Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:20 AM   #1
birdmad

Remake of 'Let the Right One In'

Let the Right One In is getting an American remake

trailer:
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi4086433305/
birdmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:24 AM   #2
Ben Lahnger

I'm going to have to watch the original in the next couple of days ... I have it in my NetFlix Instant Watch queue. I'm of mixed feelings right now ... if they try to Americanize the story too much, they'll ruin it ... but it could be good if this brought more people to see the story who won't watch a foreign film with subtitles.

But, yeah ... it is worrisome.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #3
birdmad

The original's great, there was something quiet and minimalistic about it that added to the atmosphere. The American one looks like they were going for the same mood of recent horror movies.

OH! And they changed the title to "Let Me In."
birdmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:52 AM   #4
Saya

I'm not a big fan of the original honestly, it was overrated. It wasn't bad, but from what everyone was saying I was disappointed. Also, I read the book first, and they left out the scariest thing.

If they include this very scary thing in the American remake and actually do it well, I'd be pleased.

Wish it was still set in Sweden, though. And I thought they did a great job with Eli in the first movie, I know her voice was dubbed over but it was awesome they did. They don't sound like they did it with this girl, and I'm not sure what to think about the child actors.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:33 AM   #5
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Also, I read the book first, and they left out the scariest thing.
I'm making a mental note of this. I may have to get the book now. Thank you for that piece of information.

Also, any movie where children are cast is a dicey affair. Kid actors can ruin a perfectly good movie ... and are much less likely to improve a bad one ... regardless of source material or script.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:07 PM   #6
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
I'm making a mental note of this. I may have to get the book now. Thank you for that piece of information.
I highly recommend it! Not sure if its my favourite book evar!!1! but its pretty close.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:27 AM   #7
Saya

http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/07/...es-to-impress/

So a new trailer was released during Comic-Con, and I realized that the girl playing Eli/Abby is Chloe Moretz, who I loved as Hit Girl in Kick Ass so I have hope yet.

It seems that they're keeping Abby's gender issue, and on the IMDB they have someone cast as the "original vampire", so there might be flashbacks to how Abby became a vampire, which the original movie left out. So yay for that! It seems this version is going to be less vague on such details.

Now if anyone can find out for me if that very scary thing from the book is going to be included, I'd be a very happy person. Spoiler if you don't get what I mean: Is Hakan going to turn into a vampire, or are they going to kill him off early like they did in the original movie?
Old 08-03-2010, 01:19 PM   #8
Hearts_Purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I'm not a big fan of the original honestly, it was overrated. It wasn't bad, but from what everyone was saying I was disappointed. Also, I read the book first, and they left out the scariest thing.
I feel the same way about it, though I haven't read the book.
Hearts_Purple is offline   Reply With Quote