oggle their website. I could probably score some off ebay or somewhere similar if I can't get it shipped from the company.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:22 PM   #27
Saya

Man I used cheap mineral foundation today because I had a bit of blemish, I got it from Icing (everything there is vegan) and I was pleased, it doesn't cover up as well as liquid but it doesn't look quite as fake either, and it doesn't clog my pores quite as badly.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:31 AM   #28
Pineapple_Juice

Sadly, I need something with good coverage.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:07 AM   #29
CrimsonPythonidae

I have dry eczma prone skin that gets irritated easily, looks flakey and breaks out if I use much makeup so I don't really wear it often. I've only recently started wearing makeup because, well I don't know, I suppose I'm worried I'm starting to look kind of old these days...

Anyway, it took me ages to find a foundation that I could wear without getting the same sort of issues you're having. I don't know how good it would be for everyday use since I don't use it too often and I don't know if it's vegan (probably not) but it's that Maybelline Dream Mousse stuff. I don't like to feel like I'm wearing anything on my face and this is really light, it feels better than anything else I've tried. I moisturise ten minutes or so before I put it on and usually will put a bit of powder over it. I've tried a couple of mineral powders but I didn't like them so gave up on that idea.

Good luck anyway, hope you find something that works for you.
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:32 PM   #30
Pineapple_Juice

Muchas gracias.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:28 PM   #31
DarkestSunrise

I am hooked on Mineral Makeup now!

Greetings! I just posted an introduction so you may not have seen it yet but it's there.
I just wanted to say that I was skeptical about mineral foundations myself.I need a lot of coverage but I hate the way full-coverage foundations look and feel. I tried Bare Escentuals and was not impressed by the powdery finish and the light level of coverage plus it was too dark for my casper-face. I then ordered a sample of foundation from a little company called "Morgana Minerals." The shade is my exact match, called "Pale C." I was really impressed by how it just melts into my skin and lasts all day. The coverage is build-able but I could still use a little more and since her company is not even known for it's foundation (she only offers a few shades) I figured I should try something from a company who did have foundation that was really popular and highly praised. I got seven samples along with some concealer samples from a company called "Meow Cosmetics." They have an intricate color-matching process with 80 shades of foundation in three levels of coverage and concealers to match. Samples are only a dollar. The best thing about these indie mineral companies is everything is vegan, not tested on animals, and inexpensive! There are at least three I can think of that cater to goths too, with dark and unusual lipstick shades and lots of beautiful eyeshadows and glitters. I am hooked!
DarkestSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #32
DarkestSunrise

Whoops

I wanted to add that I haven't received my Meow order yet but If you can relate to any of this you should order some samples yourself. If you are super pale you could try Morgana, and if not try Meow or another indie mineral company. Google Mineral Makeup Mutiny for some of the best and trusted companies. Good luck!
Old 06-14-2010, 07:18 PM   #33
Pineapple_Juice

Yeah I bought Bare Minerals and it sucked really bad. I think that's pretty much the same as Bare Escentuals, right?
Old 06-14-2010, 08:22 PM   #34
Saya

Have you tried Eyes Lips Face make up? Its cheap and vegan, haven't tried it yet but a friend strongly recommended it, been meaning to get a few friends to order together so we can go splitsies on the customs fee.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:24 PM   #35
carakitty

Bare Escentuals is Bare Minerals.
BE is the main company name and BM is the foundation.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:26 AM   #36
DarkestSunrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
Yeah I bought Bare Minerals and it sucked really bad. I think that's pretty much the same as Bare Escentuals, right?

Yeah, I think someone else said this but t's the same thing. I would have assumed that all mineral foundations sucked after trying that because that was such an expensive product that it made me assume it must be top of the line. It's funny how the cost of things affects opinion of quality. I would never have imagined that mineral foundations that cost less than half as much could be so much better if I hadn't come across reviews of companies like Meow minerals, Dreamworld minerals and Morgana. I'm glad I broke down and spent 1.oo on a sample since that sample lasted me 7 applications and it made my skin look so nice plus it took about 1/3 of the time I used to spend with a bottle of liquid foundation, a brush and a sponge. It's worth looking around and trying different companies esp. when you can get samples. Getting to sample a foundation only makes sense anyway, I don't know how I went so long without the option!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:42 AM   #37
Skye Jules

I only use expensive mineral foundations, like 50$ ones, because they're the only ones I trust not to clog my pores. Aromaleigh has some great foundations not tested on animals, very vegan-friendly products.
Skye Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:01 PM   #38
DarkestSunrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye Jules View Post
I only use expensive mineral foundations, like 50$ ones, because they're the only ones I trust not to clog my pores. Aromaleigh has some great foundations not tested on animals, very vegan-friendly products.
Aromaleigh just discontinued all their foundation, which really sucks. I think there's going to be a lot of disappointed people out there that used it all the time and have to find something new now. As for the pore-clogging problems, that's why samples are so great- you could always try some different well-reviewed companies similar to Aromaleigh (most indie mineral companies have vegan products and do not test on animals) and see if they work for you. If you have something that works really well and you do break out easily it's best not to mess with it though. I break out a lot myself but it's been better lately.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:01 PM   #39
Skye Jules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestSunrise View Post
Aromaleigh just discontinued all their foundation, which really sucks. I think there's going to be a lot of disappointed people out there that used it all the time and have to find something new now. As for the pore-clogging problems, that's why samples are so great- you could always try some different well-reviewed companies similar to Aromaleigh (most indie mineral companies have vegan products and do not test on animals) and see if they work for you. If you have something that works really well and you do break out easily it's best not to mess with it though. I break out a lot myself but it's been better lately.
That's disappointing. Why the discontinuation?
Skye Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:56 PM   #40
DarkestSunrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye Jules View Post
That's disappointing. Why the discontinuation?
That I don't know :/ I just noticed it on the site recently.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:44 PM   #41
Violet Thyme

So far the best coverage I've gotten from a cheap liquid foundation is Rimmel Lasting Finish 16 Hour Foundation ($7 at Walmart/drug stores). Unfortunately the lightest color is not the palest ivory I've ever tried, but the coverage is fantastic - nice even application, flawless finish, great doll-like skin at the end. Top it off with a good pale powder (still looking for the perfect one) and you get the pale look AND smooth medium-to-full coverage.

The best thing is to apply a titanium or zinc oxide sunscreen before putting on your foundation. This does double duty: A) Keeps your skin naturally pale and sun-protected, and B) the oxide has a white mattifying effect on the skin and gives an extra boost of paleness to a not-so-pale foundation.
Violet Thyme is offline   Reply With Quote