Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 06-18-2010, 03:47 PM   #26
Ben Lahnger

Ouyay akemay onay ensesay. Onay oneay ouldshay eadray isthay eadthray urtherfay.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:11 PM   #27
Warlord1388

One only the man goth an Rivethead and Cybergoth alone home but no long club never place too far 50 mile city, he goth single bad stay home long year man get angry hate the people fake in the Social goth the no long rivethead and cyber of history the people not much city and town kids or teen some adult most EMO and Juggelo in Oklahoma.The man live in town no money, no club, no job, no friend rivethead and cybergoth the man from Okla.
Warlord1388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:33 PM   #28
Shadowagony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord1388 View Post
One only the man goth an Rivethead and Cybergoth alone home but no long club never place too far 50 mile city, he goth single bad stay home long year man get angry hate the people fake in the Social goth the no long rivethead and cyber of history the people not much city and town kids or teen some adult most EMO and Juggelo in Oklahoma.The man live in town no money, no club, no job, no friend rivethead and cybergoth the man from Okla.
It seems like you're trying to say:

the only man/men who are goth are rivetheads and cybergoths and they no longer go to clubs because they are too far away. This man is single and bad and stays home all of the time because he is angry and hates all of the poseur goths who (by your own definition) are poseurs because they are no longer riverheads or cybergoths, they don't all live in cities or towns, they are teens, they are emo and/or juggalo, and they're from Oklahoma. There is a guy who lives in Oklahoma who has no money, can't go to clubs, has no job, and has friends who are rivetheads or cybergoths.

That's the most sense that I could make from your posts because your manner of communication is very strange. We can't understand what you are saying at all. We're pretty sure that you have an interesting point to make, and we'd like to discuss it, but it's no good if you can't articulate it in a coherent manner.
Shadowagony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:34 PM   #29
Shadowagony

Also, just curious but, would that man happen to be you?
Old 06-19-2010, 10:33 PM   #30
Catch

Quote:
He might be Ostro-Goth. They don't like people much. I'm kind of Ostro-Goth, yet without the bitter, jaded attitude of pure loathing. I just don't like being touched.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:26 AM   #31
Ben Lahnger

Warlord1388, we're so sorry this happened to you.

Would you please point out on this doll where the bad Goth touched you.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #32
paleghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
He might be Ostro-Goth. They don't like people much. I'm kind of Ostro-Goth, yet without the bitter, jaded attitude of pure loathing. I just don't like being touched.
I've never heard the term "Ostro-Goth" before, you'll have to explain that to me.

First of all, let's assume for a moment that this is a case of bad English and not a troll (if he is a troll he's either really bad or just a slow worker). but if so it's obvious he's probably from western Europe. I know the rivethead and Cybergoth stuff is still big over there.

Second, if so then you'll have to forgive some of us for not being "real goths" in your perspective. One, both those genre's of goth haven't been big in the states for almost twenty years now. At the same time, I like some of the cyber and rivet-head style, but it's all very expensive. I would like to incorporate some of that style into my repertoire, I just can't afford it.
paleghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:52 PM   #33
Anarasha

Why the fuck do we insist on labeling a subculture like ours into smaller bits?
Chance for more hate towards specific parts of it?
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:28 PM   #34
paleghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarasha View Post

Now I think you might be taking it a bit too extreme there Anarasha. The fact is that there are many "flavors" of Gothic fashion, and we need to acknowledge that.

I mean, you wouldn't say that Alien Sex Fiend Sounds like Voltaire would you? They are both gothic artist, but one plays death-rock and the other Cabernet. I understand that acknowledging diversity can create problems, but the fact is that diversity is there anyway.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:02 PM   #35
Shadowagony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarasha View Post
I guess it's the nature of the beast. We live in a society that loves to put everything (and everyone) into some type of group with a neat little label on it. It makes it easier for people to just pass sweeping judgments and make broad ranging stereotypes instead of actually using their brains and forming their own opinions about individuals, music, etc. Also, as you pointed out, it makes it that much easier to single out a particular group that fits a particular label and marginalize them.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:59 AM   #36
Catch

Seems to me Goth is an adjective to add to something else: Goth Industrial, Goth Black Metal, and so-on. Seriously, everyone is way over thinking Goth.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:59 AM   #37
paleghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
Seems to me Goth is an adjective to add to something else: Goth Industrial, Goth Black Metal, and so-on. Seriously, everyone is way over thinking Goth.
now I think everyone is looking at just the negative side to labels. Yes, some people use labels to pass judgment, and essentially be unpleasant. However, I see nothing wrong with using labels as a form of social shorthand.

If I give you an album by a band you've never heard of and say "they're a punk band" then you get a general idea of what they sound like. You may not know exactly, but your probably in the right ballpark.

It's the same with goth...it's the way it is. A deathrocker doesn't look like a rivethead. A J-goth doesn't look like a cybergoth. I think if you just call the whole ting "goth" then your really underplaying the diversity within the subculture.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:37 PM   #38
Pooka

O.o ...maybe he doesn't know how to speak English? lol.
Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #39
Hearts_Purple

This is the most hilarious thread ever!
Hearts_Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #40
Tam Li Hua

I feel like I'm trying to read Sim language translated into English..

Harble herby!
Old 08-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #41
Catch

Quote:
No reading goth the book learn subculthure lost life Gothic the people are youth or Older go out no long not back the people frame Gothic.
I like the new avatar.

Ostro-Goth is a new word I came across the other day. Formerly referred to as "Uber Goth" uber means "very" and while Goth was originally stoic, wearing long black outfits and detesting life with a severe leaning toward deprivation, that did not fit in with the marketing schemas involving models in tight clothes. Therefore, being very Goth changed to being very much like incompetent Grecen rulers before the fall of their empire.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:44 PM   #42
ape descendant

This thread
makes me
want to
eat my own head.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote